Code of Conduct

Default Secretions Manifiques' SILLAGE !!!

Hey guys,

I just put on SM for the first time today. It smelled like light floral at first, then the disgusting stuffs emerged: blood, milk, semen and wet dog. They all combined with a sweet touch to it. When I sniff my wrist closely, it smells absolutely disgusting, I almost vomit. But when smelled far away, (or trying to fan the smell to my nose), It is quite beautiful.

Anyone have the same thoughts?

ohhmygod.
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 28th April 2010 at 06:23 AM.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Default Re: Secretions Manifiques' SILLAGE !!!

Not entirely on topic, but...

With Secretions Magnifiques, although I personally haven't smelled it, I can't help but wonder if people try so hard to find meaning where there is none that they voluntarily wear the stench of bloody dog jizz and convince themselves it's beautiful
    I mean, placebo is a very widely known effect. If I wore it, I'd be worried that is the case.

I find it hilarious every time I see someone on Basenotes referring to something smelling like semen. Does semen have a smell? Mine sure as hell doesn't! (as it's completely odorless and always has been) Am I just one of the lucky ones?? I don't mean to sound rude, but what the hell are you guys eating to produce odorous semen!?!

It's not that it has a stinky smell, it's pretty bland. almost like..corn starch mixed with hot water and maybe a slight pinch of sugar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I find it hilarious every time I see someone on Basenotes referring to something smelling like semen. Does semen have a smell? Mine sure as hell doesn't! (as it's completely odorless and always has been) Am I just one of the lucky ones?? I don't mean to sound rude, but what the hell are you guys eating to produce odorous semen!?!
    I think everything is kosher until someone brings up taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Not entirely on topic, but...

With Secretions Magnifiques, although I personally haven't smelled it, I can't help but wonder if people try so hard to find meaning where there is none that they voluntarily wear the stench of bloody dog jizz and convince themselves it's beautiful
    I mean, placebo is a very widely known effect. If I wore it, I'd be worried that is the case.
    My answer is no, i didnt try to like it ) . Just noticed the sillage is beautiful (well, more beautiful when smelled upclose)

Just wanna ask, how do you know there is none ? =) . I believe beauty lies within (if theres any of course). I already explained how I saw the beauty in SM =)

You serious ? Mine do. Everyone does. :P
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 28th April 2010 at 08:46 AM.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Just wanna ask, how do you know there is none ? =) . I believe beauty lies within (if theres any of course). I already explained how I saw the beauty in SM =)
    I don't. I was just kind of being a dick. I watched Teresa's live sampling of it video (over here) and it's just a little hard to imagine it being beautiful

Yeah i watched that video too, she sniffed it too closely thats why theres all that emotions and "f-bombs" lol.

"No Pain, No Gain"

Hmmm - seems to me that you've never had the misfortune of coming across a used condom.
    Pretty bad, though not as bad as SM
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Hey guys,

I just put on SM for the first time today. It smelled like light floral at first, then the disgusting stuffs emerged: blood, milk, semen and wet dog. They all combined with a sweet touch to it. When I sniff my wrist closely, it smells absolutely disgusting, I almost vomit. But when smelled far away, (or trying to fan the smell to my nose), It is quite beautiful.

Anyone have the same thoughts?

ohhmygod.
    No, I'm too busy trying stop gagging to have that thought.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 28th April 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I have smelled Secretions Magnigiques on someone. It was at a Chanel fashion show, after the runway show, at the after party...on the sand, surrounded by tiki torches, food, lots of people - all on the sand (beach). The woman was a young French woman, dressed very radically and wearing very pale makeup with a very strange hairdo. It smelled like she'd coated herself in some combination of water and liquid vitamins...it was rather CdG-ish and it perked up my nose but then I instantly realized (because someone told me standing next to her) that she was wearing the ELDO scent.

When I wore it myself, it was a truly horrible olfactory experience. Actually I would say it was very traumatic. And I don't use that word lightly. Just very disgusting and I came very close to vomiting when I wore it.

So, yes, ohmygod - you're not the only one who's simultaneously repelled and fascinated by this scent. Which, IMO, is sort of a interesting. Don't you think?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 28th April 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Basenotes Institution

This is such an interesting thread ,guys ! *LOL* I have no comment re. semen .............
    I will make it a ponit now to try Secretions Magnifiques .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 28th April 2010 at 04:13 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

@Renato: haha fair enuf !!! It all comes down to taste and how ur synus perceive the frag !

@Mike: It is a pretty interesting. My thought is if they put out an absoultely disgusting frag (without underlying beauty), they would go bankrupt :P
    At least i can smell the beauty from far away haha. Weird fragrance tbh.

@mysticknot: please dont stick ur nose to ur wrist and take a deep breath, it seriously will make u puke like it did to me. =) Smell ur wrist from far away. You can use ur hand to wave the sillage to ur nose !

"No Pain, No Gain"

Basenotes Institution

See the subject of semen and smell came up - this latest article dated 27 April 2010 about Lily of The valley and sperm should interest ! Quite timely ! *LOL* www.perfumeshrine.com
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I just threw up in my mouth after reading this thread.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

My "boundary" frag is Cumming the Fragrance, which is very good once it dries down. Kouros and SM are on the other side of that boundary, needless to say. LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 29th April 2010 at 04:16 AM.

) You know what smells like semen , more than SM ???

CHLORINE (whatever they use to clean the swimming pool)

"No Pain, No Gain"

I rather say SM is strange.
    Beautiful? - No.
    Disgusting? - Maybe. For some people.
    Interesting and unusual? - Definitely yes!
    Vetiver The Great!!!