Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 28 April

[QUOTE=RainDropSparkle;1821393]Kumquat - I always look forward to the images in your SOTD post.

Thank-you, too, dear. Everyone has been so nice about my posts, I have been posting them to my blog recently. So, if you are interested, you can see some of them from the last month or so.

Basenotes Institution

[QUOTE=kumquat;1821541]
    Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Kumquat - I always look forward to the images in your SOTD post.

Thank-you, too, dear. Everyone has been so nice about my posts, I have been posting them to my blog recently. So, if you are interested, you can see some of them from the last month or so.
    Yes, your posts are beautiful Kumquat !

On with my day with renewed sprays of Carnal Flower . So juicy, green and tuberosy !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Scent twins with Dennard this morning in Guerlain Vetiver (wanted to keep it a little restrained as I had a mentoring session and the mentor has been sneezy.)...

Congrats Your Royal Highness Quarry on your great presentation! You obviously ARE that good!

Laughing a little with Le Grand Duc... obviously you like the Mademoiselle, non? And PM too. Oh dear! (I find both of those scents quite comfortable, refreshing, clean, and wonderful. Mademoiselle just keeps wafting up noseward on me all day when I wear it. Subtle, but nice.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Just lazing around reading in Rosine's Ecume de Rose.
    Ah, my favorite Rosine, RHM! I'm testing Rose Kashmirie today. Lovely!

L'Artisan Dzing!

Notes: Rose, Orris, Daffodil, Ginger, Cinnamom, Saffron, Castoreum, Peru Balsam, Benzoin, Musk (from osmoz.com)

I have been sampling Dzing! for some time now, and every time I smell it, I marvel at its unique character. I didn't really understand this fragrance at first. Antiseptic? Wood? Hay and Manure? Dzing! really lives up to its animal cage reputation. in fact, its purported leather accord didn't register immediately. One day after trying Dzing! for the first time, I was in a public place, mostly around people who did not wear fragrance. I started to smell Dzing! and looked around to see if I could determine where the scent was coming from. I soon had my answer--it was emanating from the leather jacket of the man sitting next to me. Yup. Dzing! smells pretty much exactly like a handsome man's buttery soft brown leather bomber jacket, partially infused with whatever musky cologne is his signature scent.

Although castoreum is listed as a base note, it comes forth quite strongly in the early development of Dzing!, and stays strong for hours. Other fragrances I've tried which carry an equally strong castoreum dosage are Mazzolari Lui (an animalic amber-patchouli) and Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan (a leathery, waxy, floral musk). To me, castoreum tends to be sweet, and in Dzing! it is made more so with tonka/vanilla and resins. It is not overpoweringly so, however--a bit of powdery iris adds some dryness, and musk adds softness. Dzing! separates itself from Lui and MKK by being primarily a leather scent with a de-emphasis on the heavy oriental qualities that are innate to Lui and MKK. The musk, woods and resins in Dzing!'s base are sheer and finely balanced. It makes an excellent daily wear scent for leather lovers, and is one of the most interesting casual leather scents I have tried--highly recommended!

Fracas!

I tried to wear this to bed a week or so ago and was soooo not down with it. It gave me a headache and I had to go scrub, and I was thinking (especially after a bad first experience with Songes) that I just can't do BWFs anymore. But I like it today! Woohoo!

Twolf, I heart you!

Congratulations Quarry! I hope you are celebrating with perfume (I always give myself perfume gifts for a job well done).

Today I wore Bond No. 9 So New York. Sickly sweet on me. I prefer New Haarlem. Some time ago I was debating which one to buy and I think I made the right choice, I went with New Haarlem.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Congratulations Quarry! I hope you are celebrating with perfume (I always give myself perfume gifts for a job well done).
    I do this too, somehow it makes me more productive and feel less guilty

SotE Miss Dior

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    SotA is Cacharel's Liberté, which I love and haven't worn lately. I'm also testing out a gigundo bottle of Cabaret by Grès, which I bought blind at Marshall's this afternoon. I'd read so many raves on it, but I'm not sure this is for me. I can't think what it reminds me of...Paloma Picasso? Coriandre? I need some time with it. My bottle is all clear, with no red.
    I like Liberte too- what a fun orange-y treat. And like you, I was underwhelmed by Cabaret given the good reviews here- but after a few wearings I really like it and even got the matching shower gel to oomph it up a bit.
    Scent o' the AM- DKNY
    Scent o' the PM Ma Liberte Jean Patou
    Scent o' the evening Chergui (it's freezing here tonight