Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Bond No.9 Wall Street = Masculine MI.

Cucumber notes should have stayed in the 90's, This one is equally dreadful.

To begin with, Wall Street and MI do not smell alike. Not even in the same ballpark.

The only thing Wall Street has going for it is longevity, which most Bonds do -- Bond fragrances generally last a very long time. Unfortunately, it smells awful to me. I do not want to smell like a cucumber kale salad. If you do, this is the one for you.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

"Creed is betttta, it goes on first and cleans the haiiir"

"No, Bond is bettta, it leaves the hair silky and smooooth"

"Oh really fool?"

and end scene. Nothing more to see here.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

I apologize in advance for the rant, but this needs to be said:

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I find it funny/unfortunate that people continually mention how if it doesn't last, it's not worth the money.
    I don't think it's funny at all. A scent is something you wear. Could you imagine a company selling clothes that lasted less and less because they cost more? That'd be crazy.

When buying a fragrance, we're paying for more than just a smell. We're paying for the ability to wear that smell. If I can't get more than a few hours of wear, I won't buy it regardless of how good it smells. Reapplying isn't the answer because it means starting over with the top notes. It also means stopping whatever you're doing so you can reapply your fragrance. I expect what I'm wearing to last through the evening. I'm not going to the restroom to swap jackets or change my pants. I expect a scent to last the evening as well. To suggest I shouldn't because the scent cost more is downright silly.

Please don't tell me you're foolish enough to believe there aren't any chemicals in your bottles of Creed. I'm not bashing Creed. I own Aventus and I love it, but I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't get good enough longevity. Paying more for less wear? THAT would be silly.