Code of Conduct

Default Bond No.9 Wall Street = Masculine MI.

Got to sample Wall Street yesterday. Possibly my new favourite fragrance. Up until now, my favourite frag has been Creed's MI. I love the sweet, yet salty vibe I get from it. My girlfriend doesn't generally compliment me on how I smell but she does when I wear MI.

Anyhow, Wall Street is slightly less sweet, with better longevity IMO. It projects about the same. It reminds me slightly of Erolfa too. Only very slightly though.

Speaking of Erolfa, I was harsh on it when I first smelled it and posted on here. However, having given it a proper wearing on a warm day, I realised I spoke too soon. It is still slightly sour, but also a bit sweet and salty. Bags of citrus initially, but it dries down wonderfully. I still don't think it's worth the price tag but it is a very nice fragrance. Unique.

Default Re: Bond No.9 Wall Street = Masculine MI.

i recently sampled Wall Street too. And like everything else Bond makes, it's a plasticky-synthetic, cheap rip-off of Creed. Yes, it lasts longer, unfortunately.

Unfathomable that a longtime MI wearer would find Wall Street even tolerable. It's a hideous knock-off.

There is possibly no frag house I have less respect for than Bond. There's more originality in Gap fragrance.

I agree, Wall Street is a fantastic fragrance. Though not identical but it's on the same track as Creed MI.
    Longevity & sillage are terrific. I do not find it any more synthetic than the basenotes of Creed MI.
    Yes, the top notes of MI smell really natural but the base of Creed MI, with all that musk, does smell synthetic.

Wall street is good, M-I is much better, Erolfa is best of the three!

And like everything else Bond makes, it's a plasticky-synthetic, cheap rip-off of Creed. Yes, it lasts longer, unfortunately.
    It saddens me that Bond No 9 has such a bad rep on this site. Yes most of its line is forgettable but it has some great jewels among the line-up like New Haarlem
    Everyone's quick to point out that someone's ripping off Creed. Frankly, Wall Street smells absolutely NOTHING like Millesime Imperial. Hell, I don't think you COULD rip off Creed if you wanted to due to the specifics of how they make their frags. (although, apparently Chez is a solid rip-off of GIT, have yet to check it out) Millesime Imperial is very salty and ozonic but very fleeting, very understated.
    Wall Street is synthetic, slightly more artificial floral\cucumber concoction. I see no specific parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    It saddens me that Bond No 9 has such a bad rep on this site. Yes most of its line is forgettable but it has some great jewels among the line-up like New Haarlem
    Everyone's quick to point out that someone's ripping off Creed. Frankly, Wall Street smells absolutely NOTHING like Millesime Imperial. Hell, I don't think you COULD rip off Creed if you wanted to due to the specifics of how they make their frags. (although, apparently Chez is a solid rip-off of GIT, have yet to check it out) Millesime Imperial is very salty and ozonic but very fleeting, very understated.
    Wall Street is synthetic, slightly more artificial floral\cucumber concoction. I see no specific parallels.
    I don't get it either, and I agree with you that Millesime Imperial DOES not smell like Wall Street. They have their similarities but Bond No. 9 Wall Street is definitely not trying to be Millesime Imperial.
    Bond No. 9 uses high quality synthetics and I find many of them to smell very good and above all...they LAST! I personally could care less about natural ingredients, if it lasts for about 2 hours then it's not worth the money. Bond No. 9 has many worthwhile offers such as...
    New Haarlem
    Fire Island
    Chinatown
    Fashion Avenue
    Nouveau Bowery
    So New York
    Gramercy Park
    Wall Street
    Bleecker Street
    Eau De New York
    High Line
    West Side

They don't get enough love, I personally found more offerings from them I like than any other niche house. I like many other niches fragrances but not as nearly as much as the offerings from Bond. It's a tout of old school vs. new school. Creed is natural, lasts for a short period of time and has been around since 1760. Bond No. 9 aren't natural, last a long time, are relatively new and are made in the U.S.A.
    It seems like it would make sense that a lover of one of either of fragrance houses wouldn't like the other usually since they're almost polar opposites.

As far as Wall Street, I don't particularly care for it, I find Millesime Imperial better although, at least Wall Street lasts.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    i recently sampled Wall Street too. And like everything else Bond makes, it's a plasticky-synthetic, cheap rip-off of Creed. Yes, it lasts longer, unfortunately.

Unfathomable that a longtime MI wearer would find Wall Street even tolerable. It's a hideous knock-off.

There is possibly no frag house I have less respect for than Bond. There's more originality in Gap fragrance.
    I have no respect for them either they charge huge money for less than stellar products, the rip offs of creed are because the woman who created bond #9 was the former president of Creed. Diddy already knocked off MI so shame on bond trying to knock it off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I don't get it either, and I agree with you that Millesime Imperial DOES not smell like Wall Street. They have their similarities but Bond No. 9 Wall Street is definitely not trying to be Millesime Imperial.
    Bond No. 9 uses high quality synthetics and I find many of them to smell very good and above all...they LAST! I personally could care less about natural ingredients, if it lasts for about 2 hours then it's not worth the money. Bond No. 9 has many worthwhile offers such as...
    New Haarlem
    Fire Island
    Chinatown
    Fashion Avenue
    Nouveau Bowery
    So New York
    Gramercy Park
    Wall Street
    Bleecker Street
    Eau De New York
    High Line
    West Side

They don't get enough love, I personally found more offerings from them I like than any other niche house. I like many other niches fragrances but not as nearly as much as the offerings from Bond. It's a tout of old school vs. new school. Creed is natural, lasts for a short period of time and has been around since 1760. Bond No. 9 aren't natural, last a long time, are relatively new and are made in the U.S.A.
    It seems like it would make sense that a lover of one of either of fragrance houses wouldn't like the other usually since they're almost polar opposites.

As far as Wall Street, I don't particularly care for it, I find Millesime Imperial better although, at least Wall Street lasts.
    Sorry for the epic wall of text quote.

I couldn't agree more, very well said.

This is my favorite Bond scent!!! This is a scent that brings me many compliments, probably more than any other scent.....I do not get the Creed rip off at all.....I'm a Bond No.9 fan and have many that I will never be without.....I'll take Bond before Creed anytime!!!
    Gary

Must sniff my Bond scents again
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Synthetic, lower-caste MI.
    Unforgivable Multi-Platinum >Wall Street.

It probably needs some soft notes and a higher dose of lavender to make the formula more rounded but Wall Street features the best cucumber/sea kale notes in a frag.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Synthetic, lower-caste MI.
    Unforgivable Multi-Platinum >Wall Street.
    I agree with that. Multi-Platinum is a great scent. Unforgivable is rather flat and poorly made and MP seems well made and is a far better creation.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I find it funny/unfortunate that people continually mention how if it doesn't last, it's not worth the money. I've said this before, synthetics make something last. So I find it ironic, that many people associate strength and longevity with being worth money, when in all actuality they may be better indicators of what ISN'T worth the money. I own Wall Street, it's really a poor excuse for a shot at Millesime Imperial. Those that point out they aren't identical are right, it shares more with Erolfa, though it doesn't hold a candle to that either. It's unfortunate, they have clearly taken the ultra high-end market as their focus, but unlike others that they are competing against, have built a brand 100% behind image, and 0% behind the product. Yea Bleecker Street is good, but they have a massive stable of synthetic crap to make up for the couple of decent fragrances they have.

Edit: I too, at one point was a Bond fan, and was perplexed at all the hate thrown their way. As time went by, and it took a good year, of sampling more and more, I realized the joke was on me. I'm no longer blinded by the flashy bottles and marketing. I have little to no respect for them as a company or fragrance purveyor any more.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 29th April 2010 at 09:08 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Wall Street is far closer to Amouage Arcus than MI. Or rather, I should say Arcus is close to Wall Street, as Wall Street was released first.

I was prejudiced against Bond before even sniffing them because I had heard so many claims of them ripping off Creed but I have found that to be largely untrue. There are similarities in some of their frags w/ Creed, but that's primarily because they are creating the same style of fragrances as the newer Millesimes. I don't think the similarities are any more than you'd find between any two houses with this many scents and making this style of modern scent. Even when there are similarities, the two houses have a distinctly different feel.

Now, it's debatable if the Bonds are worth the money. For someone who enjoys modern frags but wants them to be stronger and with more natural openings (a lot of Bonds do seem to be 'top heavy' and have a bit lackluster dry downs, in my experience) they're a good choice. Stylistically they're not what most perfumistas are into and thus it doesn't surprise me at all that the house doesn't get much love here or in the perfume blogosphere. But for those who genuinely like modern mainstream offerings, this is a step up.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Wall Street features the best cucumber/sea kale notes in a frag.
    Yes, this is exactly what makes it so horrific.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Make some room for me on the Bond hatewagon. I purchased 5 samples (bon bons?) including New Haarlem and every single one fell far short of even mediocrity. Cooper Square? I wouldn't put that shit on my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    This is my favorite Bond scent!!! This is a scent that brings me many compliments, probably more than any other scent.....I do not get the Creed rip off at all.....I'm a Bond No.9 fan and have many that I will never be without.....I'll take Bond before Creed anytime!!!
    Gary
    I agree with you. I have and love - New Haarlem, Chez Bond, Great Jones and Silver Factory. I will probably pick up Nouveau Bowery soon. I can't name that many creeds I'd buy.

I find it interesting that the creed lovers slam Bond for originality, hideous bottles and prices. I don't find creed that original, the prices and bottle sizes ridiculous (some fragrances as small as 8.4 ozs!), and their lore of which celebrity wear their fragrances ridiculous. To each his own.
    Last edited by dmarino67; 5th December 2010 at 03:56 PM.

I think it more resembles Erolfa.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Make some room for me on the Bond hatewagon. I purchased 5 samples (bon bons?) including New Haarlem and every single one fell far short of even mediocrity. Cooper Square? I wouldn't put that shit on my dog.
    i recently got to sample a bunch of bonds and i feel the same way. i have not been impressed by a single one and i really dislike wall street. mi is a million times better.

Wall Street is one of my favorite all around fragrances.....One that brings me many compliments.....I can wear this any time and feel very comfortable about it's performance!!!
    I do like MI and Erolfa.....they just do not last on me at all.....MI has better lasting power on my skin than Erolfa.....It seems to me that Erolfa lasts about an hour!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Frankly, Wall Street smells absolutely NOTHING like Millesime Imperial.
    I concur. I actually like Wall Street, though I doubt I'd repurchase it due to the cost. I find it much less sweet than MI and as you said, with hints of cucumber ala Polo Blue (which I liked, but it had no staying power). MI is much more citrus and melon in tone to me.

I do not feel the connection between MI and Wall Street either.....I do feel that both are very nice.....and I do prefer Wall Street!!!
    Gary

I prefer a synthetic note than something that is obtained in an inhumane or unsustainable fashion. And, if it that makes the fragrance last longer than all the better. I have tried many of the niche frags (Creed, Tom Ford, Penhaligans, Clive Christian....my partner works at Saks) and Bond is by far my favorite.

Agree with earlier posts that Wall Street shares more with Erolfa, than MI.

However, I get a "fishy" note from my decant of Wall Street. Perhaps it's turned a bit?
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

For me there is no comparison. Creeds with all their faults are much better than any Bond fragrance. Just my opinion.

I don't care for Bond either. Great bottles and packaging, but that's what your paying for. New Haarlem is worth a buy, but outside of that I'd be hard pressed to spend that kind of money of a fragrance when I could get something vastly superior for the same price.

Not a huge fan of Wall Street.. MI on the other hand, I love. New Haarlem is the only fragrance I really like from Bond no.9 at this time.

Blog Entries

My biggest complaint with many expensive fragrances is that they don't last. I don't care who stole what or who smells like what house, or real vs. synthetic, if it smells good and lasts more than the commute to work, I like it. If I pay $80 and have to use 6 spritzes, reapplying every couple of hours, how is that better than 2 spritzes of $300 fragrance lasting all day?

Basenotes Junkie

Just cause Spanish says it better than English-Wall Street like MI-Nada que ver!!

Cucumber notes should have stayed in the 90's, This one is equally dreadful.

To begin with, Wall Street and MI do not smell alike. Not even in the same ballpark.

The only thing Wall Street has going for it is longevity, which most Bonds do -- Bond fragrances generally last a very long time. Unfortunately, it smells awful to me. I do not want to smell like a cucumber kale salad. If you do, this is the one for you.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

billy-madison.jpg

"Creed is betttta, it goes on first and cleans the haiiir"

"No, Bond is bettta, it leaves the hair silky and smooooth"

"Oh really fool?"

"Really?"

-----smash------

and end scene. Nothing more to see here.

I apologize in advance for the rant, but this needs to be said:

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I find it funny/unfortunate that people continually mention how if it doesn't last, it's not worth the money.
    I don't think it's funny at all. A scent is something you wear. Could you imagine a company selling clothes that lasted less and less because they cost more? That'd be crazy.

When buying a fragrance, we're paying for more than just a smell. We're paying for the ability to wear that smell. If I can't get more than a few hours of wear, I won't buy it regardless of how good it smells. Reapplying isn't the answer because it means starting over with the top notes. It also means stopping whatever you're doing so you can reapply your fragrance. I expect what I'm wearing to last through the evening. I'm not going to the restroom to swap jackets or change my pants. I expect a scent to last the evening as well. To suggest I shouldn't because the scent cost more is downright silly.

Please don't tell me you're foolish enough to believe there aren't any chemicals in your bottles of Creed. I'm not bashing Creed. I own Aventus and I love it, but I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't get good enough longevity. Paying more for less wear? THAT would be silly.