Code of Conduct

Default It's my birthday and I'll sniff if I want to!

Hey guys and gals!
    My birthday is coming up and I get to pick out one frag in the range of about 130~140 dollars and I need help deciding! My main choice was going to be Perfumes De Nicolai's Le Temps D'Une Fete. I have a few samples of things on the way, but this is not included in it. The reviews sound amazing of it, and I am presently on the hunt for everything green, it just sounds so perfect.

Anyway, if you can suggest anything better that I am missing out on, please let me know!! I am looking for anything green and floral, and I am not scared of the heavy indolic gardenia/jasmine/tuberose. I welcome that shit!

Thanks yo!
    I'm not your toy.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: It's my birthday and I'll sniff if I want to!

Take one of Les Exclusifs de Chanel;
    Bois des Îles, Cuir de Russie or
    Coromandel for example,
    good shit right there!

Goes for $175, though..!

I'd hesitate to blind buy anything priced that high. I don't believe that all high priced frags are going to be all that great to the average joe anyway. If you can sample first, than fine. Personally, I'd rather have two different frags in the 65-70 dollar range. That still allows you an incredible selection, and a bit of variety as well.

Really? Where do you get them for 175? I have only seen them for 200$!
    I'm not your toy.

Yeah, I haven't seen then under 250 bucks,
    but www.nstperfume.com listthem at 175,
    maybe that's what they cost at the Chanel Boutiques?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    Hey guys and gals!
    My main choice was going to be Perfumes De Nicolai's Le Temps D'Une Fete. I have a few samples of things on the way, but this is not included in it. The reviews sound amazing of it, and I am presently on the hunt for everything green, it just sounds so perfect.
    That's what I thought too, so I ordered a sample of it from TPC. As it turns out, I was not impressed with it at all and will definitely not buy it. I say this as a fellow lover of green scents. My advice is that you not blind-buy it.

See if you can find a tester for Guerlain's Chamade. If you like Chanel No. 19, you may like this one as well. Geoffrey Beene's Bowling Green is awesome also and very inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Take one of Les Exclusifs de Chanel;
    Bois des Îles, Cuir de Russie or
    Coromandel for example,
    good shit right there!

Goes for $175, though..!
    Bois des Iles is an aldehydic sandalwood, Cuir de Russie is a soft leather with iris, Coromandel is a chocolatey patchouli - retail is 200+.

The OP's request was for a recommendation for a green floral around USD 130 - 140.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Bois des Iles is an aldehydic sandalwood, Cuir de Russie is a soft leather with iris, Coromandel is a chocolatey patchouli - retail is 200+.

The OP's request was for a recommendation for a green floral around USD 130 - 140.
    Then a sample of Bel Respiro is in order. It is very nice.
    Evenstar

Some possible green florals you might like to sample Kinok - no guarantees but may be in the area you're after:

Diptique L'Ombre dans l'Eau
    Goutal Nimfeo Mio
    L'Artisan Fleur de Liane

These three lines might be worth looking into further if you have the chance, and I'd certainly recommend exploring the Nicolai line - some beautiful stuff there. Happy Birthday.

PS Will try Bel Respiro, Arwen - I was also going to second No. 19 as a possible recommendation but Les Exclusifs are USD 200 here and I suspect with duty another 15%+ elsewhere? Retail anyway . . .

Indolic is mentioned as okay in the OP so I'll add Lutens A La Nuit (jasmine) & Malle Carnal Flower (tuberose) as possibly worth looking at but from memory the Malle 50ml might also top the price range.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 29th April 2010 at 01:11 PM.

Have you tried Kenzo Power or Issey Miyake's A Scent? Both very green and floral, albeit cheaper than what you had in mind.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Kinok,
    Mr. Reasonable beat me to a Diptyque suggestion when he lists L'Ombre dans l'Eau, so I've got to second him on that--green and roses, heavier to the roses than the green, but it's a potion of the gods I think.

But I'll suggest another Diptyque and hope Jrd4t will second me on it. See if you can check out Ofresia. One of the greatest of field of green and deep wonderful fresia for floral. A tender and protected favorite of mine. I seldom wear it because I always want it to knock me flat like it does (I mean I never want to get used to it and take it for granted).

Whatever you get will be a fantastic birthday present for sure.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Dependent

Have you sampled NR for Him? Vegetal, earthy, with some florals. I think it retails at a very reasonable price too!

+1 Mr. R's A La Nuit suggestion.

Birthday wishes in advance, and I hope you find what you're seeking.
    Last edited by MFJ; 29th April 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post

Excusé moi ... I know Kinok, and know his taste,
    therefor I suggested the ones I did.
    Kinok Baby, you have too much green stuff as it is

I can never have too much green though! I still love you, even if you hate my tastes in green! Bwhaha! We still share a love of poison, so it makes up for it, no?

Anyway thanks for the suggestions guys! You always come through with so many things to try. One more question though, I have looked at a few of Diptyque's offerings but how is longevity? I feel like I could go through 50 ML of a Eau de Toilette pretty quick, but I do know quite a few EDT who last for ages.

Edit: Oh I just read A La Nuit and I was actually reading about that today and it sounds pretty good too. I have this vision in my head of walking along at night and having a spring breeze waft some heady florals along my way. Roar! Sounds good. I was also looking at Drama Nuui by Perfumerie Generale, I have Tubereuse Couture by them and that one sounds good too, but a lot like A La Nuit.

P.S. Did anyone notice PG's prices have been slightly dropped at Luckyscent? I paid like 130$ for TC and now its 105...go figure.
    Last edited by Kinok; 29th April 2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Sillyness
    I'm not your toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    Anyway thanks for the suggestions guys! You always come through with so many things to try. One more question though, I have looked at a few of Diptyque's offerings but how is longevity? I feel like I could go through 50 ML of a Eau de Toilette pretty quick, but I do know quite a few EDT who last for ages.
    L'Ombre dans L'Eau should still be noticeable at the end of a normal workday. I haven't worn it often, but I don't recall being disappointed with its longevity or getting tired of its persistence.

I'll second Chanel No. 19, of course, and add another floral green scent - the reformulated Bandit EdP.

I highly recommend d'Orsays Tilleul!
    One of the best green floral garden scents I have come across.

Green and indolic florals? You really can't go wrong with the hevaenly Amoureuse, by Parfums DelRae, the most beautiful green floral I know. The top notes are a balance of tangerine, cardamon, and tuberose before the tuberose carries on into deeply green and mossy territory in the heart and base.

Edit: Which you already own. Serves me right for not taking a peak at your wardrobe.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 29th April 2010 at 11:43 PM.