Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bond No. 9

Default Re: Bond No. 9 and Plagiarism

I'm sure Bond is aware (And probably doesn't mind). I had a funny encounter with a Harrods Sales Rep when I was in London.

N4S: "Oh Chez Bond, thats a bit like GIT right?"
    Bond Sales rep: "No! All of our fragrances are 100% Original and unique, this is nothing like what you have smelled before and definitely nothing like creed"
    N4S: "uhh yeahhh, I'm going to pass and walk this way..."

Seriously? Is it that bad that I made a comparison?
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: Bond No. 9: An End to Peace on Earth and Don't Go Down by My Riverside

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Bond is tacky and stupid.
    Or at least they're acting that way.

[QUOTE=Neil4Speed;2678141]I'm sure Bond is aware (And probably doesn't mind). I had a funny encounter with a Harrods Sales Rep when I was in London.

Bond Sales rep: "No! All of our fragrances are 100% Original and unique, this is nothing like what you have smelled before and definitely nothing like creed"

Don't worry about it, the Bond SA's are all briefed in what to say -- they seem kinda brainwashed sometimes -- indifferent to any criticism.

We are getting close to the field of thought (well not really)about fake paintings, i.e. if the fake is very hard to prove, why doesn't it cost the same as the real version (apart from the original idea of course). You are paying for it to be by Titian and not Fred Smith -- but technically they are indistinguishable. Not relevant, but interesting.

Bond # 9 is a business enterprise first and foremost, so they threw in some copies of scents that were bestsellers anyway and dabble occasionally in new ideas. Prices are ridiculous though.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    No they are not that different, NY oud is more animalic but to everyone I know, they seem to smell virtually similar. Both share the same synthetic Rose and Oud note coupled with patchouli and musk.
    I see a similarity, but nothing more. To me they are executed very differently. Both nice, but NY Oud is far more wearable IMO.

Also Wall Street is similar to MI, but nowhere near a knockoff. Both horrible concoctions anyway. (Do you want saltwater, bleach and lemon, or saltwater, bleach and cucumber?)

I thing Riverside Drive is a rip of Abercrombe & Fitch Fierce.

At least Bond No. 9 stuff lasts forever. I hate their bottles though - the plastic top squeaks when you take it off giving the whole thing a cheap carnival prize feel to it.
    Last edited by dougczar; 28th August 2012 at 02:52 PM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Too expensive (for my taste) and dislike most of their bottles, hence I've never bothered to try any of their products. The other issues wouldn't bother me too much, I think.

Basenotes Junkie

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really don't understand all the hate for Bond.

As others have said, there are many, MANY houses that have copied other frags, and for some reason Bond is the only fiercely hated one for doing it...and, Hello people, you are always saying that they put out a ton of frags, and out of their "tons" of frags there is only a handful that are always put into the plagiarism category. So, that means that maybe 6 out of their 7,000 frags are copies...hmm, that doesn't make it seem like all they do is plagiarize now does it? (by the way, I know they don't have 7,000...I just went for an absurd number)

And, lastly...if they are copies then why don't they deserve the price tag? I will never understand why people think that some of their frags smell "almost exactly" like other frags but only have slight differences. Then they go on to say that they have monster sillage and longevity, but aren't worthy of the high price tag because the quality just isn't there. That seems a little ironic that they smell just like another frag, last a lot longer, and have better sillage, BUT they aren't worth the price tag of the frag that they are "copying". Seems like they should be worth more by that description.

I'm a big Bond no 9 fan...and, man am I not ashamed to admit it. They have many great frags that last and last. I won't stop liking them because it's not popular to like them here on Basenotes. If I think a fragrance smells great, no matter the name brand, then I'll get it. I just don't think they should be punished for doing the same thing as just about any other house out there.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I'm sure Bond is aware (And probably doesn't mind). I had a funny encounter with a Harrods Sales Rep when I was in London.

N4S: "uhh yeahhh, I'm going to pass and walk this way..."

Seriously? Is it that bad that I made a comparison?
    Pure comedy right there. Seriously, everytime I talk to a Bond sales rep, I always get an attitude, or at least a self-righteous sense of uptight bitchiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really don't understand all the hate for Bond.

As others have said, there are many, MANY houses that have copied other frags, and for some reason Bond is the only fiercely hated one for doing it...and, Hello people, you are always saying that they put out a ton of frags, and out of their "tons" of frags there is only a handful that are always put into the plagiarism category. So, that means that maybe 6 out of their 7,000 frags are copies...hmm, that doesn't make it seem like all they do is plagiarize now does it? (by the way, I know they don't have 7,000...I just went for an absurd number)

And, lastly...if they are copies then why don't they deserve the price tag? I will never understand why people think that some of their frags smell "almost exactly" like other frags but only have slight differences. Then they go on to say that they have monster sillage and longevity, but aren't worthy of the high price tag because the quality just isn't there. That seems a little ironic that they smell just like another frag, last a lot longer, and have better sillage, BUT they aren't worth the price tag of the frag that they are "copying". Seems like they should be worth more by that description.

I'm a big Bond no 9 fan...and, man am I not ashamed to admit it. They have many great frags that last and last. I won't stop liking them because it's not popular to like them here on Basenotes. If I think a fragrance smells great, no matter the name brand, then I'll get it. I just don't think they should be punished for doing the same thing as just about any other house out there.
    I'm not going to take any points off Bond's fragrances for being similar to other fragrances, but I will if the quality is well below the caliber I expect from its price range.

Never been interested in Bond no.9 scents.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Most of the hatred is not from "similarities" It is from.... Whenever you have a 'loud in your face monster sillage' frag, there will be LOVERS and HATERS!! Nice safe frag. houses like Penhaligon or YSL don't have many HATERS b/c for the most part they are tame and well behaved. I like WILD occasionally, but most Bond's are too "plastic" for me. As in a previous post, I discussed the difference between HATE and "not for me..." I used to click "DISLIKE" every frag. I wouldn't wear, until I learned that I can appreciate a frag without wearing it.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post

+1. I could go the rest of my life wearing nothing but Bond No. 9 fragrances. Well, Bond No.9 and by Kilian. And occasionally Creed... And I am a Mugler and Chanel fan too, so I need those... and Tom Ford - almost forgot... and...

Anyway, Bond No.9 is possibly at the top of the heap for me. A lot of haters. Let them hate. A lot of things I hate other people love. It's good we don't all like the same stuff.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche