Code of Conduct

Default Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

Worn it today, in a breezy, not hot not cold day. Wonderful. Not a GIT nor a Windsor, surely, more something I like to wear occasionally for my own discreet pleasure, not for compliments, knowing there's no classier, more elegant rendition of lavender on Earth. Miles from the relatively harsh effect of the average lavender oil.

Pour un Homme by Caron, the epitomal lavender cologne, seems to use a similarly understated lavender. I prefer RSL, but only by little.

Default Re: Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

RSL is very nicely done. I just wrestle with the longevity. But for about four hours, it makes me feel pretty royal.

Quite fond of RSL myself. An acquired taste, too. The first few times I sniffed it I wasn't too impressed. It grew on me. I think the trick is getting a good, fresh bottle of it, and storing it properly to keep it fresh.

I am also fond of Roger Gallet Lavande Royale. It's light, simple, very nice. But like many lavenders - maybe all lavenders - if it's not fresh, beware.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 29th April 2010 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    RSL is very nicely done. I just wrestle with the longevity. But for about four hours, it makes me feel pretty royal.
    Four hours with a heavenly smell is a blissful eternity. Nobody sane would want to be part of the royalty longer than that ( :. (Citrus Bigarrade, even more radically, lasts about 20, sorry 12 minutes, and it's still worth it.)

On the other hand, many fragrances last 12 to 24 hours, and one is also experiencing the feeling of eternity with them, but not in the same blissful way (-:.

But then you knew all that (-:.
    Last edited by Addict; 29th April 2010 at 04:53 AM.