Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cool Re: What Is YourFB Fantasy Wardrobe?

I've got to admit I love the way our Hillaire dreams

My fantasy:

1. Every vintage formula that scentemental has ever mentioned ( where the hell does he find them, anyway?)

2. The original versions of Blenheim and Hamman Bouquets which Luca Turin wrote would be impossible to manufacture today due to price
    ( I doubt that even scentemental has the 100 year old formula juice for these two)

3. My basic humble wishlist: http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/30&t=wishlist&p=1&s=n

4. The best mysore sandalwood ever made.

Plus Windsor, Feuille Verte--and whatever Oliver made for The Pope.---Perhaps I could send Creed a blackmail note threatening to reveal the location of their secret salt lake (guarded by mutant civet felines) where they harvest ambergris from whales, unless they deliver these juices to my doorstep forthwith!

Yes . . .Those should keep me happy for a while . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: What Is YourFB Fantasy Wardrobe?

I am absolutely Actiasluna + 1!!!

Some people with this 'hobby' have already described it, I see it as the only way to know the past & present (and with futuristic creations, the future).
    My idea is that fragrance is the most intense experience we can have as humans, so there is no more intense way to experience all times than through fragrance. Therefor I also would like to own everything that was ever made. Of course, I would not like everything the same, but I am just curious about a production that somebody put in hard time work and energy to think it valuable to put in a bottle.

Being part of communities like these make that DREAM more possible than ever, there are SOOOO many perfumes, impossible to buy them all, and knowing there are sooo many produced AS WE SPEAK!

But I surely see an emancipation of this profession. Now, more than ever, are the NOSES becoming the stars instead of the producers (enablers).
    When I read the Avantgarde I read an interview with Kurdijan himself! And he being ambitious enough to create an own line like that.

Us knowing noses is something of this time too, again thanks to communities like this. The personnel in stores do not even know what a nose is so to speak!

Good luck!
    Bookshop

I would build a climate controlled room for my fragrances.

I would get a BIG bedroom where i could have a dresser where I could display the fragrances I currently wear.

I would pay a trustworthy and skilled person who could search for good vintage bottles of the classics on the internet and elsewhere and buy them for me.

I would buy the parfum of Shem-el-Nessim and Phul-Nana.

I would buy all Nicola´ perfumes, also the intense versions.

I have never yet tried an Amouage perfume, but I'm so rich you know, I don't have to get samples, I can buy all of them in full beautiful bottles.

I would buy Fleurissimo and definitely try out the Creeds to find out if there are more Creed fragrances I like.

Much more I can't say. I don't know enough. But Im sure that I would try out the Malle perfumes, the Ormonde Jayne perfumes, the Penhaligon's and Andy Tauer Perfumes. I also would try out the Guerlain and Chanel exclusives.

I also starting thinking about my wardrobe as an investment, like a bank account + interest. I have not yet sold a perfume, but when I see how expensive some perfumes get when they are discontinued. I had a large bottle Accenti when I bought it 7 years ago for a sale price, and look at it now! Another example, when Palazzo was discontinued I bought it on 'sale' in the city centre of Dublin. Look at it now! All the summer Escada's, extremely expensive. But I was thinking of saving all my perfumes and whatever I cannot use I'll give to my son when he gets older. By then so many will be discontinued or vintage formula's. This way I do not feel guilty anymore about buying :-)
    The only problem is.....storage!!
    Bookshop
    Last edited by bookshop88; 1st May 2010 at 04:13 PM.

Ooh, Novis2007, I definitely resonated with your climate controlled room, big bedroom, and personal perfume scout scenario!

What about this for a fantasy, Hillaire: ringside seats for the creation of new scents by all of your favorite noses and/or houses -- as early on in the process as you desire all the way to the launch of the finished product???????

Leesee... I love the way you think!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Thanks, actiasluna -- but I'm just trying to keep up!
    Last edited by Leesee; 2nd May 2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: typo

Hillaire

Oh yes, Leesee!

I would be something of a perfume-world "taste maker" -- a grande dame-type, who is known and revered worldwide and has total carte blanche to pop in on perfumers at work and guide their progress... but not a hard-working writer like Burr or Turin... more like a fragrance-oriented Diana Vreeland: I would have to do little more than be occasionally quotable and undeniably "fabulous".
    Last edited by Hillaire; 2nd May 2010 at 04:42 AM.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by bookshop88 View Post
    I also starting thinking about my wardrobe as an investment, like a bank account + interest. I have not yet sold a perfume, but when I see how expensive some perfumes get when they are discontinued. I had a large bottle Accenti when I bought it 7 years ago for a sale price, and look at it now! Another example, when Palazzo was discontinued I bought it on 'sale' in the city centre of Dublin. Look at it now! All the summer Escada's, extremely expensive. But I was thinking of saving all my perfumes and whatever I cannot use I'll give to my son when he gets older. By then so many will be discontinued or vintage formula's. This way I do not feel guilty anymore about buying :-)
    The only problem is.....storage!!
    Bookshop
    Bookshop, I know what you mean. I take great consolation in the growing value of many of my more collectible scents.

Moreover, I consider myself a fairly informed informed collector, and I think I make wise and shrewd decisions most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I would be something of a perfume-world "taste maker" -- a grande dame-type, who is known and revered worldwide and has total carte blanche to pop in on perfumers' at work and guide their progress... I would have to do little more than be occasionally quotable and undeniably "fabulous".
    I want that job. Do you think the world could stand TWO of us?
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Novis2007 View Post
    I would build a climate controlled room for my fragrances.

I would get a BIG bedroom where i could have a dresser where I could display the fragrances I currently wear.

I'd get a big nuclear bunker (absolutely, it has to have radiation protection... wars are not the same anymore ourdays ) under the country-side house that I already have.A bunker is a serious project. Keeping it always ready it a quyite big task too. Need to get rich first.

is there any of you who has a bunker?
    Last edited by w3pearl; 2nd May 2010 at 07:04 AM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Bookshop, I know what you mean. I take great consolation in the growing value of many of my more collectible scents.

Moreover, I consider myself a fairly informed informed collector, and I think I make wise and shrewd decisions most of the time...
    I never thought of you any different than this shrewd decision maker, that gets the best deals at the right moment in time! Can you imagine, what the worth of your collection will be when you are a grandma and your grandchildren look at the bottles from ages ago? I would like to leave that a 100 times more happily, than just plain cash on the bank.

BUT, whatever is used up until that time was for me and me only, so I do not save for the future, we are talking about the liquid that I was not able to use, because of shortage in time! HAHA!!
    Last edited by bookshop88; 2nd May 2010 at 08:16 AM.

Something like this

only in a more safe environment
    Last edited by Nausicań; 2nd May 2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: fixing image

"What about this for a fantasy, Hillaire: ringside seats for the creation of new scents by all of your favorite noses and/or houses -- as early on in the process as you desire all the way to the launch of the finished product???????"

Oh Leesee this reminds me that I of course also will take courses in notes and perfume ingredients, not to be able to create my own scents but to know more about perfume. I don't have to work if I don't want to when I'm so rich so I will have lots of time to do that.

Oh, yikes. I really don't know. It could go two ways for me: either *everything* I remotely like should be included, or only the best of the best of the best. And I'm damn picky, so the second option would give me headaches.

Sandalwoods: Diptyque Tam Dao, Ava Luxe No 23, Dior Bois d'Argent
    Incenses: CdG Avignon, Ourzazate, Profvmvm Olibanum, Creed AngÚlique Encens
    Resins/Orientals: Diptyque Eau Lente, SL Chergui, SL Borneo 1834, MPG Or des Indes, Cotsume National 21
    Ambers: Ambre NarguilÚ, SL Ambre Sultan, PDE Ambre Russe
    Iris: TDC Bois d'Iris
    Heliotrope/Sun tan lotion: Jil Sander Sun, L'Heure Bleue
    Lily: SL Un Lys, Hermes Vanille Galante, Ava Luxe Madonna Lily
    Musk: Kiehl's Musk, Reminiscence Musc
    Neroli: MdO Jabu, L'Occitane Neroli EDP (vintage), Profvmvm Neroli
    Eaux/Hesperidic: Diptyque L'Eau de NÚroli, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Guerlain Cologne du 68, cKone
    Green: Philosykos, Lanc˘me Climat
    Gourmand: L'Artisan Safran Troublant & Bois Farine, PG Aomassai 10
    Other: Etro Anice, Il Profvmo Touaregh, Helmut Lang Anvers 2, Diptyque OyÚdo, L'Artisan Dzing!
    Blind Buys: ELdO Like This, Satellite Padparadscha, AG Mandragore Pourpre (square bottle) and a Nasomatto. Don't care much if it's Absinth or Silver Musk or China White, I just want one of them purty bottles. And CdG Stephen Jones, for the same reasons.

I think me and those bottles would get on very well indeed.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 2nd May 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Forgot one or two. Or three.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

What a fun thread-and subject of many daydreams I've had!

I'm sure I would change some ot these decisions after more testing, but here goes (with some blind buys thrown in):

Montale: Aoud Rose Petals, Aoud Damascus, Roses Musk, Attar, Intense Tiare, Royal Aoud, Red Aoud, Aoud Blossom, Aoud Velvet and Aoud Red Flowers
    Accenti by Gucci
    Privet Bloom EDP by Hampton Sun
    Padparadscha by Satellite
    Intelligence & Fantasy by A Beautiful Mind Series
    Ambre Narguile, Osmanthe Yunnan, 24 Faubourg Eau Delicate, Hiris by Hermes
    Tango by Aftelier
    Chergui, Fleur d'Oranger and something else by Serge Lutens...maybe Datura Noir
    Antico Caruso, Dambrosia, Fiori D'Ambra by Profumum Roma...Alba, Ninfea and Acqua di Sale too maybe...
    Angeliques Sous La Pluie, Carnal Flower and En Passant by Frederic Malle
    Lyric Woman, Lyric Man, Ubar and Dia by Amouage
    Fleur de Narcisse, Passage d'Enfer, Piment Brulant and Bois Farine by L'Artisan
    Spiriteuse Double Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, Angelique Noire, Vol de Nuit Parfum, Mitsouko vintage parfum and Champs-Elysees parfum by Guerlain...plus Aqua Allegoria Angelique Lilas, Tiare Mimosa, Foliflora and Grosellina
    Dead Sexy by Tokyo Milk-make that the rest of the line too as a blind buy!
    Style by Jil Sander
    Passionfruit Jasmine Pepper Guiac Wood by Korres
    Palazzo EDT and EDP by Fendi
    Rosa Flamenca, Rose d'Ete, Ecume de Rose and Rose Kashmiri by Parfums de Rosine...Une Rose Au Bord de La Mer also
    Everything by Parfums MDCI
    Infusion D'Iris by Prada
    Eau Parfumee au The Rouge and The Blanc by Bvlgari
    4711 Original Eau de Cologne Meulhens
    The whole Jardins de France line
    Maybe something from Acqua di Parma
    The whole Vero Profumo line
    Most of Penhaligon's line
    Most of Diptyque's line
    Giselle Parfum by Carla Fracci
    Safi EDP
    Alien Liqueur de Parfum
    Everything by Nicolas Danila and Ramon Molzivar (even though I don't like Arabian Gardens and don't usually buy for pretty bottles)
    testers of everything by Ayala Moriel
    Last edited by kastehelmi; 7th May 2010 at 03:10 AM.

PS SIC, I'm not using typeit now, so I'm ignoring accents...