Code of Conduct

Default Bond Harrods - Swarovski

When I travel, I usually grab from my selection of samples for ease. And recently I took from my Bond stash. Just tried the Harrods Swarovski Edition. Is anyone familiar with this? I had tried the regular Harrods for Men. I don't really recall it, so maybe it just didn't impress. But this one I seem to like quite a bit. But I notice on the Bond website, this has a jacked up price - limited edition, etc., etc.

Anyone have any info.?

Default Re: Bond Harrods - Swarovski

I thought bottle is only thing diff.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

I haven't tried myself, but it is in fact a different scent. When it first came out, you could only get it as Swarovski with the jacked up price, but it appears they've released it in a regular bottle for the same price as their Signature Perfume. Still no bargain, though I did bite the bullet and get the GF Perfume for her b-day.

From the notes, I'm definitely interested in trying it. Bond doesn't tend to make way off the wall scents, so I'm curious to smell their take on these traditionally natural, earthy notes.

Regular:
    http://www.bondno9.com/shop/eau-de-p...or-him-and-her

and Limited Edition:
    http://www.bondno9.com/shop/limited-...imited-edition
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

The Bond Harrods for him is really very ordinary indeed. They'd need to put Swarovski on the bottle to give it some sales appeal if you ask me.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    The Bond Harrods for him is really very ordinary indeed. They'd need to put Swarovski on the bottle to give it some sales appeal if you ask me.
    Do you mean the regular Harrods (I agree - very ordinary), or the limited edition oud/amber/myrrh one (I haven't tried this one)?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I've tried the Harrods limited edition thanks to a fellow basenoter. I like it and have almost bought it twice. It is different than the regular Harrods for men and quite a departure for Bond if you ask me. To my nose it smells like the oud in Kilians Oud it's like that minus the safron. Another reference would be the oud in Tom ford Oud Wood minus the smoke. For me the dry down is mostly vetiver. I suspect some people might not care for the cumin which is noticable. I didn't pick up on the myrh. Overall it's quite strong and and has plently of sillage. The only thing that's stoppng me is the ridiculous price tag and the fact that I already own two very similar scents.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I've tried the Harrods limited edition thanks to a fellow basenoter. I like it and have almost bought it twice. It is different than the regular Harrods for men and quite a departure for Bond if you ask me. To my nose it smells like the oud in Kilians Oud it's like that minus the safron. Another reference would be the oud in Tom ford Oud Wood minus the smoke. For me the dry down is mostly vetiver. I suspect some people might not care for the cumin which is noticable. I didn't pick up on the myrh. Overall it's quite strong and and has plently of sillage. The only thing that's stoppng me is the ridiculous price tag and the fact that I already own two very similar scents.
    I agree. It is very nice and quite a departure from other Bond fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Do you mean the regular Harrods (I agree - very ordinary), or the limited edition oud/amber/myrrh one (I haven't tried this one)?
    Definitely the regular Harrods, which is really just like someone has hurriedly put a clichéd fragrance together and stuck it out with the Harrods brand name on it.

A fair few Bond fragrances seem to be a bit hasty if you ask me - take Brooklyn for example, which, although pleasant is by no means exceptional and especially not worth the premium rates demanded for buying Bond No 9.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Right, Futami. Also, if I am not mistaken, it's only available in the larger bottle. If there was a 1.7 oz option.......

I even called to see if I could buy 30ml or one of their travel bon bons of Harrods Limited Ed. but I was told it was only sold in the 100ml bottle. Quite frankly I think that the bottle is horrid, the ugliest to date if you ask me. You never know maybe eventually they'll come out with a 50ml bottle. At one time Silver Factory was only sold in the 100ml.

Now thinking about it the part I really like is the woody note. That aspect is gone in under two hours for me leaving mostly vetiver in it's wake. For the price I think I probably pick up some real oud oil like KSSS.
    Last edited by Futami; 4th May 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Clarity

Basenotes Institution

I have been wearing this more and more, in fact I took my large decant with me to New York last weekend and ended up wearing it a bunch of times, in the cool weather there.

I love it. It is dry, dry, dry and that sour/skanky oud note is mixed wonderfully with just a touch of spice and wood. It gives off just enough scent (even hours after application) so that people notice it (I got a couple of compliments when I wore it) but not too much to weird out people with the smell of oud.

It is not a smooth fragrance, yet the intrinsic harshness of it is distilled in a soft way (hope that makes sense).

It is fast becoming my new go-to-oud scent, much more so than my Black Aoud which sometimes can overstay it's welcome. But don't let it fool you. Just because I find it easy to wear, does not mean this is not a serious oud fragrance, because it is. It plays with the big boys, quite well. There is something in the citric/sourness that smells a tiny bit like body odor, but it is just a whisper and not at all offensive. In fact, I find this whiff of sweaty armpit extremely sexy.

I am so not a Bond No. 9 fan boy, but I can't sing the praises of this enough. Now I just have to figure out when I can get a full bottle.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Calling SoS !

This was at a Swarovski store for a short time near me. I was there today and the limited edt was gone already. It was fantastic from the blotter. I had already visited Barneys that day and had a few other scents on at the time so I could not give it a wear. It was worth the pruchase IMO, but I do not need the Swarovski bottle, nor the ticket price.

Now this is funny ...

I find this whiff of sweaty armpit extremely sexy.

This is the second time I have sprayed this on from a small decant I received a few days ago. And it's the second time it has reminded me somewhat of H.O.T. Always. Anyone else? I'm starting to become paranoid I have recieved H.O.T Always by mistake.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

This is a great scent. Probably it will work better in winter for most people but it is not nearly as heavy as many masculine leather scents that get worn all year round. I think it is my favorite masculine oud blended perfume scent. It bears no resemblence to Bond Harrods for Him, Bond Signature Edition or New York Oud - all are claiming to have oud also. Bond sells the Harrods Limited Edition on the website under the same heading as Harrods Swarovski Limited Edition. The Swarovski bottle is $600+ but you can purchase the same bottle without the swarovski crystals glued onto the bottle for about half price - $300+ - still costly. This decrystalized, less expensive version of Harrods Limited Edition is located in the pulldown menu of the Swarovski version, as an option you can select. It took me a little while to locate it on their website. It is almost like it is meant to be hidden. But it is worth being found, in my opinion.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    This is the second time I have sprayed this on from a small decant I received a few days ago. And it's the second time it has reminded me somewhat of H.O.T. Always. Anyone else? I'm starting to become paranoid I have recieved H.O.T Always by mistake.
    IMO H.O.T. Always is a sharp, patchouli bomb. I smell no patchouli in the Harrod's Oud.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    IMO H.O.T. Always is a sharp, patchouli bomb. I smell no patchouli in the Harrod's Oud.
    How much oud do you get from Harrods Oud?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Basenotes Institution

How much oud do you get from Harrods Oud?
    It definitely smells like certain types of real oud I've smelled. It doesn't have that same medicinal (Band-Aid) oud that Montale uses, nor does it smell barnyard/animalic. But there is a clear dry, sour, almost mildew-ish oud note that reminds me of the drydown of real ouds. The same accord can be smelled in Al Oudh by L' Artisan Parfumeur and Pure Oud by By Kilian. It's also in Oud 27 by Le Labo, but the LL is so over-the-top urinous and fecal, it doesn't let up and it turns out to wear disgustingly IMO. The BN9 stops just short of this, and blends it with the right amount of cumin and a satisfying vetiver base note (and probably some Iso-E Super too, if I had to guess).

-- Eckhart Tolle

Yeah I dont see any similarities between them. HOT's opening should be cinnamon and dry down to leather if I remember correctly.

On a side note I FINALLY have Harrods Limited edition Oud in my collection thanks to an awesome Basenoter. Since I simply refused to pay retail I had been after this one for a while. Hurray for me! lol

Basenotes Institution

...On a side note I FINALLY have Harrods Limited edition Oud in my collection thanks to an awesome Basenoter. Since I simply refused to pay retail I had been after this one for a while. Hurray for me! lol
    Oh I remember you and I discussing your interest in this - good for you!

-- Eckhart Tolle