Code of Conduct

Default Worth Pour Homme: any fans of the current version?

I love Worth Pour Homme. I have what I've assumed is the reformulated version:

I find this to be a great leathery fougere, extremely discreet, from the old school. However, lots of members here seem to hate it because it apparently smells nothing like the original version, which I have never smelled. I guess ignorance is bliss for me.

Am I the only fan here of this?

Default Re: Worth Pour Homme: any fans of the current version?

Hi Shamu, I saw this in your SOTD post and checked out the reviews and - 'hey presto' - you again!! Your brand new review intrigued me all the more so I went on Ebay and it's there for £12.50 ($19.00) - exactly the same as your photo.

You are obviously enthusiastic about it and as I've found some great things via your reviews and posts (the mighty Azzaro PH to name but one) I'm really intrigued too. What is the sillage / longevity like? You've called it 'discreet' but can you smell it on yourself in the same way that Azzaro PH stays close to the skin but you are always aware of it?

Last edited by Bartlebooth; 29th April 2010 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Hi Shamu, I saw this in your SOTD post and checked out the reviews and - 'hey presto' - you again!! Your brand new review intrigued me all the more so I went on Ebay and it's there for £12.50 ($19.00) - exactly the same as your photo.

You are obviously enthusiastic about it and as I've found some great things via your reviews and posts (the mighty Azzaro PH to name but one) I'm really intrigued too. What is the sillage / longevity like? You've called it 'discreet' but can you smell it on yourself in the same way that Azzaro PH stays close to the skin but you are always aware of it?
    Hi Derbyman, I wrote my review several months ago, but revised it a bit last night. The longevity is very good, but the sillage is weak. Unless I spray my whole upper body with it, it's hard to smell on myself. This is one of the few scents I actually spray on my neck, so I can smell it. It's discreet because it does not project far; only people standing close to you or those you walk by will be able to smell it. That being said, the sillage is fine with me. It's so old school, you don't want to be blasting people out of the room with it anyway - that wouldn't be very old school, would it? Also, although the sillage is subtle, the scent lasts on me for at least 8 hours, usually more. It retains the same level of sillage for that amount of time, which is impressive. I love it.

BTW, to answer your other question: Azzaro Pour Homme is like an atomic bomb sillage-wise compared to Worth.

Thanks shamu - I've never been sure just how far Azzaro PH projects - I can always smell it on myself from the minute of application to getting a shower the next morning! The longevity is amazing but I've always felt it stays close to the skin projecting a couple of feet at the most. Maybe I've been making people's eyes water without realising it!! Like you, I'm not concerned with pumping out clouds of sillage but I'm always disappointed when something smells great but only lasts a few hours before fading into nothingness.

I'm more tempted than ever by the Worth though....I'll have to give it some thought..!

If it inspires you more, I have had my wife tell me that she can smell it on me even when it smells faint to me. Don't worry about it fading into nothingness in a few hours - it lasts all day, just kind of quietly. The key is application. I spray the hell out of it.

Hey, I held off answering this until I was at home. I wanted to check my bottle. I have what is pictured, box- and bottle-wise.
    I think what I have is, as shamu1 said, a marvelous leathery fougere. Hints of spice and leather on a mossy base.
    Maybe the older version was more powerful -- so be it. I am not a big fan of leather so this one suits me fine.
    On me, it has incredible longevity. I have no interest in sillage -- perhaps it projects to others. It certainly projects quite enough to me.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Sham, I will try this. I mentioned in Our powerhouse Group forum I don't remember wearing this (though I might have) besides I enjoy ALMOST every scent that You do

Well, that makes one other fan so far, and two more who I expect will soon be fans of this great frag.

Ody, I enjoyed reading your review of Worth, and I suspected you were reviewing the current version, since most of what you described is what I'm smelling.

Seasoldiermarine, I'm sure you're going to love Worth, since I know you're a fougere fan. This is no aromatic fougere - this is a real fougere in the style of Patrick, Canoe, Wild Fern, etc.. Think of it like Paco Rabanne PH with leather and much lighter sillage. Inexpensive too - I bought my 3.4 for like $22 or something about a year ago online.

I've never smelt it in any version, but an indie chemist local to me has a sizeable cache of keenly priced vintage frags and amongst them is an old bottle of Worth. I've been umming and ahhing about it for months but have never pulled the trigger (it's still sealed and the shop owner is, understandably, not keen to crack it open for a test).

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Maybe the older version was more powerful -- so be it.
    Those are my thoughts exactly. I generally don't get bent out of shape over reformulations, as long as they smell good.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Well, that makes one other fan so far, and two more who I expect will soon be fans of this great frag.

Ody, I enjoyed reading your review of Worth, and I suspected you were reviewing the current version, since most of what you described is what I'm smelling.

Seasoldiermarine, I'm sure you're going to love Worth, since I know you're a fougere fan. This is no aromatic fougere - this is a real fougere in the style of Patrick, Canoe, Wild Fern, etc.. Think of it like Paco Rabanne PH with leather and much lighter sillage. Inexpensive too - I bought my 3.4 for like $22 or something about a year ago online.
    Shamu1,
    you said Patrick? Could you enlighten me - is Patrichs by Faberge just a clone of it?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Shamu1,
    you said Patrick? Could you enlighten me - is Patrichs by Faberge just a clone of it?
    I'm not shamu but I can also enlighten. Patrick is by Scents of Ireland (or something like that). It is a very nice, mossy and light wood scent. It has no connection to Faberge.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Shamu1,
    Odyssesusm is right - the Patrick I was talking about is not by Faberge. The company that makes it is called Fragrances of Ireland. Patrick is a woody fougere. I think it smells a lot like Worth PH. I don't own a bottle of Patrick, but I plan on buying one soon. I'm so glad there are companies that still make good old fashioned fougeres like this - they're not exactly the biggest rage right now.

Amen Sham, Amen

If you don't mind, I would like to add to the conversation...I love Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland and I just purchased Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration. Patrick is very woody and herbaceous and am excited and anxious to receive WPH-HC. Patrick has very good sillage and above average longevity...I really do like it a lot, very masculine cologne.

I too finally bought a bottle of Patrick a few months ago. It is a stunning fragrance - quite complex, dry, discreet and totally natural smelling. One of the best classical fougeres I've ever smelled.

I still slightly prefer Worth Pour Homme, simply because of its more leathery characterl. Worth PH is in my all time Top Ten favorites.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Blog Entries

Is Patrick suitable on a younger person like myself? Does it have a pleasant scent? I haven't had the chance to smell it before.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I think Patrick is suitable for anybody, seriously. If you're a younger guy wearing this, I think you'd come across as very serious and mature, with very sophisticated taste in cologne. I say this because Patrick is extremely dry, without an ounce of sweetness to it, and it comes across as very mature, and perhaps a bit austere.

Comparisons are tough, but I'll take a crack at it: think English Leather (current version), with less leather and even less sweet, and a bit earthier smelling.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Shamu -

Old thread...but relevant to my direction right now. I am on an absolute Fougere-binge right now and really getting back to my fragrance roots! :-)

With Drakkar Noir "in the books", I came back to Worth Pour Homme - which was always lingering in the back of my mind since reading your review and several others. If you recall, I am a huge fan of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and have been trying to do side-by-side comparisons with Vintage Paco vs. other Vintage Fougeres and also comparing reformulations of classics. I bought Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration in the vintage red & blue paisley box a while back and thought highly of it (definitely some very strong and oily juice!). It comes out of the bottle like leather, patchouli and moss-infused motor oil - it stains the hell out of your clothes! My overall score was 8/10 and a I needed smelling salts to get back up again practically. ;-)

Today - I decided to go after acquiring a bottle of current formulation (as you have pictured) Worth Pour Homme to do a more relevant comparison to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. Everyone seems to talk about it being related - brother, cousin, etc. in some way. You cannot help but compare everything in the Fougere/Aromatic Fougere realm to Paco...as the "King" came first! I have hope that it will be very good on its own merit and although definitely less "aromatic" than PRPH as you pointed out, very classy and masculine. I have also stayed away from Vintage Worth Pour Homme at the recommendation of several others - it has been bashed hard. I was able to order a full bottle today for around $20 (very fair price as several sites are now saying "discontinued" and the price is quickly in the mid-$30's+ per bottle)...

Ironically, I have discussed Patrick with others before and had it in my shopping cart not once but twice in the last couple of years on Amazon - just never clicked "Buy" for some reason. I had reservations about the peat moss/manure reviews in the back of my mind. But, after reading your review and several others (including odysseusm) and notes from other sites, I decided to buy a bottle of the Irish juice. Funny - I have bought several duplicate bottles of fragrances I don't "need" and got a bit hung-up on while putting this purchase off. Something tells me that I should've just done it sooner...

Cheers, man.

I too finally bought a bottle of Patrick a few months ago. It is a stunning fragrance - quite complex, dry, discreet and totally natural smelling. One of the best classical fougeres I've ever smelled.

I still slightly prefer Worth Pour Homme, simply because of its more leathery characterl. Worth PH is in my all time Top Ten favorites.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Not sure if I tried the current version, but if it's like the former version, I'm sure I wouldn't be fan as I didn't care for the earlier
    one.

Basenotes Plus

Hello hednic -

Based upon virtually everything I have heard - and some of the most respected reviewers on here have collectively shared - the current version is definitely different from the Vintage (in a good way). Not all reformulations are bad...in this case, I am hearing far better than the original (or people have not tried the original to compare). I admired the powerhouse that Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration offered, but it is not what the "true" Worth Pour Homme scent is about - I am anxious to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not sure if I tried the current version, but if it's like the former version, I'm sure I wouldn't be fan as I didn't care for the earlier
    one.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Hey Shamu -

Old thread...but relevant to my direction right now. I am on an absolute Fougere-binge right now and really getting back to my fragrance roots! :-)

With Drakkar Noir "in the books", I came back to Worth Pour Homme - which was always lingering in the back of my mind since reading your review and several others. If you recall, I am a huge fan of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and have been trying to do side-by-side comparisons with Vintage Paco vs. other Vintage Fougeres and also comparing reformulations of classics. I bought Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration in the vintage red & blue paisley box a while back and thought highly of it (definitely some very strong and oily juice!). It comes out of the bottle like leather, patchouli and moss-infused motor oil - it stains the hell out of your clothes! My overall score was 8/10 and a I needed smelling salts to get back up again practically. ;-)

Today - I decided to go after acquiring a bottle of current formulation (as you have pictured) Worth Pour Homme to do a more relevant comparison to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. Everyone seems to talk about it being related - brother, cousin, etc. in some way. You cannot help but compare everything in the Fougere/Aromatic Fougere realm to Paco...as the "King" came first! I have hope that it will be very good on its own merit and although definitely less "aromatic" than PRPH as you pointed out, very classy and masculine. I have also stayed away from Vintage Worth Pour Homme at the recommendation of several others - it has been bashed hard. I was able to order a full bottle today for around $20 (very fair price as several sites are now saying "discontinued" and the price is quickly in the mid-$30's+ per bottle)...

Ironically, I have discussed Patrick with others before and had it in my shopping cart not once but twice in the last couple of years on Amazon - just never clicked "Buy" for some reason. I had reservations about the peat moss/manure reviews in the back of my mind. But, after reading your review and several others (including odysseusm) and notes from other sites, I decided to buy a bottle of the Irish juice. Funny - I have bought several duplicate bottles of fragrances I don't "need" and got a bit hung-up on while putting this purchase off. Something tells me that I should've just done it sooner...

Cheers, man.
    Worth Pour Homme (current juice) is an incredible fragrance. Just don't expect a powerhouse, because it's not; if you're looking for show-stopping power, you're going to be disappointed. I've never smelled the original, nor do I care to, since I find the current stuff just perfect. I guess it smells like Paco, but I don't make the association when I wear either of them. Paco smells green, Worth smells tan and leathery.

Patrick is also an incredible scent. I get the peat/hay/farm smells, but they're way in the background and merely give the overall scent a very natural, outdoorsy, and green smell. It's a light fragrance, but very long lasting (12+ hrs. staying power on my skin). It's not like you're going to walk around smelling like cow shit, so don't worry.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Shamu! I'm actually really looking forward to something more restrained and not a Paco knock-off and Worth Pour Homme is one I need to get. The "tan and leathery" vibe sounds great. I have bought a lot of old powerhouse bottles that I used to have and some I tried in my younger years - so I've got my nuclear stockpile! A gentlemen's scent is what I'm looking for and it sounds perfect. Just can't believe that Worth Pour Homme has (from what I heard) been discontinued as well! Just last year, someone could buy it online from virtually anywhere for $20 or so! Now, most sellers on eBay are close to double that!

As for Patrick - again, sounds perfect and very original. I heard that somehow the Irish countryside was captured in this bottle of juice - green, fresh, 'outdoorsy' as you put it and that earthy peat/hay/barnyard note in the base that is actually authentic. I have not been to Ireland yet myself - but, have several friends who have and one I grew up with who lives there. I must go! I am a huge fan of music and have several concerts from Slane Castle - it's on my bucket list to take my wife and boys to see a great band there in the Irish countryside. I really should have bought this a while back and putting it off was simple neglect. I am just relieved that I won't be smelling like Manure de Cow Eau de Toilette when wearing it. ;-)

I will write thorough reviews once I get both fragrances!

By the way, on the side-topic of Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - I was able to just get another perfect bottle of Original Vintage (large silver 'r' logo and rounded letters) in its original box from a fantastic seller! It is an 8oz flacon and the juice smells like it was time-warped to me...absolutely perfect! This is as good as the 16oz beauty I got from England around Christmas - that one is stored away with its box! The top-notes are as fresh as one could imagine. I am continuing to search out Vintage Paco and have yet another lead on another large bottle (Vintage as well and in very good condition). This stuff will not be around much longer and prices are reflecting that, and going up. What strikes me as simply amazing is how Vintage Paco stays fresh, if stored right and cared for properly - it is very much like French Bordeaux! 30-40+ year old bottles that have perfectly intact and beautiful top notes that are fully integrated with the rich and middle and base...pure magic. Cheers, man!

Worth Pour Homme (current juice) is an incredible fragrance. Just don't expect a powerhouse, because it's not; if you're looking for show-stopping power, you're going to be disappointed. I've never smelled the original, nor do I care to, since I find the current stuff just perfect. I guess it smells like Paco, but I don't make the association when I wear either of them. Paco smells green, Worth smells tan and leathery.

Patrick is also an incredible scent. I get the peat/hay/farm smells, but they're way in the background and merely give the overall scent a very natural, outdoorsy, and green smell. It's a light fragrance, but very long lasting (12+ hrs. staying power on my skin). It's not like you're going to walk around smelling like cow shit, so don't worry.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Shamu -

Happy St. Paddy's Day! I got my bottle of Patrick from a great seller on Amazon.com a while back and decided to keep it in cellophane until today. I am in a cloud of it right now as I write this - it is truly excellent! I am taken back a little - as this is as good as a classic aromatic fougere can be crafted! It is a bit drier and not as rich as Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, but I am loving this today - and not because I'm wearin' my green. Serious juice with class and taste, man! I am thankful for your always-honest approach. There is a slight touch of hay in the base, but I find it a nice natural accord. There is no manure whatsoever...any reviewer who gets that has an off-bottle (or doesn't have what I have in Patrick). I am smelling great fresh top notes of fern that are as green as an irish spring! The middle is smooth and bright, turning slightly to pine. The earthy accord is fantastic at the base (which also having a touch of fine-milled soap)...with moss and a touch of patchouli. Brilliant!

I bought Duc de Vervins recently and like it - very dry and austere. I gave it a good score, but wore Drakkar Noir the next day and realized just how green it was throughout (current formulation). I prefer DN to Duc de Vervins as the dry cumin/celery seed note is a bit astringent (like gritty tannin in wine). The top was very good though.

With Patrick (on the contrary), there is a fantastic, damp, slight soapiness I get here that is like a field with fern after a nice rain somewhere in the Irish countryside. It is breathes on my skin and it is so aromatic on my clothes. Just a couple of shots to my shirt well over 90 minutes ago and it is very much alive and fresh. It is a nice skin scent, but not huge projection - more moderate. Longevity on this will be damn good.

I just bought a back-up bottle...to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with this juice. Final score, for this aromatic fougere lover...9/10!

I got my bottle of Worth (as shown above in the blue box) for a steal of eBay. It's been discontinued, as you well know. It is still in cellophane and I'm going to give that a proper full wearing soon.

Cheers, man.

I think Patrick is suitable for anybody, seriously. If you're a younger guy wearing this, I think you'd come across as very serious and mature, with very sophisticated taste in cologne. I say this because Patrick is extremely dry, without an ounce of sweetness to it, and it comes across as very mature, and perhaps a bit austere.

Comparisons are tough, but I'll take a crack at it: think English Leather (current version), with less leather and even less sweet, and a bit earthier smelling.

Glad you like the Patrick. It really is outstanding, so natural smelling and green. I slightly prefer Worth, but not by much. However I find Patrick more unique.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Shamu -

I finally broke the cellophane on the Worth Pour Homme (Blue Box) this evening and, wow - this is very good. I am posting a review (which is right under the Worth Haute Concentration review I wrote) to be more complete. But, this is definitely every bit as good as I could have hoped for. I actually like the fact that it has a lighter projection - for some reason, it makes it more classy. Not a powerhouse aromatic fougere, but a truly great composition! I will say, that it is more comparable to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (later Vintage) along with Vintage Revillon Pour Homme (an absolutely beautiful fragrance with a great pine needle/fir heart and base accord similar to Worth Pour Homme). The leather is wonderful here - but I also like the integration of moss and coumarin. The florals linger here as well...along with the pine from the heart. Impressive longevity. Almost 2 hours in writing this and just two sprays to my arm - it is a very nice skin scent...very nice moss and leather base with aromatics wafting up. Again, not loud - very gentlemanly and I get a sense of class and cleanliness (but at the same time, a no-fuss/spray-and-go fougere that should be applied liberally). A button down shirt, sweater or polo shirt seem to be proper attire as there is an aire of sophistication about this. Like Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - it has distinction, refinement and class.

I am, most definitely, impressed. This is classic. Patrick is definitely more unique and transcendent as it takes your olfactory senses to the Green Isle. One full wearing of Patrick and I was very impressed - but it did not have the breadth of composition that neither Worth Pour Homme or Paco Rabanne Pour Homme have. Sometimes, less is more. However, in aromatic fougeres - the blend of notes is essential. Patrick, I find projects more than Worth Pour Homme - but they are close in longevity. I will leave this one up in the air. It comes down to which one I am in the mood for - assuming I don't reach for Paco Rabanne first, which I prefer to both of these scents - although both of these are stand-out and very good. Not sure why this bottling was bashed by reviewers...

I am lucky to have one for a very good price. Very rare to come by - prices on Amazon are at $100 per bottle! That was why I left it shrink-wrapped an extra couple of weeks. However, bottles are still available in the mid-30's+ on Ebay for 100ml. Comparatively, a fair price for the quality you get. Excellent juice.

I am in agreement with you, alfarom, Slayerized and odysseusm...this is more than "worth"y - pun intended. I shall enjoy - much thanks to fellow Basenoters pointing out that not ALL reformulations are necessarily a bad thing.

Cheers!

ericrico

Glad you like the Patrick. It really is outstanding, so natural smelling and green. I slightly prefer Worth, but not by much. However I find Patrick more unique.
    Last edited by ericrico; 11th April 2012 at 05:38 AM.

I happen to own the current version and even while having certain pleasant notes, I am totally bewildered, at times even almost repulsed, by the immense strength of the drydown. Though I do like powerhouse scents, this one finishes at almost too strikingly, almost garishly smoky, stuffy and overpowering.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting Ken_Russell -

I find a wonderful heart/middle in Worth Pour Homme - right after the initial blast of citrus and spices have calmed down and the lavender integrates with other florals...all resting elegantly on a bed of light moss (not heavy). Definitely pleasant - excellent, actually. Then enters the pine needles at the end, giving a nice fresh and lifted accord.

The dry down, to me, incorporates a turn to leather (versus moss, as the dampness fades out after about 90 minutes or so on dry skin). The leather is nicely touched up with fir and musk while the coumarin leaves a faint trace. I don't get overpowering - actually, to me, it becomes rather quiet and a nice skin scent. With some body heat, I do get the fir note back with the leather...is this the smoky accord you are smelling? Hmmmm...

After 2 hours, the scent is pleasant, but lean - no austerity to my olfactory sense. I just did a comparison over two hours long with reformulated Paco Rabanne (an older bottle of reformulation with the small white 'r' printed on it that I typically use for layering with Newer Vintage Paco). Worth held up very well and is a great scent, albeit a lot less green.

I don't know how much Worth Pour Homme you apply, but yesterday, I made a nice emulsion of neutral balm and 4-5 sprays of Worth and applied to my neck and light stubble (didn't bother shaving). I touched up with a couple of shots on my neck, wrists one on each back of my hands and a few to my shirt. Worth Pour Homme was simply excellent. Loud at first (but I love rich top notes in Aromatic Fougeres - so I was extremely happy)! The heart - best part. The dry down, even on my shirt was light. The only place it held longer and projected some was my neck with the balm.

As a skin scent, it was elegant, refined and very old-school fougere...more quiet and a true skin scent. 5-6 hours total wear.

I feel a button-down shirt or nice polo shirt (in warmer weather) is proper attire. A gentleman's scent on me. While Paco carries an aire of sophistication as well, it can be worn (in my opinion), casually as well. I love that versatility with PRph - Vintage juice is fantastic in a full suit or dressed up more formally! Regardless - anywhere, anytime for Paco.

Worth is a scent I will reach for when gentlemanly-vibe comes over me...perfect for the office as well.

But, please look into that note breakdown at the drydown - leather with fir/musk could be what is causing the effect for you.

All the best - cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I happen to own the current version and even while having certain pleasant notes, I am totally bewildered, at times even almost repulsed, by the immense strength of the drydown. Though I do like powerhouse scents, this one finishes at almost too strikingly, almost garishly smoky, stuffy and overpowering.
    Last edited by ericrico; 31st October 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Hey Grottola -

I hope you're well, man. I don't know if you have pulled the trigger on Patrick yet - but, yes...someone of your taste will enjoy this, I believe.

For a lover of green, aromatic fougeres who enjoy a true, natural smell...this is a bottle to have in your wardrobe. Although great year-round (actually very nice in cool weather with rain), I think this is a great fragrance for Spring and Summer...especially outdoors.

Wearable and versatile - not offensive. I had hesitations over the last couple of years due to some postings about a barnyard smell (or a peat note). It is simply not there for me. The top and middle notes are green and beautiful - fern and pine (not too many pieces to this great composition) - while the base does have just light hints of sea and grass to give you a true Irish vibe, it is a nice earthy patchouli that I find along with a pleasant moss. Not the "richest" of compositions, but a very great take on what a natural fougere made in Ireland should smell like. Very, very good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Is Patrick suitable on a younger person like myself? Does it have a pleasant scent? I haven't had the chance to smell it before.

Basenotes Plus

Just a quick note as it is hard to tell for sure which bottle of Worth Pour Homme is pictured, but I own plain dark blue box (which came first) - clear bottle. I based my review on that. Upon realizing soon thereafter, that production had stopped and only a few sellers on Ebay were left with higher bottle prices ($35-40!). But, wait - I just found a great aromatic fougere that was opening up and showing me its true colors after a couple of wearings. I had to search and was able to locate a bottle (still Made In England) from a seller. The picture was of a bottle very similar (same font, but more narrow) - the key is the box. It has white polka dots. It was reasonably priced so I gave it go. Within a few days, I had it and opened it immediately. A perfect match - no reformulation! So, after a bit more research, I stumbled upon a seller in England (as it only makes sense that it is produced there). Here it is - http://www.perfumeshopping.com/worth-pour-homme.html They ship internationally and carry the entire line of Worth Pour Homme products for very fair prices. Shipping from England to California was just $10, although they cannot ship the aerosol due to shipping regulations and credited that to me. I ended up with a great bottle of the Worth PH Body Wash as well for under $5! The After Shave Splash is very nice and goes on very well either by itself or mixed with a little neutral balm - really enhancing the EDT. Plus - old-school screw-on cap splash. I poured most of a cap full on a light layer of neutral balm after a shower. It was brilliant. The 100ml bottle price is under $11 for the EDT and under $8 for the After Shave. So - a set for under $20 plus fair shipping prices.

I thought for those who like this fragrance in its current formulation, I felt compelled to share. They also have shipping confirmation and professional packaging with signature required.

Worth Pour Homme is now a "scent" (not just frag) I look forward to. I noticed that quality After Shaves and Body Washes really bring a SOTD together...a holistic approach that layers very well. An aromatic fougere that is far better than the cost at which you can get it, if you pay what I did.

By the way, after a whole day's wear (and only a light touch up of a few shots of EDT in the afternoon)...the scent lasted very well.

Cheers,

ericrico

I finally broke the cellophane on the Worth Pour Homme (Blue Box) this evening and, wow - this is very good. I am posting a review (which is right under the Worth Haute Concentration review I wrote) to be more complete. But, this is definitely every bit as good as I could have hoped for. I actually like the fact that it has a lighter projection - for some reason, it makes it more classy. Not a powerhouse aromatic fougere, but a truly great composition! I will say, that it is more comparable to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (later Vintage) along with Vintage Revillon Pour Homme (an absolutely beautiful fragrance with a great pine needle/fir heart and base accord similar to Worth Pour Homme). The leather is wonderful here - but I also like the integration of moss and coumarin. The florals linger here as well...along with the pine from the heart. Impressive longevity. Almost 2 hours in writing this and just two sprays to my arm - it is a very nice skin scent...very nice moss and leather base with aromatics wafting up. Again, not loud - very gentlemanly and I get a sense of class and cleanliness (but at the same time, a no-fuss/spray-and-go fougere that should be applied liberally). A button down shirt, sweater or polo shirt seem to be proper attire as there is an aire of sophistication about this. Like Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - it has distinction, refinement and class.
    I compare Worth Pour Homme with Revillon Pour homme side by side today. My vintage WPH has stronger projection than Revillon Pour homme. Well, both of them have beautiful scent

Am I the only fan here of this?
    You are not alone.... I love it too.

Basenotes Plus

Interesting to hear, teerose -

I have never tried Vintage Worth Pour Homme, but the reviews of it are not all that positive on a lot of accounts. You may have found a good bottle. I have Vintage Revillon Pour Homme in large flacon. I wear it occasionally - it is special to me in many ways. The beauty of the scent is how it integrates so seamlessly. It is not a strong scent (in terms of projection), but exceptional in quality of ingredients and composition. This makes me want to find Vintage Worth. I really, really like the recent Worth bottling (Blue Box) and apply it liberally. Splash After Shave is great too - fantastic for layering.

Just curious as Vintage Revillon Pour Homme is very rare...is your bottle a spray, splash? What size is it? They simply do not (and will not) make amazing scents like that any more...

Also, are you a fan of Vintage Paco Rabanne? Just curious...

Cheers,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by teerose View Post
    I compare Worth Pour Homme with Revillon Pour homme side by side today. My vintage WPH has stronger projection than Revillon Pour homme. Well, both of them have beautiful scent

Interesting to hear, teerose -

I have never tried Vintage Worth Pour Homme, but the reviews of it are not all that positive on a lot of accounts. You may have found a good bottle. I have Vintage Revillon Pour Homme in large flacon. I wear it occasionally - it is special to me in many ways. The beauty of the scent is how it integrates so seamlessly. It is not a strong scent (in terms of projection), but exceptional in quality of ingredients and composition. This makes me want to find Vintage Worth. I really, really like the recent Worth bottling (Blue Box) and apply it liberally. Splash After Shave is great too - fantastic for layering.
    Well, you don't have to buy vintage worth pour homme if you have already purchased vintage Revillon Pour Homme. I agree with you, what you described about Revillon Pour homme is what I smell on my right arm right now.

Just curious as Vintage Revillon Pour Homme is very rare...is your bottle a spray, splash? What size is it? They simply do not (and will not) make amazing scents like that any more...
    I only have the vintage mini. Have you ever compared between the splash & spray? coz My friend saw the spray one on local shop. If the smell just like my mini maybe I will buy it

*just called my friend and what he see was R de Revillon not Revillon Pour Homme

Also, are you a fan of Vintage Paco Rabanne? Just curious...

Cheers,

Eric

I love Paco Rabanne Pour Homme in general so I collect all its flankers.
    Last edited by teerose; 2nd June 2012 at 05:09 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Well -

Not entirely true as I am a true lover of Classic Aromatic Fougeres and Vintage Worth is one of the few I don't have. You can never have too much of a good thing...

Did you read my review on Basenotes of Vintage Revillon Pour Homme? My summation here is just a touch of what I spent time breaking down - here it is: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121363.html

That makes sense about your friend, because Revillon R (a great scent unto itself, but totally different - a "Fresh" Fougere - aromatic and very clean, created by the master perfumer, Maurice Roucel). That is one to get regardless, but I was doubtful that Revillon Pour Homme (Vintage) was floating around.

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, in my honest and humble opinion, is the greatest male fragrance ever created - in Original Vintage formulation!

Cheers,

ericrico

Well, you don't have to buy vintage worth pour homme if you have already purchased vintage Revillon Pour Homme. I agree with you, what you described about Revillon Pour homme is what I smell on my right arm right now.

I only have the vintage mini. Have you ever compared between the splash & spray? coz My friend saw the spray one on local shop. If the smell just like my mini maybe I will buy it

*just called my friend and what he see was R de Revillon not Revillon Pour Homme

I love Paco Rabanne Pour Homme in general so I collect all its flankers.

Basenotes Plus

I fully agree, teerose.

The pine needle and fir in both are essential in the composition. Also, an UPDATE...I recently bought Vintage Worth Pour Homme (both the EdT and excellent After Shave Lotion). I read a lot and was cautious, but it is actually wonderful. The current blue bottle does a good job maintaining the classic notes, but the Vintage Worth Pour Homme is really very good. I heard so much negativity on it, but then a friend on here (thanks, Boge) pointed me to a sale on Ebay for Vintage Worth Pour Homme After Shave. It was rich in both fragrance and emollients. Fantastic - it actually pairs well with both Vintage Worth Pour Homme EdT (with the large "W" designed bottle) and, actually well with Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentraion (the Red & Blue paisley box). Incredible stuff.

I will say this - stronger projection may go to Worth (and the overall composition is truly excellent), but Vintage Revillon Pour Homme is sublime. There is a magical quality to it - hard to describe, but it is such a wonderful and natural-smelling fragrance. It is, in my humble opinion, fantastic.

Having both (and Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme) - I am truly blessed.

Cheers,

ericrico

Last edited by ericrico; 31st October 2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Update

Also, an UPDATE...I recently bought Vintage Worth Pour Homme (both the EdT and excellent After Shave Lotion).

Cheers,

ericrico[/QUOTE]

Could you describe the bottle?
    Or upload a photo?
    I have a bottle of Worth PH Aftershave but don't know it's vintage. (It is certainly potent with good longevity)
    Thanks,
    Martin.

Basenotes Plus

Hi martinijo -

Yes - it is currently being sold on Ebay. It is a 100ml spray bottle with bright green juice. The stuff, as Boge describes, is wonderful and potent. I actually wear it by itself (as it has the strength of an Eau de Cologne!) or layer a little Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration which I had before and just recently acquired the wonderful set of Vintage Worth Pour Homme. I read earlier comments on Vintage Worth PH and stayed away. After getting the excellent After Shave, I decided to get the set with the EdT - very glad I did. It is truly great stuff. Very deep, rich and potent. A classic fougere with a nice pine note in the heart, great oakmoss and also some nice leather. Impressive stuff - not to be worn casually.

Here is a link with a picture of the Vintage After Shave bottle that is currently being sold: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190701556355...84.m1438.l2648

Enjoy - cheers,

Eric

Ah, that is different to the bottle I have. The aftershave is clear. Must be a more recent version that I have. Still good though, and it definately has something in common with Paco Rabanne original formulation. I sometimes layer it with the newer Paco Pour Homme.