Code of Conduct

Default creed - royal water

i am wearing this fragrance for the first time today and initial impressions are that i love it, which i am glad. the trouble is that it quickly moves to a very close skin scent. it is a very cool day here. i am thinking that this would be good as a hot weather fragrance. when i exhale on my arm the scent comes back to life. i would like to here others thoughts and experiences with this one.
    Last edited by mickers; 14th May 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Default Re: creed - royal water

I liked it at first but then there's like a "plasticky"/synthetic vibe or like a melted candle wax vibe - you know like crayons, that I get from it. Longevity on this one is decent though.

I used to have a bottle of RW but I sold it - it struck me as more feminine than unisex. It definitely wears better in the heat.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I liked it at first but then there's like a "plasticky"/synthetic vibe or like a melted candle wax vibe - you know like crayons, that I get from it. Longevity on this one is decent though.
    Since it is aquatic, it is synthetic.. overal on me its a nice scent and didn't really get plastiky. Should last 6-7 Hours. You can search up "Whyme Basenotes review" on google and you would find my review there

I have Royal Water and like it a lot.

Royal Water is certainly decent but by no means good. It is supposedly a modern rendition of the traditional eau de cologne with some white flowers and animalic spices like cumin for a dirty edge. I'd try something more like Acqua di Parma Colonia or Eau de Guerlain.

I had this and gave it to my Son.....This is a very good scent.....Lasts about 4 hours on my skin.....Gary

I used to own a bottle but found it to be slightly too feminine for my liking, so I gave it to my mum. She loves it.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I tried it a long time ago. At the time, it felt way too metallic. I don't like those kinds of frags, in general, but this one seemed especially problematic due to that metallic quality.

I like Royal Water better than many more popular ones in the Millesime line such as SMW, GIT, and MI.

Though some do, I don't find it too feminine to wear and and I am quite comfortable with it. I enjoy it very much in hot weather. I bought my bottle during a trip to Thailand and always associate Royal Water with that country.

Sur la Plage

I found it to be quite mediocre, and not something I needed to purchase.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The best Creed ever made :P
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I don't really hate it, but there's nothing special about it. Every time I have made a creed puchase, they always give me samples of this one, and I end up giving it right away. It's an ok clean scent I guess. Should try this again in the heat

Does not deserve the family name "CREED".

One of the weaker fragrances from the great house of Creed.

Its a nice somewhat more complex citrus from Creed. The peachy note might not be to everyones liking and the citrus notes aren't as clear as say in Bois de Cedrat or Citrus Bigarade, but I like the herbal basil-juniper heart notes with the persistent but low key cumin
    -

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I liked it at first but then there's like a "plasticky"/synthetic vibe or like a melted candle wax vibe - you know like crayons, that I get from it.
    I agree somewhat. I never thought about crayons, but now that you mention it, I do get some sort of weird chemical or synthetic vibe in the dry-down. Ultimately it dries down too feminine and has an "old" vibe to it.

Own it, love it. One of Creed's best.

I got the "old lady" vibe from this at first but I think RW became one of favorite fragrances after wearing it three days in a row. I just bought this and I really like it. Maybe you have a bad batch. I had a bad Silver Mountain Water I just got rid of, it smelled too tangy, feminine, and floral, but the SMW I just bought is beautiful and sparkly I can't keep people at work away from me! I barely have elbow room when people come around me! I'm almost scared to wear it because people won't back off lol! Creeds are just wierd like that. Try another bottle of RW if that one smells off.