Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Mauboussin M Generation

I find the sillage and projection fairly minimal too, but I appreciate that it lasts for a long time. 5 sprays on my chest and neck, with one of those under my shirt, and it seems to go for 12+ hours. Towards the end of that time it is more of a skin scent but for most of that time, it projects 6-12 inches. I actually find this combined low projection/long duration to be a desirable trait in certain social or professional situations.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up man. Makes sense.

Curious to try Mauboussin Homme, as it has been compared to Davidoff Zino and Gucci Envy, which I enjoy.
    I do not find that MH has anything to do with Zino or Envy, (men's ?)........no similarity at all. However,both the MH edp and edt are very similar to Maharadjah.

I am personally not at all impressed with M Generation, but having said that ~ I did only try it once, so I will give it another go.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

I decided to give it another go today as I read I needed more than normal sprays (2 is about normal), so I decided to give it a 5 spray wearing and it was same as 2-3 spray wearing. The smell is acceptable but projection / silage is dreadful, it becomes skin scent at very early stages.

I would NOT replace it once the bottle is finished. For me, I can only wear one smell in a day so I would like to at least have Armani Code like strength, which if just about the minimum need to call it a perfume.

No complaints with the actual 'taste' of the smell.

I'm wearing this stuff today. I have to say that it is a great option for those that love Comme des Garcons Ouarzazate, but hate the fact that you only get a few hours of longevity. At about a quarter of the price M Generation is a decent substitute. That being said I do find it a little sweeter in the dry down and not quite as spicy as Ouarzazate.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'm wearing this stuff today. I have to say that it is a great option for those that love Comme des Garcons Ouarzazate, but hate the fact that you only get a few hours of longevity. At about a quarter of the price M Generation is a decent substitute. That being said I do find it a little sweeter in the dry down and not quite as spicy as Ouarzazate.
    M Generation has been favourably compared to a number of fragrances, but, IMHO, is pretty awesome in its own right too. I'm still surprised it doesn't get more love on Basenotes...

Where did you get yours, rynegne?

I got mine on eBay here. Great price.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcG View Post
    M Generation has been favourably compared to a number of fragrances, but, IMHO, is pretty awesome in its own right too. I'm still surprised it doesn't get more love on Basenotes...

Where did you get yours, rynegne?
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...