Code of Conduct

Thread: Boss Bottled

Question Boss Bottled

I'm looking for an additional cool weather fragrance and an additional warm weather fragrance to add to my collection. I was doing research and discovered that Annick Menardo created Boss Bottled, and, because I really like Lolita Lempicka, I went to the mall to try this on my skin. Smells spicy and sweet, not bad at all. I'm still trying to decide if it's purchase-worthy though.

What do you guys think about this one? Do any of you still wear it? Do you feel it's better suited for cooler weather or warmer weather?

On a side note, I also went to test Fuel for Life on my skin, as that's another Annick Menardo creation. That one I did not like at all. It became extremely cloying with only 1 spray to the wrist, and after a few hours the milk & raspberry accord started making me gag a little.

EDIT: I also discovered that Annick Menardo created Lacoste Style In Play (Red). I tried this one a couple of years back and only vaguely remember what I thought about it. I didn't get a chance to test this one when I stopped by the mall yesterday. What do you guys think of this one for a warmer weather fragrance?
    Last edited by Shaheen; 30th April 2010 at 01:23 AM.

Default Re: Boss Bottled

I own a bottle of Bottled and it's certainly a good frag.
    Got it as a present quite early during this obsession and still like the warm, fruity Apple/Cinnamon combo (that is what Bottled is all about IMO) over a woody base, I dont get much from its heartnotes.
    More suitable for colder weather as it projects way too good on me in the heat (and my skin is VERY thirsty).

However, it's one of those frags, that I appreciate but seldomly use as it's comfortable and safe but in the end not very special.
    Plus it's too common around here (best selling mens perfume in 2008 or 09 I think).
    Last edited by timaru; 30th April 2010 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I own a bottle of Bottled and it's certainly a good frag.
    Got it as a present quite early during this obsession and still like the warm, fruity Apple/Cinnamon combo (that is what Bottled is all about IMO) over a woody base, I dont get much from its heartnotes.
    More suitable for colder weather as it projects way too good on me in the heat (and my skin is VERY thirsty).

However, it's one of those frags, that I appreciate but seldomly use as it's comfortable and safe but in the end not very special.
    Plus it's too common around here (best selling mens perfume in 2008 or 09 I think).
    +1 On everything timaru said

I love it. It was my first proper cologne. It's one of the few modern designer frags that even the hardcore traditionalists and niche fans tend to like.

For my money, it's HB's most successful juice. Definitely purchase worthy.

Love tihs one, but I adore Dark Blue. Bottled is very spicy and projects greatly, at least to me it does. Very versatile frag, great both for warm and cold weather.

You might want to try and save a few bucks, and try Adidas Victory League first.

As soon as I read your name as last poster I knew what your post would be about, bigsly
    And you are not that far off the road IMO, but, as I have both, I dont think they are that close to each other.
    Bottled is more precise and focused on the apple/cinnamon theme with little to no change (except the fade out, where the woods become more prominent), VL is trying too hard to be complex I think, it's got fresh, fruity and sensual (basenotes) parts and sums up to something that is unsatisfying for every factor.
    But you're right, doing a comparison is adequate.
    By the way, do you still like VL as much as you did in the beginnng?

I had to ask a wearer what it was in 2006. Its drydown is really good. To me it's worth owning.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Best from Boss, by far. I would own it. Next time I see it for a good price, I might pick it up.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm not doing well with strong wood notes these days, especially cedar, so I've avoided these kinds of frags lately. Interestingly, I find that lavender isn't bothering me nearly as much as it used to. I guess that at least for me this suggests that I should keep a lot of different frags around, because I can never tell what is going to bother me. Note that I mentioned AVL though I've never smelled Bottled. Others have made that comparison. However, the drydown of Polo Explorer is close to AVL and Brit for Men is more powdery, less syrupy and grassy, but otherwise similar.

+1 on Timaru's comments.
    I used to own a bottle but sold it. I wore it on colder days, but did'nt find myself reaching for it that often. I remember it being too sweet for my liking. I also don't like Fuel for Life but Lacoste Style in Play I think is not bad at all, although its less refined / more casual than Bottled.

I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase a bottle of this as my "cooler weather" fragrance. Closest thing I have tried to Boss Bottled is Carlos Santana for Men, however Carlos' dry-down goes sorta bug spray on my skin so I eventually gave it away. Bottled seems like a keeper though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Love tihs one, but I adore Dark Blue. Bottled is very spicy and projects greatly, at least to me it does. Very versatile frag, great both for warm and cold weather.
    it is a tad heavy, great for the cold.

It's definitely a well made interesting fragrance. The fragrance is definitely all about the Apple/Cinnamon combo. It's spicy but sweet at the same time.
    Although, it's very safe and doesn't seem overly interesting. It's definitely a great fragrance but not excellent.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Persistent enough for cold weather, due to the rather heavy spicy notes, although still a part in my wardrobe and quite complimented, I wear it quite infrequently, since I perceive it as too casual now

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Persistent enough for cold weather, due to the rather heavy spicy notes, although still a part in my wardrobe and quite complimented, I wear it quite infrequently, since I perceive it as too casual now
    I do like to wear it to the office, I'll give it shot on a date

NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

This is totally worthy of a purchase. It's a great fragrance, and versatile too. I might get a bottle soon myself.

Can anyone here tell me their experience with this frag and how it is received by others? Esp. the opposite sex? And does anyone find it too strong. I'm undecided about this.

Also, is this still a top seller?
    Last edited by vulcan; 6th June 2010 at 07:12 AM.

I think it's the best of Hugo Boss, it's a very nice casual scent for winter/spring days.

This is really wonderful stuff. Sweet and smooth. It's easy to see why it's so loved around the world.
    Last edited by Ronin; 6th June 2010 at 10:35 PM.

I bought a used bottle of Boss Bottled off ebay once. I think it smells a little better once you get used to it.
    I later got some samples of YSL L'Homme. My impression is that it is a lighter and easier to tolerate fragrance
    than Boss Bottled.

I've tried this and like it - it's on my buy list, but so many things keep jumping ahead of it.

It is nice - certainly better than any of the other bosses that I've smelled, but it keeps getting bumped. Maybe in the fall.

Also: Is AVL really that similar? Does it last very long? I can get it cheap, but I've tried some adidas and they all seem to be crap... they disappear before my very nose.
    Last edited by NDN-01; 7th June 2010 at 12:07 AM.