Thread: Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
I recently got a sample of Usiku by Jo Wood Organics and was blown away at how great this stuff is. It's unusual in that it's totally organic, not to mention incredibly smooth with perfect sillage and nice longevity. To my nose, it's the closest thing to the fantastic but prohibitively expensive Comme de Garcons LUXE Patchouli.
Here is the info from the Jo Wood website:
A SENSUAL SPICY, WOODY & EARTHY FRAGRANCE
ORGANIC EAU DE TOILETTE
Usiku means “night” in Swahili
Warm and sensual fragrance with a fresh, vibrant edge, Usiku combines top notes of rosemary and pineneedle with a spicy hit of cardamom and hot ginger. A complex heart of coriander, clove and clary sage give way to the aromatic woody aromas of Moroccan cedarwood, patchouli and vetiver. Earthy and sophisticated, this is a scent for men and women alike.
This fragrance gets virtually no attention on Basenotes, so I thought I'd help spread the word. Anybody else ever try this one?
Last edited by WindyCity1014; 30th April 2010 at 03:27 PM.
1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
2. Lumičre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
6. Puro Intense by Nejma
7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
9. Dia For Men by Amouage
10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed
Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240