Code of Conduct

Default Elite by Floris - I get the tuberose big time

Someone gifted me with a box of Floris soap in the Elite scent. I'd known before that Elite is considered a "very" masculine scent, but that it also has a tuberose note that sets it apart from the herd. Well, I've gone through 2 bars out of the 3 already - I love this scent as a bath product, the way it scents the steam in the shower and makes the whole room smell good. I can distinctly pick out the tuberose in the soap's waftage. How does this note do in the fragrance? Is it something that lurks in the underlayers, making a brief showing in the base, or does it play its part sooner and more brightly lit? I'd love to hear any experiences with Elite - thanks.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 30th April 2010 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Elite by Floris - I get the tuberose big time

I don't remember being able to smell tuberose distinctly in the EDT. I wish I did! I was not impressed at all by the EDT in fact, and the one word I would use to describe it is "stale". The soap, however, sounds great!
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Although I am aware of tuberose in the base, it really is quite gentle. It adds a creamy, slightly nutty quality to the drydown, and it is quite different to what I expected early on. I wore this a number of times during the cooler months, and I have really become quite fond of it. It is always much classier than I remember, and its a simple idea well executed. I think I might be seeking that full bottle sometime in the Autumn

Hmm....I'm getting intrigued by the idea of getting a sample of Elite and seeing how it fits with me. Next time I order my soaps (soon), I think I'll request one.

Floris soaps are very re-assuring in their wonderful quality. It's nice to know that something this good is still being made. I'm even fond of the slightly stodgy packaging!