Code of Conduct

Default There's a new Le Male "cheapo:" move over Cuba Gold !

I sampled Le Male the other day, I think for the first time. I know I smelled the sprayer of it once, a long time ago, thought it was very close to Cuba Gold, and never had any interest in it since the other day, when I gave it a shot from the tester at a local store. I kept thinking that it reminded me of another frag, but couldn't figure it out until today. And that frag is Samba Nova for men. It features strong lavender, mint, and rosewood, and has some sort of vanillic/amber/heliotrope thing going on in the base. I can't say which one I think is better because I don't like these kinds of frags and usually do an ankle sampling because I don't want them to make me sick, but since it's really cheap and fairly well done I though some BNers would like to know about it.

Default Re: There's a new Le Male "cheapo:" move over Cuba Gold !

Ok...I'm not knocking you, but I have never heard of anyone sampling a fragrance on thier ankle. lol That's new to me. Do you put your face to your ankle or vice versa and smell or do you just let the scent rise to your nose?

Got one that is amazingly good for it replies Le MÔle, but with shorter longevity and limited sillage, not so complex though. I find it is somehow a gentlemanly version of Le MÔle.

If you sample on your ankle, you can just cross your legs once in a while ("the way men do") and see how it is developing, without having to be exposed to it for hours straight. Is this any more "strange" than wine tasters spitting into a bowl? My motto is usually "whatever works is what I do." As to Pollux's post, I have to admit that I don't understand it.

Hey if it works, it works. I have no problems with that. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Got one that is amazingly good for it replies Le MÔle, but with shorter longevity and limited sillage, not so complex though. I find it is somehow a gentlemanly version of Le MÔle.
    Is this cologne a secret or are you referring to one of the colognes mentioned in this thread?
    Last edited by kingpin; 1st May 2010 at 10:10 PM.