Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation looking for A*Men in stores; need cheaper prices

as the title says im looking to buy A*Men. im unable to buy online and $60 at Macys seems a bit ridiculous to me...does anyone know any other stores that might sell this fragrance cheaper?

Default Re: looking for A*Men in stores; need cheaper prices

I picked up a 1oz refill bottle at Perfumania for 16 bucks on sale.
    I refuse to sink.

check kroger in the clearance section, i once found deodorant , soap, and 1.7 oz of it for 30 bucks

Blog Entries

neither of those stores are anywhere around me. ive been hunting at TJ Maxx and Marshalls over the past couple weeks...i feel like im gunna end up spending $60 in gas driving to find it lol. is it actually worth $60? and does macys ever do discounts on ALL fragrances? theyre having a 25% off sale and fragrances are excluded

Have you tried the BN Marketplace?

I'm a frequent TJMaxx shopper, and I've never seen any of the A*Men line there. I have seen B*Men, Ice*Men, and Mugler Cologne though.
    I refuse to sink.

Blog Entries

im thinking i might just buy it for $60 at Macys. its getting to be such a hassle to try and find it cheaper

Parfum1 has a gift set for $34 with the 20% discount.

http://www.parfum1.com/amen-angel-me...p?itm=ANGMSET2
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Blog Entries

im trying to buy it in stores, i cant really buy online...why do retail prices suck lol

Blog Entries

well thanks for all the help everyone, i think im going to just buy it at Macy's. the price is undeniably high, but atleast i know for a fact its authentic. i'd be livid if i got a fake, watered down, or "bad" fragrance online

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

60 bucks?! Jeez! I cannot understand you Americans
    who complain about fragrance prices.
    Could I only find it at $60!
    Here it would set you back at least $95 for 100ml.!

Blog Entries

well its the 1.7oz (thats 50mL right? im having a brain cramp at the moment and cant remember haha) at $60, if it was the 3.4oz i wouldnt even be on here asking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    well its the 1.7oz (thats 50mL right? im having a brain cramp at the moment and cant remember haha) at $60, if it was the 3.4oz i wouldnt even be on here asking about it
    I can't blame you for being picky about pricing. After a while, one realizes they only want to spend higher money on fragrances that they really like or need. I don't know how you feel about AMen. But considering that it is not hard to find or niche....etc.

I would imagine that getting the 100ml would be more cost effective in the long run. But that depends, as you would have to fork over the extra cash now.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Oh, I see, excuse me!

Blog Entries

i definitely like the fragrance alot and have been wanting it for awhile (its a complex gourmand, doesnt get any better than that kind of fragrance in my taste), its always just been a matter of trying to find it cheaper...which so far ive been unable to do. and i hate buying online, its way too sketchy to me, even from legit sites. i like to be able to know im getting the real thing

ALSO: i got a sampler of the stuff from macys the other day. its theirry mugler supplied for sure...my only question is, do samples generally have a weaker fragrance? i remember spraying a*men on my arm foir the first time and being unable to wash the damn stuff off (it gave me a bad headache when i first tried it) not to mention a*men is notorious for longevity. the stuff in this sampler lasts maybe, MAYBE 2 hours before becoming a very weak patchoulli without any gourmand to it. all the times ive used a tester bottle its lasted forever with a completely different smell. im obviously new to fragrances, but it just seems so weird to me that a sample lasts so much less than the actual juice
    Last edited by Neurosis; 1st May 2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: random thought occurance

neither of those stores are anywhere around me. ive been hunting at TJ Maxx and Marshalls over the past couple weeks...i feel like im gunna end up spending $60 in gas driving to find it lol. is it actually worth $60? and does macys ever do discounts on ALL fragrances? theyre having a 25% off sale and fragrances are excluded
    Macy's NEVER discounts their fragrances. How much a fragrance is worth is entirely up to the person buying it. I don't like A*Men, thus I don't think it's worth 5$. But if you love it, it may be worth 200$.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Macy's NEVER discounts their fragrances. How much a fragrance is worth is entirely up to the person buying it. I don't like A*Men, thus I don't think it's worth 5$. But if you love it, it may be worth 200$.
    Yup. I don't like A*Men either, but if you really like it, suck it up and buy it at Macys.

I'm all for thrift, but if you really like A*Men that much, want it badly, don't like to buy online, then jump in the car.

Just do it and let it go. Don't then spend time after the purchase second guessing that you could have bought it cheaper online. You seem a bit new to this, and if you buy it online, I'd bet you're going to start second guessing if you got the real thing.

Samplers don't have weaker fragrance. It's just that your first test was so impressive to you that you're questioning it.

I've tried to mellow out and use the web for some purchases, but right now I'd drive all over town to find L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 1st May 2010 at 09:01 PM.

...my only question is, do samples generally have a weaker fragrance? i remember spraying a*men on my arm foir the first time and being unable to wash the damn stuff off (it gave me a bad headache when i first tried it) not to mention a*men is notorious for longevity. the stuff in this sampler lasts maybe, MAYBE 2 hours before becoming a very weak patchoulli without any gourmand to it. all the times ive used a tester bottle its lasted forever with a completely different smell. im obviously new to fragrances, but it just seems so weird to me that a sample lasts so much less than the actual juice
    Samples absolutely do not have a weaker fragrance..
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Get AXE Dark Temptation

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I'm a frequent TJMaxx shopper, and I've never seen any of the A*Men line there. I have seen B*Men, Ice*Men, and Mugler Cologne though.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Samples absolutely do not have a weaker fragrance..
    I agree, however samples are applied differently than the actual bottle. Whether it's a spray samples or a splash, it's never gonna amount to the full application. 90% of the time, application size matters, not just size but the way it's distributed. Only with the more expensive perfumes will application size not matter as much because of the quality. Less alcohol means a lot. Even with something as powerful as A*Men, you may notice a big difference. There are lots of threads on this, that you can research.. I'd hate to post off-topic, but I felt as if the OP should know that samples are not going to have the same affect as the real thing (though they are the same juice)
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 2nd May 2010 at 06:44 AM.

You can get it really cheap off the internet. The internet is awesome I'm surprised some people don't shop online for some reason.

Blog Entries

i ended up just buying it at Macy's...atleast i know its legit i guess haha. it doesnt bother me too much though, i'd been wanting A*Men for a long time now