Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 1 May

Good morning and happy May Day!

Guerlain Mitsouko for me.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Saturday 1 May

I'm wearing the sweet and creamy CSP : Vanille Abricot.

Have a great weekend!

Blog Entries

Mitsouko.

Guerlain's Quand Vient la Pluie Parfum. Pastels on patchouli

The beautifully re-orchestrated Penhaligon's Orange Blossom. It's quite something.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Serge Lutens Arabie, for Sniff-n-Speak Saturday (Fruity). Have a great day everyone!

Notes include cedar, sandalwood, candied mandarin peel, dried figs, dates, cumin, nutmeg, clove, balsamic resins, Tonka bean, Siamese benzoin and myrrh.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hi all,

I've been enjoying the spring weather for a good few weeks instead of checking in with you guys, but I'm back (for today anyway...). I've missed you!

Wearing Comme des Garcon's Series 5 Sherbert Rhubarb for today's Sniff'n'Speak.

Have a great May Day y'all!

Starting off S'n'S Fruity Saturday in Berkeley Square Fig and Cherry. (Thanx Wordy!!)

Despite it's modest cost and unlikely combination this is a fun frag of some breeding that on me is more fig than cherry and the cherry is lifelike and not icky.

Since it doesn't last more than a couple hours I'll be taking along a spritzer of something else (mystery!) for the rest of the day cuz I'm gonna be out for a long time.

Can't wait to see what you guys'll be sporting!!

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

John Varvatos today -- EdP, long lasting drunken berries on the smooth woody tonka base.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trikkirikki View Post
    I've missed you!
    ... and we've missed you, don't be a stranger!

SotD;

The Ultimate Gentlemens Scent
    Pour Monsieur, Chanel

Good to see you posting again, trikki!! Missed you!

To celebrate the first day of the best of the months, I´m joining N_Tesla in Mitsouko. The ultimate masterpiece.

I wish for love, good health and sunshine to all of you!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Happy May Day All!

Wafting incense-y L'Erbolairio Myhrrae today.....

Reine

Getting all spiffed up for my teaching gig at Perfume School today. Hope to see some of my local fumeheads today.

For May Day I am going to wear

Hermes Voyage D'Hermes

Have a Super Saturday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello you lovely BN beasties!

I jumped into the fruit basket early by wearing Trish McEvoy’s Sexy #9 last night. Sweet, dripping blackberry with musk and patchouli and amber looping it up in the background. May be better in the winter since it’s rather heavy. Was thinking about going with Frapin 1270 today, but once I saw TaoLady’s post with the word “fig” in it, I reached in the drawer for Thymes Fig Leaf & Cassis, which has that lovely juxtaposition of sweet and tart or fruity and green. Poor DH is going to come home from the blood center after donating and wonder what stinks. Sorry, honey, I’ll stay outside so you won’t have to smell me.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Thierry Mugler Innocent, for SnS.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

CREED
    Royal Scottish Lavender

SotD is a drop of Amouage Homage

Nu edp YSL

Aw, I totally missed the memo on Fruity S'nS.
    Jil Sander Sun today, though the sun is only now actually coming out. Am pooped as I've been up since the ungodly hour of 4 am. Whyyyyy? I'm surviving on pure caffeine, I tell you.

Take care all.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Had the first shift today at work,so had to be up at the insanely early hour of five!:O Due to that I also forgot about S'n'S ....Wore Feminite du bois...and it has a plum note,so it kind of counts,right? Now an after work shower and I'll try to find something fruity for the evening.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Later:Ended up with Poison as my fruity sotE. Need a scent with a bit of bite to it to keep me going for the rest of the day!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 1st May 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Wearing Jean Patou's Colony for SNS Saturday. Its pineapple note is perfect today.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

I have dug in the 'not currently wearing' box and come up with Emporio Armani She and, for the evening, Emporio Armani Night She. These were put away for being too 'perfumey'. They aren't true fruity florals, but the top notes look worthy of SNS today!

Starting out with the first:

Top Notes: Pineapple, Bergamot, Pear, Tangerine
    Middle Notes: Muguet, Orris, Jasmine, Heliotrope
    Base Notes: Tonka, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk

The fruity top notes are soft and nicely blended, the pineapple sticks out the most, not fresh but creamy. I have a stuffy nose, today, which usually erases 'green', so this is probably a bit skewed! They are also quite fleeting, leaving the floor clear for a clean, pretty floral. Of note for Taolady, The Guide describes this as 'woody peony'!
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 1st May 2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus

Another day in Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

For today's Fruity SnS, I am wearing Tropical Passionfruit EDT by Bath and Body Works. This was a lovely RAOK from 30 Roses and I'm loving the juicy passionfruit note right now. DH is smoking huge hunks of meat to make pulled pork sandwiches later today and somehow the tropical fruit is contrasting nicely with the smokiness of our backyard smoker.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

I'm wearing Lilly Pulitzer Squeeze to start off Fruity Sniff 'n Speak this morning. I'm not sure what I'll graduate to later. It's going to the 90s F here, perfect fruity frag weather.

Happy May Day!

Blog Entries

Emilie Preyer,1871

Frapin-1270

Heady fruit and sassy nuts are lifted by the gentle florals here.
    Soothing cocoa and decadent vanilla, tease and delight.
    I'm ready for candlelight and a beautiful party, now!

1270 Notes; exotic woods, spice, raisin, vine flowers, pepper, candied orange,
    nut, hazelnut, prune, cocoa, coffee, leather, woods, white honey, vanilla
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st May 2010 at 04:50 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain's Eau de Cologne Impériale was created for the Empress Eugénie by perfumer and founder of the House of Guerlain, Pierre-François Guerlain. It is described as "a blend of orange, lemon and bergamot associated with lavender and rosemary." This is "my" kind of fruity fragrance!

I was gifted with a bottle of this but never opened it until last night. It's perfect for hot weather and since today is supposed to be a record breaker, it's perfect.

This is the actual pyramid listed on basenotes:
    "Top Notes: Bergamot, Neroli, Verbena, Lemon, Orange
    Middle Notes: Lavender
    Base Notes: Cedarwood, Tonka Bean."

Don't know where the rosemary has gone......

This scent is no longer on the Guerlain website. It is, however, available at several online discounters.
    Last edited by RHM; 1st May 2010 at 05:55 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Parfumerie Generale Intrigant Patchouli.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Blog Entries

Today I've layered my new L'Occitane Honey & Lemon shimmering EdT over B&BW Verbena & Lemon EdT...very nice! The honey and the muted vanilla notes mellow the citrus. Not that I don't like the Verbena & Lemon solo, but today this is a pleasant variation on the theme.

Did you know that May Day is Lei Day in Hawai'i? I'll bet our RainDropSparkle is sporting a lei today! Here are garlands of plumeria (frangipani) for all of you:

Photo by Kristi Middleton

My SotD is Keiko Mecheri's Ume, for the Sniff 'n' Speak fruit fest.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE;
    Ange ou Démon
    de Givenchy

Blog Entries

Oh, many things to discover for a novice!
    I didn't know about the S&S, so I didn't prepare myself with the fruity fragrances for a trip... but lucky lucky, I got among my samplers a Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey, so I got it out and tried it on!

Now, there's no fruit in the name, but it's certainly in the notes -- I read a description which includes black currant in the top notes, nectarine in the middle and peach in the base. Conversely, there's honey in the name -- but not in the notes and not in the juice so far!

I smell a very delicate nectarine/peach in a slight wind of florals coming from a far. This is not a peach you're eating, it's juice is dripping down your chin, and it's not a platonic idea of a peach in Mitsouko. This is a peach sitting on a plate, the plate is sitting on a table, the table is on an open patio, you're smelling the blooming garden, you're about to have that peach for breakfast, and the whole day is ahead.

Have a good day ahead of you, everyone!

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Victoria Secret 'Good Day Sunshine' It was a gift and really its not bad! Ripe peach and blue freesia notes whatever that means. Not long lasting but thats OK sometimes you want to expierment with other fragrances through out the day. I'm in one of those moods today. Hey, I forgot I wanted to try my new samble of Delrae 'Bois de Paradis' maybe later. Have a good wk-end everybody!!

Oh, Haunani, those leis are so lovely... (I lived in Hawaii as a little girl, we were always making leis for visitors from the plumeria and gardenia bushes in our yard)

I flunked S&S, though I gave it a try! I started in Un Jardin sur le Nil... nah, too melony. No need to wash it off, it's gone in an hour. Then Un Jardin en Mediterranee. No, don't want to be a fig, however fragrant, today. Then I spritzed on some Libertine, which I find pretty, but just wasn't in the mood for. It feels too young for me. So, having exhausted the fruit options in my wardrobe (unless you count a barely there middle note here and there), I gratefully retreated to my new heartthrob, Sabi. NOW I'm happy... and have identified a hole in my wardrobe, I don't have any fruity fragrances that feel sophisticated or green enough.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    I flunked S&S, though I gave it a try!
    Oh, honey, you’re getting an A+ from Quarry School.
    I’ve noticed you’ve been writing about your heartthrob Sabi. It is really grand, isn't it?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Oh, C Rose, Sabi is to die-for-gorgeous. Good choice!

I'm wearing Anthousa Fig & Vetiver for the SnS. I love this one, and would never have known about it nor had the pleasure of trying it, were it not for the ministrations of a kind and generous BNer.

Take care, all!

Happy May Day to all! And big hugs to our lovely Chaya, who's missing her late Mom today. We love you, sweetie. May her memory be for a blessing.

Fruity SNS is my nemesis, as the only fruit notes I like in my scent are citrus/orange and plum. But in the spirit of the day, today I visited our wonderful SomervilleMetroMan at his Perfume School gig at Sak's... And bought Diptyque's L'eau De Tarocco. This stuff absolutely SINGS on my skin and makes me very happy to boot. Notes include orange, grapefruit, rose, cinnamon and saffron. Delightful! And damn hard to find in Boston since the Diptyque store on Newbury St. closed. Sak's was good enough to order for me from their NYC store, and give me the Perfume School discount to boot.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Plus

Happy May Day

I'm travelling with only 4 samples so I really have nothing for this month's SnS category with me.....Chanel #5 Eau Premiere is keeping me fresh and fragrant

Tabarome Millesime by Creed

Chez Bond by Bond No.9
    Gary

Givenchy Hot Couture today. I find this to be such a sexy fragrance. I love it!

Happy Birthday, Therese!!!!

I wanted to give your doggie kudos for going to work with you.
    I hope you had an extra fragrant day.

Today I wore the new Chanel Chance Tendre from a sample.
    No, I will not be buying a bottle.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 2nd May 2010 at 03:58 AM.
    Evenstar

Happy birthday Therese!

SoTMorning: Aramis Havana (and garden soil)... SotAfternoon...Chanel Pour Monsieur (and garden soil, pulled grass, and perspiration) SoTEvening: Chergui (on clean slightly sunburned skin... will wear that to bed.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Therese, it's your birthday! May 1 is a lovely day for a birthday!
    Here's wishing you many returns of the day...

Last edited by Haunani; 2nd May 2010 at 06:11 AM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

My last drops of Diorissimo vintage, First of may in France is Muguet Day
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.