Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Saturday 1 May

Did you know that May Day is Lei Day in Hawai'i? I'll bet our RainDropSparkle is sporting a lei today! Here are garlands of plumeria (frangipani) for all of you:

Photo by Kristi Middleton

My SotD is Keiko Mecheri's Ume, for the Sniff 'n' Speak fruit fest.

SotE;
    Ange ou Démon
    de Givenchy

Blog Entries

Oh, many things to discover for a novice!
    I didn't know about the S&S, so I didn't prepare myself with the fruity fragrances for a trip... but lucky lucky, I got among my samplers a Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey, so I got it out and tried it on!

Now, there's no fruit in the name, but it's certainly in the notes -- I read a description which includes black currant in the top notes, nectarine in the middle and peach in the base. Conversely, there's honey in the name -- but not in the notes and not in the juice so far!

I smell a very delicate nectarine/peach in a slight wind of florals coming from a far. This is not a peach you're eating, it's juice is dripping down your chin, and it's not a platonic idea of a peach in Mitsouko. This is a peach sitting on a plate, the plate is sitting on a table, the table is on an open patio, you're smelling the blooming garden, you're about to have that peach for breakfast, and the whole day is ahead.

Have a good day ahead of you, everyone!

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

Victoria Secret 'Good Day Sunshine' It was a gift and really its not bad! Ripe peach and blue freesia notes whatever that means. Not long lasting but thats OK sometimes you want to expierment with other fragrances through out the day. I'm in one of those moods today. Hey, I forgot I wanted to try my new samble of Delrae 'Bois de Paradis' maybe later. Have a good wk-end everybody!!

Oh, Haunani, those leis are so lovely... (I lived in Hawaii as a little girl, we were always making leis for visitors from the plumeria and gardenia bushes in our yard)

I flunked S&S, though I gave it a try! I started in Un Jardin sur le Nil... nah, too melony. No need to wash it off, it's gone in an hour. Then Un Jardin en Mediterranee. No, don't want to be a fig, however fragrant, today. Then I spritzed on some Libertine, which I find pretty, but just wasn't in the mood for. It feels too young for me. So, having exhausted the fruit options in my wardrobe (unless you count a barely there middle note here and there), I gratefully retreated to my new heartthrob, Sabi. NOW I'm happy... and have identified a hole in my wardrobe, I don't have any fruity fragrances that feel sophisticated or green enough.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    I flunked S&S, though I gave it a try!
    Oh, honey, you’re getting an A+ from Quarry School.
    I’ve noticed you’ve been writing about your heartthrob Sabi. It is really grand, isn't it?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Oh, C Rose, Sabi is to die-for-gorgeous. Good choice!

I'm wearing Anthousa Fig & Vetiver for the SnS. I love this one, and would never have known about it nor had the pleasure of trying it, were it not for the ministrations of a kind and generous BNer.

Take care, all!

Happy May Day to all! And big hugs to our lovely Chaya, who's missing her late Mom today. We love you, sweetie. May her memory be for a blessing.

Fruity SNS is my nemesis, as the only fruit notes I like in my scent are citrus/orange and plum. But in the spirit of the day, today I visited our wonderful SomervilleMetroMan at his Perfume School gig at Sak's... And bought Diptyque's L'eau De Tarocco. This stuff absolutely SINGS on my skin and makes me very happy to boot. Notes include orange, grapefruit, rose, cinnamon and saffron. Delightful! And damn hard to find in Boston since the Diptyque store on Newbury St. closed. Sak's was good enough to order for me from their NYC store, and give me the Perfume School discount to boot.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Happy May Day

I'm travelling with only 4 samples so I really have nothing for this month's SnS category with me.....Chanel #5 Eau Premiere is keeping me fresh and fragrant

Tabarome Millesime by Creed

Chez Bond by Bond No.9
    Gary

Givenchy Hot Couture today. I find this to be such a sexy fragrance. I love it!

Happy Birthday, Therese!!!!

I wanted to give your doggie kudos for going to work with you.
    I hope you had an extra fragrant day.

Today I wore the new Chanel Chance Tendre from a sample.
    No, I will not be buying a bottle.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 2nd May 2010 at 02:58 AM.
    Evenstar

Happy birthday Therese!

SoTMorning: Aramis Havana (and garden soil)... SotAfternoon...Chanel Pour Monsieur (and garden soil, pulled grass, and perspiration) SoTEvening: Chergui (on clean slightly sunburned skin... will wear that to bed.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Therese, it's your birthday! May 1 is a lovely day for a birthday!
    Here's wishing you many returns of the day...

Last edited by Haunani; 2nd May 2010 at 05:11 AM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

My last drops of Diorissimo vintage, First of may in France is Muguet Day
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.