Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default TODAY I BOUGHT: May 2010

Summer's coming!!!

I'm enjoying May by buying L'Artisan Parfumeur Havana Vanille.

Enjoy a new good month everyone

Default Re: TODAY I BOUGHT: May 2010

I have heard very good things about that though I have yet to smell it myself.
    Not sure if this was the intention of the thread, but the fragrance I bought to kick off May with was Lacoste Essential.
    Have a good one.
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10
    On The Way : YSL Body Kouros
    Wish List : Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome.
    Open To : Recommendations of samples.

Cereus
    No 4
    Just perfect for the hot days coming...

Cool, I just realized it's May! I kicked it off yesterday with purchases of MPG's Centaure and Parfum d'Habit (both vintage).

The Maison Francis Kurkdjian line appeared here today - wasn't expecting to see that happen!

Tried most of them on paper and bought APOM Pour Homme (pour moi) and APOM Pour Femme (pour . . . a friend )

Cologne Pour Soir is intriguing and first impressions of Aqua Universalis also good. And the Pear Bubble Blower is cool - got one of them.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Via our great marketplace, I've just bought myself;

100ml vintage Insensé de Givenchy
    100ml Monsieur de Givenchy, pre-mythological
    A used 50ml Black Orchid by Tom Ford, approx. 40ml left
    A 100ml backup bottle of vintage Poison, EdT Splash

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st May 2010 at 05:47 PM.

Vintage Habit Rouge EDC, and a large decant of vintage C&S 88.
    Last edited by WillC; 1st May 2010 at 05:36 PM.

Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Flora Nimphea by Guerlain - it`s MAY!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default TODAY I BOUGHT: May 2010

Just picked up a bottle of Marc Jacobs Fig. It starts out with loads of white floral and musks and I thought ah, hell. However, let it dry for a minute and it's surprisingly pleasant and natural smelling. Not bad for the price!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Guerlain
    Habit Rouge (vintage)

Blog Entries

got A*Men today

A L L U R E
    H O M M E
    S P O R T

Sur la Plage

Well I didn't buy it, but I received a gift from a VERY generous BNer - a 10ml bottle of Ava Luxe Midnight Violet extrait. It is truly spectacular.

Notes include Violet, Blue Iris, Orris, Earth, Black Hemlock, Galbanum, Pink Pepper, Cinnamon, Cedar, Sandalwood, Incense, Wood Balsam, Moss, Civet, and Cashmere Musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Killian's Love
    Creed SMW
    & more MKK

L'Artisan Patchouli Patch.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Banned

Just bought a bottle of Thierry Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum 32ml

Great picture by Nathan Branch.

Cool Re: TODAY I BOUGHT: May 2010

Parfums de Nicolaï New York

At long last, I own 100mL of the first FBW sample I ever tried. Love is a wonderful thing... [beams]

Creed Sublime Vanille. Love this one and the longevity isn't bad on me.

Blog Entries

Continuing with my sample and decant purchases in 2010 I just bought some carded samples of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche blind. This is another one I've been wanting to try, but no stores near me have a tester.

Left to Right.

Hermes Eau De Pamplemousse Rose, Hermes:Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, Cartier:Roadster, Armani: Diamonds
    Last edited by thierry mugler; 3rd May 2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Ordered a while back when the line came back on stream at LS and received today:

MPG Santal Noble. I have only ever tried the new mix and I love it - maybe one day I'll come across the vintage but this is just fine.

Also PdN Sacrebleu - had already tried this, and Maharadjah - blind buy, but hardly living dangerously given the reviews and comments from individuals here. Kudos to the House of Ms. Patricia Nicolai for offering excellent scents in 30ml bottles - what a class act, and just so damn SENSIBLE.

Samples of Tribute & Invasion Barbare which I have been wanting to try for a while and another Antico Caruso . . . to keep me going for now.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 3rd May 2010 at 06:15 PM.

Pour Un Homme by CARON 4.2 oz EDT

Zirh Ikon 2.5, Blue Sugar 1.7, and Paradox Green 1.7
    Big day!

Finally gave into my lust after Body Kouros. And now that Havana has been reissued, I strongly doubt I'll make it more than a couple of weeks before I own a bottle. Holding out for Creed's new Woods and Spices. . . can't wait. . .

Parfums de Nicolaï New York
    L'Artisan Tea for Two

Didn't just buy it, but have only just received one of the last 2 bottles of Fumurie Turque in Australia. Hells yeah.

Tom Ford Extreme: Tom Ford

Just ordered a 30ml bottle of Parfums Nicolay New York from Luckyscent.

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa and Serge Lutens Gris Clair. Two fragrances I have wanted for some time. I am very happy!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Again, not bought, but received in the mail through the generosity of a fellow-Basenoter (Thanks, Joe!)

Richard James
    Savile Row
    (2003)
    Yves Cassar
    Floral Suede
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Mandarin, Starched Shirt Accord, Ginger, Green Tea, Lemon Petitgrain, Rosemary, Basil
    Middle Notes: Cardamom, Coriander, Tuberose, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Lavender Absolute
    Base Notes: Suede Note, Patchouli, Tobacco Absolute, Amber, Vetiver, Musk, Oakmoss
    ------------------
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Finally gave into my lust after Body Kouros. And now that Havana has been reissued, I strongly doubt I'll make it more than a couple of weeks before I own a bottle. Holding out for Creed's new Woods and Spices. . . can't wait. . .
    they are also making white flowers, an eau de cologne and an amalfi flowers fragrance too according to them. I cannot wait to check them all out.

Dependent

A back up bottle of MKK

Acteur by Azzaro. Had to grab one before the prices hit the roof. LOL.

Tiffany for Men.

I decided to find a back up as my 100ml is getting some use and I strongly suspect this will be reformulated soon, if not already. No 100mls in Hong Kong but one of the stores had a 50ml, which sorta works better for me.

Chanel's Allure pour Homme as a gift for a friend. I'm really curious about this one because I see it's a love or hate fragrance.
    Last edited by PaveLL; 5th May 2010 at 12:19 PM.

Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau.
    Last edited by Furriner; 15th May 2010 at 01:22 AM.

I went to Paris today and headed straight to 31 Rue Cambon for Chanel No 22 and Cuir de Russie parfum. I also managed to swing by Guerlain and Caron, but didn't actually get anything from them, which I kind of regret.

ChanelParis.jpg
    Last edited by tott; 5th May 2010 at 11:16 PM.

MPG Parfum d´Habit

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    Cool, I just realized it's May! I kicked it off yesterday with purchases of MPG's Centaure and Parfum d'Habit (both vintage).
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Ordered a while back when the line came back on stream at LS and received today:

MPG Santal Noble. I have only ever tried the new mix and I love it - maybe one day I'll come across the vintage but this is just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    MPG Parfum d´Habit
    Good to see some MPG's here guys. It feels so good to be able to buy them again!

@mr. reasonable....mate there is a vintage MPG Santal Noble listed on ebay....Grab it before you lose it to another basenoter....It's gorgeous stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    MPG Parfum d´Habit
    Good to see some MPG's here guys. It feels so good to be able to buy them again!

@mr. reasonable....mate there is a vintage MPG Santal Noble listed on ebay....Grab it before you lose it to another basenoter....It's gorgeous stuff.

Paloma picasso

eric b

Talking Re: TODAY I BOUGHT: May 2010

Nuff said.

Just ordered 50ml bottle of CARAMELLA CHE PIZZICA from Antimateria, 100ml bottle of Hesperides from LE ESSENZE DI MEZZANOTTE and a 50ml bottle of Spezie de Medici from i Profumi di Firenze which is for an anniversary present next month.

Good to see some MPG's here guys. It feels so good to be able to buy them again!@mr. reasonable....mate there is a vintage MPG Santal Noble listed on ebay....Grab it before you lose it to another basenoter....It's gorgeous stuff.
    If the MPG SN you're referring to on ebay is the one which is listed for $139.99, I can attest to it being vintage and high-quality. Luckily, I found him before he knew what he had (got two bottles for $60/each). I was initially concerned when I ordered it (2X) because it was in Kuwait. I feared the heat might have done it in. Thankfully, though, I received it - it's the 90ml vintage juice - and it's WONDERFUL. Just thought I'd throw in my experience because I had reservations about purchasing it from that part of the world. It's a safe buy.

Last edited by Orgoglio italianO; 6th May 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Pour Un Homme by Caron (from the BN boards)

Have been wanting this for quite some time, so it's nice to finally have it in my wardrobe. I'm thinking this is going to be an evening, post-shower standard for me. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Pour Un Homme by Caron (from the BN boards)...Have been wanting this for quite some time, so it's nice to finally have it in my wardrobe. I'm thinking this is going to be an evening, post-shower standard for me. Looking forward to it.
    What a great fragrance to relax by! And you're going to smell yummy! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post

Muchos gracias for the thought, gupts! It is good to see MPG visible again - LS threw in samples of Centaure & Parfum d'Habit with my recent order which was thoughtful of them. I have vintage Garrigue and Eau des Iles already. Eau des Iles seems a bit of a challenge for some - it is an odd one. I was coming thru customs in Shanghai a few months ago and the nice man in a blue uniform wanted to know what I had in the little metal tube in my check in bag. I sprayed a blast on my wrist and held it up to his nose (so he could ascertain it wasn't nitro glycerine or whatever) and he almost got whiplash from the way he jerked his head back. Not one of us, then
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 7th May 2010 at 05:30 AM.

Sur la Plage

Yves Saint-Laurent Opium Parfum

Top notes: Cinnamom, Pepper, Orange, Pimento
    Middle notes: Carnation, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-Ylang
    Base notes: Vanilla, Benzoin, Patchouli, Opoponax

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Green Irish Tweed 30 mL
    Thought I needed it if I'm to call myself a fragrance collector...
    Last edited by Snafoo; 7th May 2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Burberry for Men.

Guerlain's Jicky EdT & PULP from Byredo

Just ordered Gris Clair.... my first Serge Lutens!! Parfum1 has been having a 20% off sale and Gris Clair was nowhere to be found... until today! Hurray!

Blog Entries

Continuing with my commitment to myself to buy fewer bottles, and more decants/samples, I recently bought a lot of 5 carded samples of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche off ebay. This is another one that has been on my "Test" list for a while, but I haven't been able to find a tester.

Sur la Plage

Ralph Lauren - Polo Crest

Top notes: rosemary, artemisia, caraway, juniper berries, basil and bergamot
    Middle notes: carnation, jasmine, caraway, rose, pine tree needles and geranium
    Base notes: leather, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and cedar

Had some fun at TPC... Picked up large decants of Caron's Tubereuse in parfum extrait and Serge Lutens' Sarrasins, as well as a bunch of Caron samples and a sample of Berdoues' Violette Divine ( the notes really drew my curiosity - I'm hoping it smells like Midnight Violet with tuberose, though it likely won't ). The Caron Tubereuse is a blind buy, but Sarrasins has been haunting me with its chilly jasmine, and I just couldn't eek out my sample any longer.