Code of Conduct

Default Attempt to sway my choice

I'm looking to buy a fall/winter/ and occasional summer/spring night fragrance. A bit of a "do it all" fragrance. I've narrowed the choices down to:

1. Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme
    2. Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    3. YSL La Nuit De L'Homme

Currently my cold weather scents are Boucheron's Jaipur Homme, and Endymion by Penhaligon's.
    Pros/cons? What do you guys think? Right now I'm leaning toward DGPH.

Default Re: Attempt to sway my choice

I have never tried the latter two and have only smelled the D&G PH on my own skin once (usually on others) but it is always very versatile. I borrowed my friends to wear to a party yet I have caught whiffs of it on a lifeguard at the swimming baths, on my uncle out and about, etc. It also projects really well. Has decent longevity. But once again, I have not smelled the other two.
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10
    On The Way : YSL Body Kouros
    Wish List : Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome.
    Open To : Recommendations of samples.

Blog Entries

I would go with door number 3 - the YSL. Versatile as can be. I like the other two, but I tend to think of PE as a fancy fougère for hot weather. I don't own the D&G, but I agree that it is very versatile.

Gucci Pour Homme 2. Versatile as they come.

For versatility, I love my Paul Smith Extreme.

I've owned all 3, and my vote is La Nuit by a mile. It's much better and long lasting than L'Homme. It has a sweet, smoky vanilla drydown that I never get tired of. I call it L'Homme intense for those who like the original but want something that lasts longer than an hour.

Platinum Egoiste and D&G are really good, don't get me wrong. I just think La Nuit is more interesting.
    Last edited by Naitch; 1st May 2010 at 08:46 PM.

To be the man you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOO! And right now I'm the man looking for my enforcer!! It's looking like DG is gonna be my Double A!! But La Nuit is number 2 and will get serious consideration when I head to the store. I'm intrigued by the alleged "smokey, chocolatey spiciness." Heck, I'm working overtime this week, I might just get both.

Quote Originally Posted by westpac690 View Post
    To be the man you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOO! And right now I'm the man looking for my enforcer!! It's looking like DG is gonna be my Double A!! But La Nuit is number 2 and will get serious consideration when I head to the store. I'm intrigued by the alleged "smokey, chocolatey spiciness." Heck, I'm working overtime this week, I might just get both.
    Well, still a good choice. You get both though and you'll kiss all the girls & 'em cry. WOOOOOOO!!!