Code of Conduct

Exclamation New Thierry Muglar Fragrance on the horizon for 2010

18 years after Angel and 5 years after extraordinary Alien, Thierry Mugler is saluting femininity. The new edition will thrill all fans of his creations. It is named Womanity and it arrives in stores in autumn 2010. Thierry Mugler with Womanity plans to launch (for the third time) a bestseller perfume and which will attract the public for years. Euphoria and positive mood before launching the third 'big' edition for women can be felt in the air!

Womanity is a word created to connect femininity, humanity and city. An overture to this edition began in March 2010 when Mugler launched Womanity.com web site with an idea that every woman cooperates in its creation and finishing touch. With an aim to create contents for the website, one story is finished by several women, each of them writing on her page. Contest asks women to give creative ideas for a particular project or cause. The winner will work with Mugler to finish the website.
    Fragrance WOMANITY was created as a part of this phenomenon, in a pink flask. Connections between women are presented as chains and ring on top of the flask which is decorated with metal frieze with symbolic design. Design of the top part of the flask and beautiful frieze figures can be interpreted as Gothic or Art Deco style. Mugler's idea was however that the frieze encapsulated and depicted women of all generations.

Composition of Womanity was created by Mane, as a powerful contrast of elements. By using the new molecular process of extraction, Mane manages to extract natural aromas of fig for sweet accords. Savory notes originate from caviar and the structure in ensured by fig wood aromas. Pierre Aulas, olfactive director of Clarins Fragrance Group, says that it is a true challenge to work on Mugler's idea of combining savory and sweet notes.Womanity will be available in three amounts – 30, 50 and 75 ml EDP. Besides the fragrance, the collection is accompanied by perfumed shower gel and body milk and body cream, 200 ml each. In accordance with environmental awareness of users, the flask was created as refill edition, and outer carton is minimal, without leaflets and additional accessories. The outer carton was designed in a special way; when you open it, you will see the idea about the fragrance printed on the inside. courtesy of WWD and photo Thierry Mugler Parfums
    Last edited by scentimus; 4th August 2010 at 05:31 PM.

Default Re: New Thierry Muglar Fragrance on the horizon for 2010

Side Note

I was able to get an advanced sampling of this scent and I have say it is so sweet like candied figs. There is no florals or woods patchouli to contrast the sweetness that makes it a solid block. The small sample I had on the back of my hand lasted over 24 hours and would not wash off this is a very powerhouse scent like original Angel for women. I feel this is a low for the Mugler house and reading this bio they mention caviar and I did not detect any of that in this fragrance gosh fish eggs would have really put this candy scent over the edge.

My friend works for Mugler and said they had a newbie coming in September in the UK. She would not tell me the name and infact said she was having problems even saying the word. Now I know why. Seems Mugler are worried if it will take off or not as it is so different from Angel and Alien. The latter could a while to become a seller.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Controversial, as always, but I usually come around to liking his stuff. Check this one out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/fashion/02MUGLER.html

So far, I can only comment on the bottle - I like the cap, which looks to me a bit like Hopi overlay metalwork, but with the usual Muglerian futuristic twist. Nice.

The model with the helmet? OMG - SO MUGLER!

You got my hopes up, and then it ends up being a woman's fragrance. D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    You got my hopes up, and then it ends up being a woman's fragrance. D'oh!
    Oh the womanity...

Damn you, the topic title got me excited and then you post info on a new female fragrance... in the male fragrance discussion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Oh the womanity...
    *LOL*

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    Damn you, the topic title got me excited and then you post info on a new female fragrance... in the male fragrance discussion.
    More LOL. Point well taken. We have to suck it up and wear this one to make this thread valid, guys. Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Who's with me?
    A fragrance with notes of fish roe, with a name that sounds like a portmanteau of "woman" and "manatee", that is so sweet it's turning fans of even the sugar-monster Angel off? How could I not want to try this. Sometimes a great disaster is almost as entertaining as a great fragrance...

Sur la Plage

We have to suck it up and wear this one to make this thread valid, guys. Who's with me?
    I'm in!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    A fragrance with notes of fish roe, with a name that sounds like a portmanteau of "woman" and "manatee", that is so sweet it's turning fans of even the sugar-monster Angel off? How could I not want to try this. Sometimes a great disaster is almost as entertaining as a great fragrance...
    LMAO

As a certain devilish cartoon suggests, "Nothing a little Hellspray can't fix!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    We should not look at fragrance as female / male here. There are many basenoters that wear fragrance for the enjoyment of it. I posted this for everyone to share this info.

Blog Entries

Loved this comment by "Devilbunnies" on NST:

P.S. I just noticed the weird metal helmet being worn by one of the women and ran screaming from the room.
    LMAO. But Sel de Vetiver (salt water, iris, vetiver) is a favorite, and my guess is that Mugler has found a balance between salt water, fig/sugar, and a weak wood, which may be just as interesting. The term "caviar" is probably just being used for freakiness and luxe appeal. It's just salt water, and brine odor works great in fragrances.

Looking forward to Manity LOL

I went to bloomingdales today and they had it in stock. The woman gave me a sample and I must say its the strangest women's fragrance I have ever smelt. At first, It smelt like a strong chocolate scent, and the scent kept changing for ten minutes then started to dry down. Not my favorite women's fragrance, but its a very unique fragrance. Never smelt anything like it.

You got my hopes up, and then it ends up being a woman's fragrance.
    Ditto.

I smelled it at Bloomies as well. It comes off as almost total fig. If it weren't Mugler I don't think anyone here would have anything positive to say about it, to be honest. Even the bottle isn't all that cool in reality.

I smelled the "peel-off" carded sample mailed to me and all I got was fig too--with a slight saltiness. Of course, I'm sure the real deal is different and more complex but I'm not a fan of the fig note anyway. I'm still going to test it later and see.

I have my sample had to twist the woman's arm to get it. Loads and loads of fig is what I got from the sprayed card. They had a sprayer in especially to promote it, my friend was no where in sight.
    DONNA

Here's a cool video I found :

I actually purchased this today from Bloomingdales as a gift. I really would love smelling this on someone.

Thanks for the video it was very interesting -I will admit the fig note is very diffrent very sweet then any other fig note I have smelled prior.

Controversial, as always, but I usually come around to liking his stuff. Check this one out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/fashion/02MUGLER.html
    Thierry Mugler... looks... fucking scary...

And keeping to Muglers theme, this thing last and last and last and last.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Thierry Mugler... looks... fucking scary...
    Yes - even without the NSFW "sausage", his look comes across strange. And I'm sure he knows it. You can just tell - anything is OK but a middle-aged paunch or a visibly receded hairline.

It's odd - I think the beauty (cough) and fashion industry is so focused (no pun intended) on eye-tracking metrics and crap like that, that anything is better than normal, no matter how strange. Givenchy's sickly thin models - they look like cleaned-up drug addicts, and yet they're almost impossible not to stare at. Thierry Mugler's futuro-erotic stuff - just weird, but competes with a train wreck for interest. Even Chanel photoshops models to the point where I feel like I'm going hot for a mannequin.

It's all so wrong, but it all works. Meanwhile, check out this Mugler weirdness from that article - the larger version of the photo. Betcha can't not look....

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...2mugler-3.html

Next to these gals, naming a fragrance "womanity" seems downright old-school.

Yes - even without the NSFW "sausage", his look comes across strange. And I'm sure he knows it. You can just tell - anything is OK but a middle-aged paunch or a visibly receded hairline.

It's odd - I think the beauty (cough) and fashion industry is so focused (no pun intended) on eye-tracking metrics and crap like that, that anything is better than normal, no matter how strange. Givenchy's sickly thin models - they look like cleaned-up drug addicts, and yet they're almost impossible not to stare at. Thierry Mugler's futuro-erotic stuff - just weird, but competes with a train wreck for interest. Even Chanel photoshops models to the point where I feel like I'm going hot for a mannequin.

It's all so wrong, but it all works. Meanwhile, check out this Mugler weirdness from that article - the larger version of the photo. Betcha can't not look....

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...2mugler-3.html

Next to these gals, naming a fragrance "womanity" seems downright old-school.
    LOL! Loved your observations.

Well, if Jean-Pierre Jeunet ever decided to direct an adult horror movie, Thierry Mugler should be approached for one of the lead roles. That's all I can say...

" http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...2mugler-3.html"

Read the article, did not see the picture. I agree T Mugler seems an oddball.

With regards to Womanity, I also got a sample card. The opening is sweet and bright, but not pungent. Fig for days and days follows.

on off subject - Muglar is not an ugly man but his evident abuse of steriods have affected both his face and body. granted I am into bulking up but some can take it to the extreme.

Here in Florida, a female seacow is called a "womanatee".
    Last edited by argogos; 5th August 2010 at 03:54 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Blog Entries

Stop bumping this and getting my hopes up!

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Stop bumping this and getting my hopes up!
    x2! Woops, did it again.

I'm really hoping for another fragrance in the "A*Men Pure..." line. Pure Coffee and Pure Malt were both brilliant. But alas, I'm quite sure that Sunessence was the sole 2010 men's offering. Hopefully we'll get something better in 2011.

This fragrance has a caviar note in it? Interesting...

Womanity is already on sale!
    Did any one try it?
    How it's like?
    Please tell me!
    Thank you!

Anyone?

See how the women's face says it all when she take a hit of the caviar note !

'm really hoping for another fragrance in the "A*Men Pure..." line. Pure Coffee and Pure Malt were both brilliant. But alas, I'm quite sure that Sunessence was the sole 2010 men's offering. Hopefully we'll get something better in 2011.
    Maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by I Sonny I View Post
    I emailed them for samples and they also told me to go to the stores to try them, but then i asked them if there was going to be any new releases and they told me to be on the look out for new summer and fall editions. So who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Sonny I View Post
    I emailed them again, asking what the new fall fragrance will be and they said that they will be releasing information in September.

I plan on e-mailing them and hope to get more info
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

They should release another men's fragrance! Give us some male version of Womanity.

I think the caviar note would be interesting, have never tried that in a fragrance bfore...An amalgamation of sweet and savoury, sounds very delicious. If I were to invest in a female fragrance for my fragrance collection for the first time, it'll most likely be this if everything turns out well and the reviews are good.

Reminds me of Paco Rabanne Black XS. It smells like a strawberry pie. You can actually smell the pastry in that fragrance. I think Womanity will be a step up from this! A more authentic fig note because of the new molecular extraction technique will ensure that you won't get something which merely smells synthetic like the strawberry note that you get from Black XS. The molecular extraction technique would definitely aid them with the salty and savoury note as well.

Can't wait!
    Last edited by Marshmellow; 8th August 2010 at 08:10 AM.