Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I bought.........May 2010

Absynthe by Christian Lacroix..

Default Re: Today I bought.........May 2010

After not liking this at first, then testing it for a few more days, I caved. I ordered a 3.4 oz tester of Angel. In the mail today I received my D & G #3, and a 'baby' each of Arpege and Versace's Bright Crystal. I could easily get addicted to minis. They're so cute!
    Last edited by whitelace; 19th May 2010 at 05:51 PM.

Most of my collection is minis! They are adorable and so cheap -- but I miss the spray.

Basenotes Institution

Yes, minis are adorable. I got a mini of Marc Jacobs pure parfum . I *like* the EDP but I want to see how different it is in parfum strength.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Online sale: vintage Amazone by Hermes!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Horizon - Guy Laroche
    Montana Parfum d'Homme - Montana
    Anthracite pour L'Homme - Jacomo
    Boss Bottled - Hugo Boss
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Last edited by Ronin; 21st May 2010 at 07:29 AM.

Basenotes Plus

blind buy off e-bay of boxed 60 ml splash bottle of eau de torrente arrived today. Can't find much info on it, but first test is thumbs up as a very clean and fresh scent-
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Aftelier Trefle Pur
    Tom Ford Azure Lime (not sure I want to keep this though)

please review the fragrances !!!! esp. versace Bright Crystal ! there doesn't seem to be much said about it in the directory.

Today I bought Diamonds and Emeralds (and something else that might be a gift) and 15 fragrances online (now I just have to figure out this whole pay pal thing- my first wins!)1.YSL Babydoll Paris edt new tester 1.7oz ; 14 miniatures THEY ARE SO CUTE !and a great way to try before investing in a whole bottle ! Some I Know I like or LOVE some I've just heard about.Ysatis ,cristobal,ellen tracy,escada sport country weekend,valentino gold,sunset heat escada,jil by jil sander,ivoire de balmain,anais anais,herve leger paris,xs pour elle ,mitsouko ,l'eau d'issey 4are edp 10 edt. ooooooh the data entry after testing all these !
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 23rd May 2010 at 04:52 AM. Reason: humor

I finally made it out to Tysons to get my Acqua Fiorentina by Creed. I also got refill bottles of Alien & Angel.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    please review the fragrances !!!! esp. versace Bright Crystal ! there doesn't seem to be much said about it in the directory.
    I just received my mini of Bright Crystal, and for me it's FB-worthy, on my list of soon-to-be purchases. Sorry I can't give much info except for me it's a wonderful fruity-pink juice if you like that sort. Lovely delicate floral notes too. A fragrance can't be too fruity for me, if that's any indication for you.

I've been enjoying my recent acquisition of Arpege EDT. To Arpege-lovers - any thoughts on whether the EDP is worth picking up? Is there a huge difference?

I made two very special purchases today off fellow BNers. I'd been testing Chanel No. 5. Love it. Splurged on a bottle of the parfum.

Also took the plunge and bought vintage Mitsouko EDC - unsniffed yet. I couldn't resist.

I am so looking forward to receiving these!

Today I ordered Hermes 24 Faubourg edp.... can't wait to receive it!!

Yesterday I had the winning bid for a partial bottle of Lanvin's My Sin,and today I won the bid for a mini of Mitsouko,and another for YSL Y.

Basenotes Institution

Ordered and received Black Gardenia .

Versace's Bright Crystal EDT tester - If you enjoy (very) fruity florals, give this a try. I have the mini but had to have a FB. Love that pink juice!
    Badgley Mischka EDP - A lovely, delicate & sweet floral (right up my street). I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist when I was testing a sample.

From the Badgley Mischka website:
    Top notes = Red Wild Berries, Peach, Ceylon Cinnamon.
    Middle notes = Osmanthus Flower, White Peony, Jasmine.
    Base notes = Suede Musk, Indian Sandalwood, Caramel Amber, Patchouli.

Ivoire de Balmain - Got this at a fabulous price and I couldn't resist. I mean, it was on my Wish List.

My credit card is still smoking in my hands.
    Last edited by whitelace; 27th May 2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: to add Badgley Mischka info

Basenotes Institution

I bought a 2ml spray sample of FM Lys Mediterranee - couldn't help myself- I so want to try this one.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 27th May 2010 at 01:23 AM.

Sweet Desire by Liz Claiborne ,i just bought, i like this smell, very much.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

35ml Cristalle, Eau de Parfum

Today I recieved Sa Majeste la Rose by Serge Lutens (And aalmost bought Guerlains Herba Fresca)
    parfyme.moo.no - et norsk parfymeforum
    Blog

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Hello to newcomers whose arrivals I've missed: Sophronia (I love the fragrance of F24 on others, not quite as successful at wearing it myself. Wish I could smell you), bookwyrmsmith (happy to sniff you wearing any of your classic purchases), lover (I don't know Sweet Desire, but giving you a welcome hug, too).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    This is not really a purchase report, but those of you who frequent the L'Artisan Parfumerie Facebook page know that I won a recent contest.

Whoa! This news makes my heart sing, my elbows swing and my hips wiggle. That's just great to hear. So happy for you.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Whoa! This news makes my heart sing, my elbows swing and my hips wiggle. That's just great to hear. So happy for you.
    Thanks for the happy dance, Miz Quarry, Queen of the Green!

L'Artisan Parfumeur Ananas Fizz, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Wednesday the 26th I bought Montauk and Central Park by Bond No.9 and got my free refill.....For my refill I picked Little Italy!!!
    Gary

Sur la Plage

Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory

Notes include bergamot, grapefruit, lavender, violet, incense, jasmine, iris, amber, wood resin and cedar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thierry Mugler Ice*Men 50ml
    Guerlain Idylle 100ml

* more shopping therapy is needed.

I have the following from swaps, BN purchases and fragrance discounters:

Caron Parfum Sacre
    Jivago 24K
    Oriens
    SL Fumerie Turque
    Chanel Sycomore (I swapped for some of this with a lovely BN'er and loved it, so I made another swap on MUA for more...so this is round 2)
    Le Baisur Du Dragon (round 2 for this as well...returned purchase of earlier this month. suffered returners remorse, then purchased again)

Sur la Plage

Serge Lutens Rousse

Notes include cinnamon, mandarin, nutmeg, cedarwood and amber.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Purchased at my local thrift store: an unopened 8 oz bottle of Thymes Goldleaf body wash for $3. Also picked up a full mini of Knowing perfume and a slightly used mini of O de Lancome for $4 each.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Earlier this month, I bought FBs (unsniffed) of Bellodgia and Ma Griffe. (Did I already post on these two?)

At the moment, I am happily sipping my tea, recuperating from my first ever Nordstrom Cosmetic Trend Show. What fun! I got a few things:

Laila (Geir Ness) purse set in a fabulous tote (reversible cream patent/blue) that contained gigantic bottle of EDP (3.4 fl. oz.), lotion, parfum mini (cute!), and some eye product. So I tried it before - it's a nice-enough fruity floral. I think the trick is waiting to get through the less-than-fabulous topnotes. I've had this on for an hour or so, and I really like it now (EDP layered with the lotion)

Plus some stuff from MAC, Kiehl's and a nice brush from Trish McEvoy.

The people at the event were pushing the new Balenciaga HARD. It was actually pretty annoying.
    Plus, I'm probably in the minority, but I am/was really not a huge fan... pretty bottle, though.
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 30th May 2010 at 01:07 AM.

I bought my GF L`occitane Cherry Blossom EDT. Smells reallllyyyy goooooddd, I tell yah!

Just took advaantage of the Bond No. 9 promotion and ordered the new fragrance, Montauk. Also ordered West Side and will receive Eau de New York as my refill. I also took advantage of a 15% discount so I am thrilled with all aspects of my purchases. Cant wait for my order to arrive!!

Today I swapped with a co-worker- she got my collection of Victoria's Secret (5)cologne sprays +(4)matching lotions all purse size from the garden collection(I had them since christmas of 2008 barely used ).I got 2 bottles #1 1.7 oz EDT,.33oz perfume of Elizabeth Arden Red Door-it smells alot like Sun Moon Stars EDTminus some fruit in the topnotes.Then I swung by Ross and found a gift set of EA Green Tea (a summer staple for me this is probably my third set/fifth bottle? It's very light so I use it quickly)$11.
    By the way the 14 minis have come and I've sniffed but not tried everything yet !Eau de My Sin came as well as the minis in EDT for YSL Y and Guerlain Mitsouko-very yummy chypres now I need to hunt FB/higher concentrations.
    The YSL Baby Doll Paris EDT full size tester wasn't the BD Paris but the limited edition BD Magic . The Ebay seller had the notes correct from the bottle tag so I am happy with it BD Magic is a lot like Burberry Brit Sheer with a touch more cedar/ LotV less siliage and less longevity.

Excited! Just bought a bottle of Jolie Madame on the Rei Rien site! Should probably have it by week's end! Yippee!

Basenotes Institution

My husband is a sweetie. He just ordered a bottle of Chanel Gardenia online for me .I'm so glad my post is just below RainDropSparkle's because she introduced me to Chanel Gardenia with a lovely generous sample spray of it. Thanks K !
    ( I wrote my own gift card though- DH thought that was funny !!! )

I haven't bought much myself this month, we're spending our money on an extension to our house which will soon be ready.

I did however celebrate my birthday this month and my darling husband brought me a collection of minis from Dior; J'Adore, Hypnotic Poison, Miss Dior Cherie, Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau and Dior Addict 2. All very fine, but the latter isn't so much to my taste. I'll save it for my daughter.

This week I went for a shopping spree online though, and got myself a 50 ml bottle of Juliette has a Gun Miss Charming and two discovery sprays from Molinard; Molinard de Molinard and Habanita, teamed with some soap. I'm still waiting for it all to arrive, can't wait!

Basenotes Institution

I've been wanting to re test the Les Exclusifs by Chanel properly,so I got a sample pack from The Perfumed Court.

I ordered bottles of Micallef Patchouli and CdG Daphne. I'm also waiting on an unsniffed purchase: Jeux de Parfums - Hollywood Stromboli 1950. It is supposed to have fragrances called Spearmint, Immortelle and Myrte in it that can be worn layered...or not.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 1st June 2010 at 05:12 PM.
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I bought.........May 2010

Eau de Lalique by Lalique.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

For $2.00, a boxed, sealed splash (stoppered) bottle of California Perfume Company (Avon) Lily of the Valley. Box says 1886-1999 so the bottle is no older than 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    My husband is a sweetie. He just ordered a bottle of Chanel Gardenia online for me .I'm so glad my post is just below RainDropSparkle's because she introduced me to Chanel Gardenia with a lovely generous sample spray of it. Thanks K !
    ( I wrote my own gift card though- DH thought that was funny !!! )
    Hi M! How nice of DH to get you a bottle of this one! Glad you enjoyed the sample...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Hi M! How nice of DH to get you a bottle of this one! Glad you enjoyed the sample...
    I LOVED the sample K ! Thanks so much - I appreciate it so much .

Revlon 'Lasting' Women's 3.4-ounce Eau de Cologne Spray