Code of Conduct

Thread: Joop!

Default Joop!

So I recently FINALLY tried Joop! and let me tell ya.. POWER
    The scent itself I'm not gonna talk about since it's pretty well known. (I do enjoy it a bit)
    The power is what I wanted to discuss. There all these myths on how Joop! can cause brain damage if too much is applied, and how you'd have to be a mad man to apply more than 2 sprays.
    Well.. with that said.. I decided to do 4 on each arm a few minutes ago, just to test how crazy it can be. I've rocked it now twice using only 1 squirt and it lasting pretty well with good sillage. Anyways so ya.. WOW.. The smell went right up my nose and no matter where I was in my room it just wouldn't go away, not to mention it actually made me light headed and dizzy. Ya.. no fragrance has ever done this to me. A few minutes after the dizzy spell wore off I had like a high, and was smiling from the state of astonishment, I'm still smiling typing this thread. Joop! in huge doses just makes me smile!
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 2nd May 2010 at 08:26 AM.

Default Re: Joop!

What gives me a tickle with Joop is-it's the ONLY FRAGRANCE I have that (no exxageration) makes me sneeze upon initial application. Always. Until, that is, I began to spray and breathe through my mouth for about 15 seconds or so, and then back to my nose. Talk about potent.

Yeah, it makes me sick and dizzy with even 1 spray.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Joop! Homme=power, indeed, but there is a scent that is equally powerful and easily available, seldom mentioned as a great power frag - Calvin Klein Obsession for men!

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Joop! Homme=power, indeed, but there is a scent that is equally powerful and easily available, seldom mentioned as a great power frag - Calvin Klein Obsession for men!
    Tried this one yesterday.. It has definetively NOT passed the test of time.. Hopeless out-dated!

I got the SA (he might be the manager, or maybe even the owner) in a local fragrance shop to talk about Joop! with me one day. Keep in mind this is a guy who works around lots and lots of fragrances all day long. He said, "Ya man, I put it on and it burned my nose!" Wow. That's some strong stuff.

Can't do it personally, but I can see the appeal. Just not for me.

Love that you actually tried a megadose. How cool and scientific. I can only imagine a dose like that would make you glow in the dark, too.

Joop! Homme is the strongest male fragrance that I have smelled.

I have it. I rarely wear it. It's a mood scent for me.

Have yet to try it, I know
    reading reviews like these make me hold off testing it even more
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Love this stuff and wore it today in 80 degree weather with a touch of humidity and it was perfect contrast to everyone around me wearing Aqua di Gio and such.

Last week I smelled Joop! Homme on a guy walking on the sidewalk in front of me. He was four yards in front of me and there was a strong cross breeze.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

You get a lot of bang for the buck with Joop. A 1oz. bottle goes a long way!

I remember about 10 years ago a co-worker of mine had this on. Every time time I'd walk by him I thought "he smells like he should use the bathroom". No joke. I had no idea he was wearing cologne. Later on somebody asked what he was wearing and he said Joop! That memory has never left me and no cologne I've ever smelled has had a scent like that. Joop literally makes me sick.

No offense meant to fans of this, but I've wanted to share that anytime I've seen a thread about this stuff.

I love this stuff...but there is a disclaimer: please 1 spray only (1/2 on each wrist for me)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    A few minutes after the dizzy spell wore off I had like a high, and was smiling from the state of astonishment, I'm still smiling typing this thread. Joop! in huge doses just makes me smile!
    If you keep saying things like this, the Authorities might start looking into it and ban it.

The main problem with Joop is that it is problematic wearing it with jumpers or jackets. Last time I wore it, the scent hung around strongly on my jumper for the next 12 days.

The alternative if you want something weaker, is Joop Aftershave splash applied like you would an EDT. It only lasts about two days.
    Whatever you do, don't apply it to your face. You can only do that safely if you've first applied an aftershave balm to protect your skin. Joop Aftershave Balm, however, is pretty good and lasts about nine hours.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by imrickjames118 View Post
    I love this stuff...but there is a disclaimer: please 1 spray only (1/2 on each wrist for me)