Code of Conduct

Default Scented Deodorant Recs?

My husband will NOT wear scent, but he will wear whatever deodorant I buy him. Recently I noticed Terre d'Hermes in deodorant stick form and have been curious ever since.

Can you guys rec other scents in a deodorant form? Preferably without alcohol, if that's possible?

Thanks!

Default Re: Scented Deodorant Recs?

I used to wear Brut deodorant occasionally. Also, Old Spice Lime is another one I've worn and liked. I don't have any experience with any more modern fragrance in a deodorant, though.

creed deodorant could work if you like their scents

What's the issue with scents?

Antaeus deo stick is great!

I've heard good things here about the Guerlain Homme stick. My favourite sticks I've tried are the Zirh (Original, Ikon, and Corduroy) deodorant sticks.
    I refuse to sink.

He didn't grow up around scent or men who used it, so he thinks it's kind of fussy. Let it be known that he used to think it was fussy to use SOAP in his hair until we met.

I want to SMELL things on him because he is so gorgeous, so I am thinking of ways of sneaking them on. Thus, scented deodorant.

I use Axe deodorants (stick). They smell good and they work really well as deodorant / antiperspirant. Some of the other "fragrance" deodorants I've used before don't really work all that well as deodorants. Also, your husband might be more likely to use Axe as opposed to Guerlain if he doesn't like fragrances.
    Last edited by Handsome Toad; 2nd May 2010 at 10:52 PM.

Calvin Klein Contradiction for Men deodorant is great stuff. So is the bar soap. Much better than the cologne. Heavier on the sandalwood, missing the odd sour note in the cologne. Spicy and sexy. My wife loves this one on me. Kinda hard to find; jump on it if you do find it. Especially the amazing bar soap - it's wonderful.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 2nd May 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Kinda off topic but what would be THE best non-scented deodorant?

I work out quite a bit so it has to be able to keep the sweat away or at least the smell. But on the other hand I don't want to mix it with my e.g. DH. So that's why scentless only.

On second thought, I'd say just purchase the fragrance you want him to wear, distract him with breasts, and put some on him. My ex-girlfriend used to use that technique on me when she wanted to squeeze a wayward pimple on me or otherwise inflict pain. Worked every time... and I didn't seem to mind it so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by latelittlesleeper View Post
    He didn't grow up around scent or men who used it, so he thinks it's kind of fussy. Let it be known that he used to think it was fussy to use SOAP in his hair until we met.
    Good luck. He didn't even like shampoo because it was "fussy?"

There are a ton of deos related to frags, especially in the designer frag world. I haven't tried the Creeds, but they're probably pretty good. Zirh probably makes a pretty good product.

It may require some trial and error. I've sampled a few of the designer deodorants and some are not so effective.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 3rd May 2010 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrialSmoothing View Post

I work out quite a bit so it has to be able to keep the sweat away or at least the smell. But on the other hand I don't want to mix it with my e.g. DH. So that's why scentless only.
    I like Clarins for Men myself.

Most deodorant sticks aren't very strong scent wise - I've got a bunch of them, mainly because they came in gift sets where it was cheaper to bu the EDT and deodorant stick, than to buy the EDT alone.
    Ever since they went for the "Without Alcohol" business, which made them harder, their scent output has dropped (but they last longer).

The notable exception is the Dolce and Gabbana (D&G) Homme one, which is a bit of a power house.
    I'm sure there must be others around like it, but unfortunately one can't test deodorant sticks in store.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Good luck. He didn't even like shampoo because it was "fussy?"

There are a ton of deos related to frags, especially in the designer frag world. I haven't tried the Creeds, but they're probably pretty good. Zirh probably makes a pretty good product.

It may require some trial and error. I've sampled a few of the designer deodorants and some are not so effective.
    when i can i will purchase a creed deodorant and report here and tell yall how it is, i heard they are wonderful

Baking Soda

I really like the Kouros deodorant stick.
    It smells really nice and soapy but has none of the notes found in the cologne that might offend some noses.

acqua di parma stick
    azzaro PH
    farenheit

Zirh Ikon, Corduroy
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Perry Ellis Reserve is nice. Gucci Envy and Azzaro Visit too. Similar to their respective frags. I suppose introducing him to a pleasant smelling deo stick could get him interested in scents. Can I ask what he washed his hair with if he felt soap was fussy. For myself lately I choose fragrance free products and wear cologne, edt, edp when I want scent. If I don't want scent I don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    when i can i will purchase a creed deodorant and report here and tell yall how it is, i heard they are wonderful
    I sprung for Original Santal deodorant stick. It smells very nice, goes on nice and smooth, and the fragrance lasts a while. Only problem: not so great at the deodorant part. Might be good if you're not getting hot and sweaty, or can shower again in about six hours. Otherwise, beware: not quite strong enough for guys.

But the Orignal Santal fragrance is still great stuff. . .

Basenotes Institution

Vetiver by Guerlain and Knize Ten by Knize Ten make great deodorants.

acqua di parma stick would probably be really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Toad View Post
    I use Axe deodorants (stick). They smell good and they work really well as deodorant / antiperspirant. Some of the other "fragrance" deodorants I've used before don't really work all that well as deodorants. Also, your husband might be more likely to use Axe as opposed to Guerlain if he doesn't like fragrances.
    Axe Kilo antiperspirent/deodorant is a great choice. It has a nice Vanilla, woodsy, talc smell.

I also like Cool Water extremely mild deodorant stick and John Varvatos deodorant stick. Both of them last all day. I give the edge to the John Varvatos deodorant since it is anti-bacterial which helps eliminate odors better than plain old deodorant.

I recently found Christal (brand) of deodorant stick. This stuff is amazing. Basically it's a stick of some kind of mineral salt or something (Alum) mostly used in Thailand but they sell it at every local supermarket and drug store, or go online at amazon (read reviews too). It's the same $6-7 but lasts for 1-2 years apparently. Basically the "smell" you get has nothing to do with your own body, it's just bacteria living on your skin and they byproduce smelly gas. Take a shower, wet this stone, rub well all over your armpits, feet, ahem, anywhere, and voila! NO smell. I've been amazed by this thing. It's completely natural, and while there's still liquid perspiration, there's literally no smell, like from 8am to 12pm. the salt on your skin makes an inhospitable environment for the bacteria to live in.

I'm no tree hugger type, and I spent a few hours reading around to make sure it wasn't some sort of scam or dangerous. read the above links to amazon and wiki
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 4th May 2010 at 05:19 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Knize Ten by Knize Ten make great deodorants.
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt my finances to try a new deodorant ...

I usually use Grey Flannel or English Leather, which fit well with the rest of my wardrobe.

I prefer deodorant spray. Deo-stick does not protect enough, very little hard on my skin. Le Male AXE deodorant spray and the best I've had.