Code of Conduct

Default best fragrance free and non deodorized soap?

I have been trying to find a fragrance free and non deodorized soap so that it will not kill the longevity of my fragrances. Are there any frag free non deodorized soaps that one can find in a regular store?

Default Re: best fragrance free and non deodorized soap?

I use the whatever-store-version of Cetaphil skin cleanser for a non-scented, easy on the skin shower soap/face soap. The Target version is quite a lot cheaper than the Cetaphil brand and works just as well. It doesn't lather (which is why it's good for the skin) but does a good job cleaning.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    I use the whatever-store-version of Cetaphil skin cleanser for a non-scented, easy on the skin shower soap/face soap. The Target version is quite a lot cheaper than the Cetaphil brand and works just as well. It doesn't lather (which is why it's good for the skin) but does a good job cleaning.
    thanks very much Luna , I appreciate it.

I emailed them and they said they have fragrance in their soaps. i guess the search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I emailed them and they said they have fragrance in their soaps. i guess the search continues.
    Hmm. Must be a very faint fragrance chemical... I don't get anything at all from their liquid cleanser. (I haven't tried their bar soaps though so that could be.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried castile soap? I think you can get it unscented. It's pretty cheap too.

Here's an internet description:

Castile Soap is made for those with sensitive skin, or those allergic to soap. Pure Castile Soap is always 100% Olive Oil, not 'mostly' Olive Oil. Castile Soap is pure white with a touch of green, and always softer than other soaps because it contains none of the other oils which contribute hardness to a bar of soap. It acts as a humectant, drawing moisture from the air to your skin, and is wonderful to use. The bubbles are low and plentiful. Castile Soap has a luxurious reputation, not just because of its quality, but because of its history as well. Castile Soap was originally created in Castile, Spain, in the Mediterranean, originally made for the Queen of Spain in Castila, and is often still thought of as the Queen of Soap. It has sometimes been spelled Castille.

I like using it; it's worth a shot.

thanks Lyndy i will see what i can do

I recently discovered Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash.

http://www.aveeno.com/skincare/produ...fragrance-free

It's available in pretty much all grocery stores, pharmacies, or "big-box" retailers. It costs just a couple bucks more than other body washes, but you use less at a time since it lathers up much more nicely compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    The target brand of "cetaphil-like" lotion form skin cleanser definitely states "no fragrance" on the label, if that helps.

But, yes, Aveeno does have a non-frag line and is kind of pricey but good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend recommended to me the "Tea Tree Oil" soap sold at Trader Joe's a while ago. I was skeptical at first, but it turned out to work very nicely. It is made of pure vegetable soap (according to the label), faintly scented (with tea tree oil as you may guess), but the smell is completely gone within five minutes. I had tried some 'unscented' soaps before, and I could actually smell them for much longer, and they interfered with my fragrance. Unless you can't stand the smell of tea tree oil at all, I would recommend this soap as fragrance-friendly. Cheap, too.

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    I recently discovered Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash.

http://www.aveeno.com/skincare/produ...fragrance-free

It's available in pretty much all grocery stores, pharmacies, or "big-box" retailers. It costs just a couple bucks more than other body washes, but you use less at a time since it lathers up much more nicely compared to others.
    Thank you! I will see if I can find it

Post Thanks / Like

I use Simple bar soap. As far as I know, it's the only affordable unscented soap available in drug stores over here.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Post Thanks / Like

Soaps for babies are hypoallergenic. For guys who have ultra sensitive skin, they should use this type of soap.

I use good old 'Dove' soap, white, for sensitive skin, and unscented. I don't care for scented soaps since they irritate my skin. The 'Dove' shower creme soap works well for me too.

I found some Aveeno. We will see if it works.

I recommend Dial Basics. I think that's what it's called. It used to be called Pure & Natural, but they changed the name. Probably because it's actually impure and unnatural, but it is just good, plain, basic, inexpensive soap. Smallish bars, in a light green wrapper. Give it a try, let us know what you think.

well the aveeno seems to be working so far

Ivory

Cool Re: best fragrance free and non deodorized soap?

Try Basis (about $2) from Walmart or Clinique ($10) from Macys. Both work wonders.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with Dove too

At the high-end spectrum of soaps, Nesti Dante manufactures some very great unscented soaps, especially within the "Carolina e Eduardo" neutral soap product range

Post Thanks / Like

Imperial Leather Soap. Easily found in the UK, most British imports stores carry it in the US. Great washing experience.