Code of Conduct

Default Creed Fragrances

I'm looking to purchase a Creed Fragrance for my gf. I just wanted to know which one would be the best?

Default Re: Creed Fragrances

sample them out at saks, have her come along and see what she likes.

I'll second David's advice ( fragrance is a very personal thing ).

Also, if you're shopping at a place that sells Creed, they likely have a large selection. Feel free to explore with her around the fragrance counters and buy whatever turns out to be her favorite.

Hi fever, as the other replies say, best to sample them first as there are far too many to pick from. If you know what type she normally goes for eg. Citrus, Oriental, Chypre, Fougere, Floral then Basenote members would be able to give you some examples if you cannot get to a shop, or didn't want to take your girlfriend along, if you wanted to surprise her instead.

Blog Entries

First try Indiana Tuberose, then Jasmal. Be sure to wait at least a 1/2 hour (I'm not kidding!) for it to dry down on your skin to see if you really like it. The Jasmal especially. It seems dry at first but it mellows and is warm and sexy. You can try two at a time one on each hand or arm. Don't do too many or you will get confused. The new ones like Love in White & Love in Black are very sweet, which is fine if you are into that. I find they become cloying after a short time.

Edit: Also - Royal Water is a beautiful citrus you can share!
    Last edited by kumquat; 3rd May 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Why does it have to be a Creed fragrance ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    First try Indiana Tuberose, then Jasmal. Be sure to wait at least a 1/2 hour (I'm not kidding!) for it to dry down on your skin to see if you really like it. The Jasmal especially. It seems dry at first but it mellows and is warm and sexy. You can try two at a time one on each hand or arm. Don't do too many or you will get confused. The new ones like Love in White & Love in Black are very sweet, which is fine if you are into that. I find they become cloying after a short time.

Hi!
    You meaning Tubereuse Indiana? I agree, great fragrance, also Jasmal is, pure and natural smell of jasmin.
    But I suggest you Love in white, 'cause is soft oriental, tender white flower scent, and verry good option for beginners. Creamy, pleasant, ultrafeminine and really verry long lasting.

Blog Entries

Yes, sorry, I meant Tubereuse Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post

Brilliant recommendations! I might also advise Neroli Sauvage, perhaps the most unisex of all Creeds. That way you can swipe a quick spray now and then, too.

Try Silver Mountain Water on her. It's ravishingly good on women.
    Last edited by adonis; 4th May 2010 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Why does it have to be a Creed fragrance ?
    because they are good, timeless, classy and sexy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    because they are good, timeless, classy and sexy
    ... and oh so slightly overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    ... and oh so slightly overrated
    some are but they are good quality nonetheless, i only buy the ones i like, i agree some are not so hot but there is something for nearly everyone.

Creeds are excellent IMHO. I just bought My wife Spring Flowers, which is what she liked best from the samples that I gave to her that included, AF and LIW and the one chosen. It smells fantastic on Her!