Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, Vol. 2

Just starting the second of these epic threads here. I recently got Marc Jacobs Fig for $20 and am quite pleased.

Here's the last Marshall's thread for archival purposes
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/200...-at-Marshall-s
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, Vol. 2

my pickups in the last month:

ck obsession night
    gucci pour homme ii
    ck euphoria intense
    ysl opium

I just picked up Pi and John Varvatos yesterday. Almost bought Guess for Men and Azzaro PH. They were out of the Gucci PH 2 which is what I went to pick up.

Blog Entries

Found at the local Marshall's inside of the Great Mall in Milpitas, CA.

1 oz Azzaro Chrome $20
    4.2 oz Azzaro Chrome Legend $25 (I think?)
    1 oz Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme $20
    4.2 oz Zirh Corduroy $13 (I know, these are always there)
    4.2 oz Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey $50 (limited edition cement bottle with the spray painted text)
    1.7 oz Christian Audigier $30
    1.7 oz CK Euphoria Intense gift set w/ body wash $35

The rest, I didn't remember the prices of like original Lacoste, Lacoste Booster, Azzaro Pure Lavender and Pure Cedarat. They also had one bottle of Christian Lacroix's Tumulte. Whatever usual suspects at a typical Marshall's.

TJ Maxx here had lots of stuff last week aside from what is listed here I also saw, Passions for Men, Halston 1-12 and Z14, Lacoste, Drakkar Noir, Opium Pour Homme, Quorum (in many different size bottles), Cigar, there was one other that I thought was a good deal for the size of the bottle might have been Safari. I bought 1-12 for $9.99. I've already got most of the other stuff.

1.7 Ice Men $20 Bought this may not keep though.
    1.7 oz Christian Audigier $30
    Decleratin gift set $50
    Guess Suede
    Jaguar Prestge
    Issey intense set

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    The rest, I didn't remember the prices of like original Lacoste, Lacoste Booster, Azzaro Pure Lavender and Pure Cedarat. They also had one bottle of Christian Lacroix's Tumulte. Whatever usual suspects at a typical Marshall's.
    Tumulte is actually quite rare now and can sell for a princely sum on Ebay. I'd hop on that one.
    I refuse to sink.

Just got Marc Jacobs:
    Lemon Splash
    Cucumber Splash
    Gardenia Splash
    each for 19.99
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

@ Marshall's today, picked up Zirh Ikon 2.5 for 7.99!

New to my Marshalls:

Marc Jacobs Rain
    Marc Jacobs Lemon
    Marc Jacobs Cucumber
    CK Free
    Ck Be
    Lanvin L'Homme
    Fujiyama Homme
    Mustang Black

Now if they would only get some Marc Jacobs Pear and/or Orange, we'd be onto something.

I saw a few bottles of Muglar Cologne for $19.99.

I also saw those 1.7 oz Christian Audigier for $30. If I didn't already have a 3.4 oz tester I bought for $38, I'd snap this up.

The rest were the usual suspects.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

at the marashalls by my house i have bough
    gucci by gucci for homme
    gucci envy
    gucci pour homme
    gucci pour homme II
    azzaro chrome
    gues suede
    burberry brit
    burberry london
    boss selection
    all for $20-30

Blog Entries

bunch of John Varvatos classics at Marshalls today

Picked up a 1.7 of Porsche Design for 13.99 at TJ Maxx. It get's really bad reviews on here but I don't let that dictate what I like. There is a floral note, Juniper I think, that really shines in this. An underated aquatic in a genre that I normally don't care for too much.

I also really like the Porsche Design. I think it's a very competent fresh scent that is a bit different from everything on the market place. Not the generic aquatic the reviews make it out to be.
    I refuse to sink.

TJ Maxx had a Cartier Déclaration gift set, I think for $50.
    Last edited by Furriner; 7th May 2010 at 01:44 AM.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

wow where in the world are these stores at cause i only see a pile of crap at my local marshalls/tjmaxx's when i stop thru every other week or so as i kept seeing everyone else on the previous thread talk about the half decent stuff their local store carries.

@ Ross In Castro Valley, CA

JPG Le Male 2.5oz-$40.00

Herrera For Men 1.0oz-$20.00

Lacoste Challenge-?-$30.00

Ross - Guess Suede 1.7 oz 12.99, Phat Farm Atman 3.4 oz 12.99, Bvlgari Black (didn't see the bottle size, but it looked like the 1.3) 16.99, Le Male 2.5 oz (didn't see price)

Marshall's - Burberry London special edition 3.3 oz 39.99, Mugler Ice Men 1.7 oz 19.99

Blog Entries

bought Wings for Men today w/ an aftershave for $20...both 3.4oz but so far im really disappointed :-/ just smells like fresh laundry to me

Ross: Burberry The Beat for Men 1.7oz: 24.99
    Burberry London Special Edition for Men 3.4oz: 29.99

Snapped up the London Special Edition, would have bit on The Beat if I hadn't already got a gift set for cheap off Gilt.
    I refuse to sink.

I bought the John Varvatos Eye Serum at TJ Maxx today. I bought two for $12.99 apiece. I love the packaging, but I would not pay full price at Dillard's. Will it work? Who knows!

I also saw The Beat @ Ross today for 24.99, only it was the bigger 3.3 oz. -- strangely they had the 1.7 oz for the same price. I also saw they now have Bvlgari Black in the 2.5 oz for 26.99, and the smaller 1.3 oz for 16.99. Also confirmation for Le Male it's the 4.2 oz for 39.99 in can @ my Ross. So I guess they do a lot of the same prices for different bottle sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I also saw The Beat @ Ross today for 24.99, only it was the bigger 3.3 oz. -- strangely they had the 1.7 oz for the same price. I also saw they now have Bvlgari Black in the 2.5 oz for 26.99, and the smaller 1.3 oz for 16.99. Also confirmation for Le Male it's the 4.2 oz for 39.99 in can @ my Ross. So I guess they do a lot of the same prices for different bottle sizes.
    The 1.4oz Bulgari Blacks have always been 23 dollars at my Ross. Hopefully the next shipment of them will be 17 bucks, I'd snap on that.
    I refuse to sink.

Marshall's was packed with gift sets today: Nautica Voyage 29.99, Polo (original) 39.99, several Tommy Bahama's for 29.99, Nautica Oceans 29.99, Varvatos Vintage 29.99, Gift set with .5 oz Claibornes -- I believe it had Curve, Curve Crush and Lucky You for 16.99 (first time I've ever seen this particular set) Elizabeth Arden set with Drakkar Noir, Wings and 3 others for 19.99 (minis) CK coffret with 5 fragrances for 24.99.

Paris Hilton for Men 1 oz for 9.99, H2 by Hummer 2.5 oz for 14.99, and much to my disappointment (because I just ordered this and it just shipped) Azzaro pH 1.7 oz for 14.99. I just ordered one from ScentMonkey for 17 something

Also tonnnnnnnnns more stuff, they were packed to the gills. Check out your local Marshall's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Killer sighting!! I was just in a work meeting today, day-dreaming about fragrances, when it hit me that I craze Bvlgar Black in my collection! Good looking out fam!

With Father's Day around the corner they are stocked to the gills with Gift Sets.....I may have to take a look at the Porsche Scent!!!
    Gary

Last edited by rioni; 26th May 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Aramis 2oz: 19.99
    DKNY Be Delicious Picnic in the Park 3.4oz (mens and womans): 29.99

And a ton of gift sets, I don't remember all the specifics
    Dolce and Gabanna Pour Homme: 49.99
    Burberry Brit for Men: 34.99 at Marshalls, 59.99 at TJ Maxx (I don't know, you tell me. Exact same sets [3.4 EDT + body wash and a/s])
    Boss Pure: 29.99
    Nautica Oceans: 29.99 (3.4 EDT and A/S)

Picked up the Oceans gift set, I loved it when I sampled it.
    I refuse to sink.

I went to Marshall's last night of which the highlights were:
    Marshalls male fragrence selection:
    Burberry Brit and London,
    Dolce and Gabanna for Man
    Halston Z-14
    Perry Ellis 360

I was hoping to see a greater selecton as Father's Day is approaching (in the US.)

Female fragrence selection:
    Lolita Lempika
    John Varvatos
    Arden Green Tea

These store always have great deals on mens fragrances. All except A.J Wright! They never have any mens frags, always some kind of knock offs. I recently bought Slate by Banana Republic gift set for $19.99! 1.7 oz spray & 2.oz shower gel! & I also bought the original Tommy Bahama gift set. 3.4oz cologne, .5 mini spray & 2.7 deodorant stick which I wont use because cologne deodorants are no good, but for $30 compared to just the 3.4 oz spray that cost $25.00 I said why not?
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Lolita Lempicka 50ml 19.99
    Ellen Tracy 19.99
    Tommy Bahama Set 29.99
    Burberry London sets 49.99
    John Varvatos sets 29.99
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Tommy T men 100ml 19.99
    Burberry for men 100ml 29.99
    Prada EDP refill for women 29.99
    Kouros Gift Set 100 ml plus gel 37.00

Thats what I bought in San Francisco Marshalls and Ross.....The Kouros I bought it at Loehmanss
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUJIYAMA GENTLEMAN for $9.99. Anybody familiar with this?

Burberry London Special Edition 3.4 oz. $39.99
    Burberry Brit 1.7 $29.99
    Versace Baby Blue Jeans 1.7 oz. $14.99
    Dirty English 1.7 $16.99
    Last edited by Ronin; 30th May 2010 at 05:54 AM.

Which of the 3 stores usually stocks Aqva ?

the Burberry London special edition bottles that I see in my local TJ/ Marshall's is an EdP, clearly stated on the front of the box.

anyone care to comment on how this differs from the regular ol' EdT?

wasnt this femme version? because ive never encountered any edp limited for men
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by yrk View Post
    wasnt this femme version? because ive never encountered any edp limited for men
    I've thought about this as I'm not yet appropriately caffeineated on a Sunday morning, but if my memory serves me (which it sometimes does not) it was marked as the men's.

There's been a slew of selvedge Levi's 501s there at that TJMaxx lately so maybe I will venture back to see if I can snap up any others in my size and take a look!

Blog Entries

i got JOOP! Homme 1oz for $15 from the ladies section (its the pink bottle i guess?)

at mine theyve got a bunch of really crappy stuff right now...been awhile since ive seen anything worth buying

Picked up: Mugler Cologne 75 ml - $20; Perry Ellis Red 50 ml - $10; Perry Ellis White 100 ml $16; CK Be 100 ml -$25, at my local Maxx. There was also one bottle of Ice*Men, but I passed on it since I can't stand the stuff. About the only other things I saw worth mentioning would be Michael Kors Men, CK One, CK Euphoria Intense box set, and Gres Cabaret Men.

Blog Entries

wow where is the Mugler Cologne stashes!? ive been going to multiple stores weekly looking for the stuff and cant find it

Sexual Secret Man Set

I grabbed the single bottle there. I haven't seen any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    wow where is the Mugler Cologne stashes!? ive been going to multiple stores weekly looking for the stuff and cant find it

Blog Entries

I have read these many posts with envy. My local Marshal's has been bereft of anything of interest for some time now. I still check though just in case.

Blog Entries

two JOOP! Go's....what an awful blind buy, im pretty mad. i like JOOP! Homme and i was expecting something half decent...another garbage woodsy 3.4oz of junk. atleast it was only $18 and i -MIGHT- grow to like it like i have with many other frags

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Marshall's apparently doesn't distribute what Basenoters would consider top shelf equitably to various stores.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I think they target the demographic they believe shops each store. One of my nearby Marshall's has tons of fragrance, including some interesting stuff on occasion, in little individual clear plastic boxes. The other has one freestanding rack full of opened, torn boxes full of junk.

Non-discount stores do the same thing -- different Macy's, Nordstroms, and Sephoras have different degrees of high-end offerings.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I think they target the demographic they believe shops each store. One of my nearby Marshall's has tons of fragrance, including some interesting stuff on occasion, in little individual clear plastic boxes. The other has one freestanding rack full of opened, torn boxes full of junk.

Non-discount stores do the same thing -- different Macy's, Nordstroms, and Sephoras have different degrees of high-end offerings.
    at one of the local MARSHALLS...nothing good...except my old Design for 9.99....i wore this stuff in grade school....i picked up a bottle..

I have not been to my 3 or 4 Maxx stores for a while.....sounds like I need to make a trip to the Maxx.....Thanks to everyone for the updates!!!
    Gary

Spotted at Marshall's: Boucheron Homme and Michel Germain Deauville.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

i wish this was the logic behind marshalls product selection.
    The one near my house just opened and it is located in a very wealthy area, yet beside boucheron edt for 34.99 (1.7oz) its all crap.

The one near my college is located in a shitty area, but i did find some gems there: Opium EDT/EDP, michael kors 3.4 for 29.99, gucci envy 19.99, im pretty sure i saw pure malt but at that time i had no idea about it being rare/gem i thought its just another not worthy flanker.

If you are comfortable with this you can take out the fragrance from a set and try to buy it. My friend got a 3.4 burberry london for 29.99

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    the Burberry London special edition bottles that I see in my local TJ/ Marshall's is an EdP, clearly stated on the front of the box.

anyone care to comment on how this differs from the regular ol' EdT?
    More floral with more of a summer feel, very little sillage and projection, not really worth the money IMO, I bought a 3.4 oz @ Ross for 29.99 and ended up returning it.

ok id say it was a great day at the marshalls near my house.

i got a 3.4 Burberry london unboxed seems like 98% full for 9.99
    Escada pour homme 1.4oz for 19.99.

they had a bunch of Lanvin L'Homme 3.4 for 24.99 is it worth it?

Maybe you got thecolognist's returned bottle of London!
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

^^ haha

lol either way for 9.99 i dont care who returned it.

my only concern is that the bottle is very old...maybe an old tester or something.

how can i tell if its old? the serial is 023B09

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    lol either way for 9.99 i dont care who returned it.

my only concern is that the bottle is very old...maybe an old tester or something.

how can i tell if its old? the serial is 023B09
    I wouldn't worry as long as it's the real deal. I just looked at my London bottle and see no serial on the bottom, but it's definitley authentic because I got it as a gift, and that person bought it from the mall (unfortunately.. I hate giving the mall any business) But ya 10 bucks for even 1 oz of London is a steal. Treasure it.

Was near the local Maxx this morning so I decided to take a peek. Good thing I did, I scored one I've never seen there before, Cool Water Summer Fizz 4.2 oz. for $20. Looked it up on BN, read the positive reviews, and went for it. Very, very nice! I now feel fully armed for the upcoming scorching Southern California summer.

Also spotted were Andy Roddick, CK One Summer 2009, and DKNY Picnic in the Park. Anyone have experience with the DKNY?

(Double Post)
    Last edited by joxer96; 17th June 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Double post