Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, Vol. 2

Quote Originally Posted by joxer96 View Post
    Also spotted were Andy Roddick, CK One Summer 2009, and DKNY Picnic in the Park. Anyone have experience with the DKNY?
    Picnic in the Park is a wonderful Eau de Cologne version of Be Delicious that amps up the citrus and apple notes and lightens up the base a little bit. There's a little bit of an aquatic feel in the drydown. Even better is the Eau de Cologne version of Red Delicious, have a little one ounce version I picked up on the 'Bay. It's a much smoother, less aggressively synthetic version of the original Red Delicious that just smells, well, delicious!
    Last edited by Royal; 18th June 2010 at 03:53 AM.
    I refuse to sink.

I too saw Picnic in the Park, but it was 29.99 (3.4) and no opened boxes to smell. Back when this first came out I was very interested in trying it, because at the time I was a big fan of both Be Delicious and Red Delicious. With time though, I've noticed both of those to be highly synthetic both in feel and smell, and probably would never buy them again unless I could get a steal. Thanks Royal though for some info on PinP, because I was curious, and to this point, I've seen nothing about it

Yeah, thanks Royal. Sounds interesting, but I didn't care much for Be Delicious. I'm sort of relieved, the Father's Day inventory at TJ Maxx has put quite a dent in my wallet this last week.

Hehe, I just realized your avatar is Fiddlesticks. We should have a basnotes team . . .

I recently spotted:
    -Cool Water, .5 oz for $9.99
    -Boucheron EDP
    -tons of Lolita Lempicka, regular and "L"
    -Bulgari, some jasmine variety
    -Éclat d'Arpège EdP

Basenotes Institution

This weekend I spotted:

Façonnable for Men by Façonnable
    Innocent Secret by Thierry Mugler
    Notorious by Ralph Lauren
    Sensuous by Estee Lauder

Just picked up Cool Water Game 1 oz for 9.99 @ Marshall's, and Hummer H2 1.3 oz @ TJ Maxx for 9.99. This was the first time I've seen H2 in a 1.3 oz at any store (except the mall) so props to TJM for having a smaller bottle that will fit well in my collection.

Also saw Cartier Declaration 1.6 oz for 39.99 @ TJM. No open boxes and too expensive to buy blind for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    i got JOOP! Homme 1oz for $15 from the ladies section (its the pink bottle i guess?)
    I picked this up recently, a great buy. Most of the stuff I've seen there has already been posted, or is too irrelevant to remember, but I saw Euphoria Men sets there today for $50.

Blog Entries

I made a blind buy at Marshal's with Tommy Bahama. When I tried it I was not too pleased by the top notes but the dry down was quite attractive. At under $20 I figured it was worth the risk.

Picked up some Ferragamo Pour Homme at the local Marhalls today. Was shopping for a good summer scent, so "score!"

THey also had Tommy Bahama Set Sail: Saint Barts, Zirh Classic, Dirty English, Bijan Black gift sets, and some others I can't recall offhand. I find myself swinging by there once a week or so. They always seem to have something interesting.

LOL, I picked up Bongo @ Ross 3.4 oz for 5.99. I don't know what to say about this one. Honestly the opening is a very crisp orange/lemon/rose combo, but the longevity is easily the worst out of my current fragrances, and one of the worst ever.

I have not been to my Maxx stores for a while.....I think I'll visit them in the morning!!!
    Gary

Stopped in my local tjmax today and saw mostly regulars...they did have several huge bottles of curve soul. 6.8oz for 12.99! I had a bottle of this in high school and if I remember, it's not half bad.

I picked up a St. Barts 3.4 oz bottle that had been separated from the box set for $12. Unfortunately, there was no box, and the price sticker was stuck on the back of the bottle, so even though I got the paper part off, there's a bunch of sticky crap still there. Oh well, for $12 I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    I picked up a St. Barts 3.4 oz bottle that had been separated from the box set for $12. Unfortunately, there was no box, and the price sticker was stuck on the back of the bottle, so even though I got the paper part off, there's a bunch of sticky crap still there. Oh well, for $12 I'll take it.
    Goo gone.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Blog Entries

Marshall's/TJ Maxx
    - 10 bottles of Diesel Zero's (M+F)
    - LOTS of Cool Water
    - Usual Britney's
    - Angel La Rosa/Piovine but they got removed last week since no ones bought them
    - Usual crap
    - Azzaro Chrome (blaaaah hate that stuff)
    - More of the same old crap
    - Aramis
    - Davidoff Summer Fizzes. ALOT! of these (both M+F)
    - Bijan + Bijan Black
    - Quorum
    - Grey Flannel
    - Eau de Grey Flannel
    - H2 - huge stock up on these
    - Christian Audiger (sp)
    cant think of any others off the top of my head

At Marshall's

Givenchy pour homme (red cap) about $30.
    Givenchy pour homme Blue Label about $30.
    Déclaration de Cartier about $40.00.

I didn't take note of specific ounces, but all the bottles appeared to be approx. the 1.7 oz. sizes.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 31st July 2010 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    At Marshall's

Givenchy pour homme (red cap) about $30.
    Givenchy pour homme Blue Label about $30.
    I saw these as well. There was also Ungaro Man (2009) body wash, and David Beckham Signature Story 1.7oz bottles for 17 bucks.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I saw these as well. There was also Ungaro Man (2009) body wash, and David Beckham Signature Story 1.7oz bottles for 17 bucks.
    Bought Signature Story and returned it within the hour. Smelled decent in the store but on my skin it was very heavy, and cloying.. not very good really, kind of similar to Le Male in the opening but with a citrus kick kind of. Pretty disgusting.

friend of mine was at one tjmaxx in NY, and WTF? only very cool and le male for man and a lot pour femme ;/
    which tjmaxx in NY is best choice ?
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Lanvin Homme Sport and the D & G Fragrance Anthology

yo. i got pi givenchy at marshalls for 17 bucks 1 oz yesterday. i was shocked

Elements Aqua

Today my mission is to score a cheap bottle of Kouros.

I recently snagged a 2.5oz bottle of Zirh Ikon for $8. Worth every penny! Cant wait for cooler weather to give this a lot more wearings.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I recently snagged a 2.5oz bottle of Zirh Ikon for $8. Worth every penny! Cant wait for cooler weather to give this a lot more wearings.
    i also saw this at marshalls for 8 bucks. i thought it was was to inexpensive to be any good to i passed. maybe i shudnt judge the price lol

I was at Marshalls toinght and there was bunch of "Mambo", cheap. Is it any good?

I saw the gift set of D&G's tarot-inspired collection at Marshalls near Atlantic City the other week.

I also saw the Ikon 2.5 oz there, but I purchased this at Marshall's about 6-8 months ago already. As for Mambo, it's a peachy/orange opening, I get some bad chemical notes from it, and don't much care for it.

Haven't really checked out the inventory at these places lately, they've been slacking around here.. maybe I'll stop by in a week and see what's new.

I was at TJM earlier, and picked up Bahama Very Cool 3.4 oz for 19.99. The hardest of the 4 to find, although my least favorite of the series, it's a nice change of pace from typical Summer citrus fragrances or even aquatics. Sort of a minty/spices/metallic thing going on. Used to hate it, but it's actually pretty good.

They also had Set Sail St. Bart's which I was contemplating buying another bottle of, since it's harder to find than South Seas. Priced at 19.99 as well.

Also, to my surprise was Cartier Roadster for 39.99. I forgot the size but it didn't look too big, I'm not so familiar with the Cartier house, I've watched some reviews on youtube and read on here that one is a great mint fragrance. Not worth buying blind to me for 40 bucks, I'll wait till I can get a sample or find one open.

Other than that, just the usual crappy same old, same old at TJ Maxx. I prefer not to shop at Marshall's if I can avoid it, the quality of products are often picked over, and people that shop there are not my cup of tea. At least at all the Marshall's locations out here.

My TJMaxx has Cartier Declaration for $39.99.

Sur la Plage

I saw Clarins Eau Dynamisante at Marshalls.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I was at TJM earlier, and picked up Bahama Very Cool 3.4 oz for 19.99. The hardest of the 4 to find, although my least favorite of the series, it's a nice change of pace from typical Summer citrus fragrances or even aquatics. Sort of a minty/spices/metallic thing going on. Used to hate it, but it's actually pretty good.
    I picked this up last Friday as well. I like it, except that after it dries, the smell is almost identical to CK One Summer 2010 edition which I already own. I agree, St. Barts is better. I hear they have a Set Sail Martinique coming out soon, I'm interested in getting a smell on that.

I picked this up last Friday as well. I like it, except that after it dries, the smell is almost identical to CK One Summer 2010 edition which I already own. I agree, St. Barts is better. I hear they have a Set Sail Martinique coming out soon, I'm interested in getting a smell on that.
    News to me! Sounds good. I'm a big fan of the whole line up, they are all great, inexpensive at these discounters, and great bottles.

I picked up 3.4oz of Quorum for $15 and 4oz of Grey Flannel for $10 today--those were the only two that jumped out at me amongst the usual suspects. They also had Usher VIP and a big John Varvatos gift set. Kinda wish I'd taken a closer look at the JV set, now that i think about it. I'd been keeping my eyes peeled for Quorum for quite a while, so I was excited about that one.

They had 1oz bottles of Ruehl No. 925 all over, for $7 I jumped on one.

Not too sure it's my style, but the lady likes it on me.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I picked up 3.4oz of Quorum for $15 and 4oz of Grey Flannel for $10 today--those were the only two that jumped out at me amongst the usual suspects. They also had Usher VIP and a big John Varvatos gift set. Kinda wish I'd taken a closer look at the JV set, now that i think about it. I'd been keeping my eyes peeled for Quorum for quite a while, so I was excited about that one.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    IIRC, those JV sets came with a 2.5 oz, body wash and after shave in a leather travel case for 24.99. I saw one and have no idea why I didn't pick it up.

IIRC, those JV sets came with a 2.5 oz, body wash and after shave in a leather travel case for 24.99. I saw one and have no idea why I didn't pick it up.
    Same here. I think I may be heading back over there tomorrow.

went to marshalls today and they had burberry London 1.7oz $29.99, Christian audigier 1.7oz $29.99 and L'eau di D'issey Intense 1.3 oz (gift set) $15(this one had a red sticker with a greatly reduces price). Bought all 3 :-)

I went to two different Marshalls yesterday. The first had almost nothing at all.

The second had a lot of new stuff in, including a bunch by Givenchy: Xeryus Rouge, Givenchy Gentlemen, Insense Ultramarine, Givenchy Homme, and Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label, each for around $40, I think. The rest of the stuff was typical of Marshalls, but they seem to be getting new inventory, at last.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Found a 1.7oz bottle of Bvlgari BLV Notte at TJ Maxx last night for $24.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    I was at Marshalls toinght and there was bunch of "Mambo", cheap. Is it any good?
    Mambo is very similar to Curve. It's nice. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    I went to two different Marshalls yesterday. The first had almost nothing at all.

The second had a lot of new stuff in, including a bunch by Givenchy: Xeryus Rouge, Givenchy Gentlemen, Insense Ultramarine, Givenchy Homme, and Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label, each for around $40, I think. The rest of the stuff was typical of Marshalls, but they seem to be getting new inventory, at last.
    All that Givenchy inventory is cool. They make high quality stuff. I'd like a new bottle of Gentlemen.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Our local Marshall's, Ross and TJMaxx stores stock and maintain fragrance bins as though they were for sale on a Somali pirate ship. Disgusting.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

I've pretty much given up on my TJ Maxxs and Marshalls...they've been stocking absolute garbage as of late

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Our local Marshall's, Ross and TJMaxx stores stock and maintain fragrance bins as though they were for sale on a Somali pirate ship. Disgusting.
    Just put your mind in a tranquil state and imagine that you're in Nieman Marcus.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 11th September 2010 at 07:25 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    I've pretty much given up on my TJ Maxxs and Marshalls...they've been stocking absolute garbage as of late
    They really seem to come and go. Most of the time it's stocked with crap, but they randomly get some diamonds in the rough at times. I wouldn't give up completely.

Today they had both Caesar's Man AND the Donald Trump stuff. Definitely an "off" day.

Not really a spotted fragrance but today I found out why 75% of the bottles are opened and/or have damaged packaging... I watched a lady rip open literally every scent out of it's original packaging pull out the bottle and spray it on her arm. She went through about 5 bottles and 3 boxed sets, cellophane and all before she grabbed up a guess man box set and left. I must admit I was quite disgusted with watching it all.

My local TJ Maxx just started carrying JV Artisan which is no surprise since they've carried most of the john Varvatos stuff.

Went to TJ Maxx today and they had the D&G Collection Coffret of each of the 5 Collection scents in 20ml splash bottles for $49.99. Had it been 10 or so less or if they were atomizers, I might have picked it up.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    My local TJ Maxx just started carrying JV Artisan which is no surprise since they've carried most of the john Varvatos stuff.
    Been on the lookout for this to no avail - but found something else new (for my area at least, see someone else posted it a month or so ago) today!

Lanvin L'Homme Sport (1oz 14.99, 1.7oz 19.99)

And something terrible. Terribly terrible.

Boss Pure 8ml - 7.99!!!

Seriously, who are they kidding.
    I refuse to sink.

If I could get JV Artisan for no more than $25, I'd do it.

picked up hilfiger 1985 50ml for $20 at marshalls today.

Hit the TJ Maxx jackpot again, got a 2.5 oz John Varvatos Vintage bottle with after shave, body wash, all in a genuine leather travel case for $24.99. Absolute steal.

Hit the TJ Maxx jackpot again, got a 2.5 oz John Varvatos Vintage bottle with after shave, body wash, all in a genuine leather travel case for $24.99. Absolute steal.
    Haha got the same travel kit, high five!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post

Do a youtube review of this! plzplzplzzzzzzzzzz =]

Picked up Perry Ellis Portfolio original in the 3.4 oz for 16.99 @ TJM. Total steal, this is usually 20-25+ online which is a pretty good deal too on this underrated gem. A fresh fragrance than emphasizes on the pear, longevity isn't the best though, but I couldn't resist buying this since it's something I wore in high school.

I have to move to a new area....my TJ Maxx/Marshall suck! :P

Seriously I have only seen Azzaro PH and Quorum.....the best thing I've seen in months is a YSL Rive Gauche that was so sampled over, it wasn't worth picking up