Code of Conduct

Thread: Hermes Equipage

Wink Hermes Equipage

Would i like Equipage if i own CPM & PdN New York ?

Im looking to buy the vintage juice

Default Re: Hermes Equipage

Djbozz, yes, I think you will if you like those two. It fits well with them for sure, and doesn't duplicate.

Buy buy buy, I say.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Equipage is different than CPM or NY, but similarly well made and classy. I think you'll like it.

I'm a huge fan of both Equipage and Chanel PM, probably because they are somewhat similar - both timeless, very French, and both are bitter but discreet. I don't smell any similarities b/w Equipage and New York, though.

Don't be afraid to buy the current formulation of Equipage, once you run out of the vintage stuff. I've owned both, and I think the current version captures the feel of the original Equipage, and is excellent.

If you like New York and P-M, you will definitively like this too. Excellent stuff, but sillage and longevity are not good..(at least on my skin)

Yes, you will surely like it.

Sur la Plage

I think you would. Definitely look for a vintage bottle.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

One of the great things about Equipage is that because it's discreet, you can really spray it on hard. I tend to spray Equipage on really llberally, and it lasts a good 12 hours on me, without sending innocent bystanders running for the hills (or so I've been told).

By all means buy this one, It' terrific

I had an original bottle and now a new one, and I couldn't detect any difference at all. If you are into "classics," I doubt you will regret obtaining a bottle. It's not like many "power frags." however, in that it's not all that powerful, it has fewer notes, and those notes are better articulated (not heavily blended together). Some may find it "perfumey" or "old," so it may not be right for the typical 20 something guy.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 7th March 2010 at 05:18 AM.

Equipage is one of the classiest, most tasteful fragrances for men I have ever smelled.

I've gone through like 3 or 4 bottles of this stuff, and I get pretty defensive of it. It will always be in my personal Top Ten.
    Last edited by shamu1; 7th March 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Equipage is one of the classiest, most tasteful fragrances for men I have ever smelled.

I've gone through like 3 or 4 bottles of this stuff, and I get pretty defensive of it. It will always be in my personal Top Ten.
    I agree that Equipage is a marvelous scent and very unique. In fact, I *recommend* that an independent-thinking indiviualist of a young man wear this so he won't get lost in a sea of other young men covered in wimpy, commonplace aquatics! I wear this often, as I enjoy its floral (jasmine) aspects with a bite of spice and pine. I have the current formulation and I enjoy it.

For sheer guts, try Eau d'Hermes. This is guaranteed NOT to smell like the glut of garden-variety aquatics, to say the least.
    Last edited by Primrose; 7th March 2010 at 04:56 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Equipage to me was a million flower gardens in my nose. Hyper, hypercloying....maybe something 18th century French aristocrats would splash on to cover up their never-bathe funk. It was a blind buy and I swapped it in one day......so, popular, just not for me...
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the feedback people, I got my bottle and it doesnt dissappoint (thanks Xmen)
    From one spray it has some slight resemblence to New York (spicey, nutiness).
    Thumbs up!!!

If it wasn`t for the poor sillage and longevity, I think this could be my one and only "signature" scent! It`s fantastic!

Last edited by Bossa Nova; 21st April 2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Error
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Enyone know if it has been a showergel of this?

Equipage is a very nice fragrance, but I agree with the others that say that longevity is quite poor.

I find that the longevity is fairly good but that it progressively loses sillage, whereas most frags lose sillage less gradually. Anyway, think of the Z-14 drydown but with more geranium and that's a close approximation of the Equipage drydown.

There is a very elegant leather-case and refill-spray of Equipage in two different colors. It`s only aviable on the Hermes US web-shop. Do you know eny other shop on the net I can get this? Are there enyone here that own this leather-case with refill?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Enyone know if it has been a showergel of this?
    Heh-heh, YES. And I was in a shop and snapped it up. A dusty bottle languishing in a corner. It is excellent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

IMHO, I think Equipage and Guerlain Derby smell very similar...but that's OK as I like both! Equipage is cheaper...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think you'd also like Bel Ami, which is a lovely fragrance with better longevity than Equipage.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...