Code of Conduct

Wink Varvatos moves from BPI/Shiseido to Elizabeth Arden

Starting in July. (Link to press release)

I wonder what's next... but let me tell you some reactions to the deal. The Arden rep at the local Macy's was ecstatic, as the original Varvatos is her son's favorite scent, one of the fragrance SAs was surprised at the news, and the rep for BPI (and Parlux) thought "WHAT?"
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Varvatos moves from BPI/Shiseido to Elizabeth Arden

How does this work past June 30 for existing fragrances? Is there a reformulation possible in there when they switch factories?
    Last edited by SirWill; 2nd May 2010 at 01:12 AM.

WHATTT. Aww JV is one of my favorite frags EVER; it's so good that it doesn't need all that sillage or to last very long. Hopefully Arden doesn't screw it up, she's notorious for making horrible men's frags. Hopefully they're just changing brands and keeping the bottle, and formula.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 2nd May 2010 at 01:35 AM.

Not very impressed with Arden's portfolio and find it rather low-end. Hopefully the JV adds some prestige to their repertoire rather than their repertoire dragging the label down. Jean-Paul Gaultier, Issey Miyake, and Narciso Rodriguez are some of the current labels under the Beaute Prestige International umbrella, a subsidiary of Shiseido.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I'm not a fan of the Arden family myself.....This is going to be a very interesting thing to watch.....Gary

Sur la Plage

The BPI rep I talked to was not happy about the news. I personally don't care, as I do not find any Varvatos fragrance worth owning.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    How does this work past June 30 for existing fragrances? Is there a reformulation possible in there when they switch factories?
    AFAIK, distribution and manufacturing of existing fragrances switches to Elizabeth Arden on 7/1, and Arden will also distribute the old stock. Retailers have already gotten notices from both BPI and Arden about the impending switchover (at least Von Maur did when I talked to them).

Also, John Varvatos Vintage does have oakmoss (I don't think the original or Artisan do), so a reformulation may be likely for Vintage. (Good thing I have a bottle of the current formulation.)
    Last edited by MFfan310; 3rd May 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."