Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Thierry Mugler quits fashion, lauches new perfume "Womanity"

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm looking forward to taking a sniff soon. I don't get the chains on the bottle, though. What are those supposed to represent?
    According to one site I read, "Every part of the fragrance symbolizes something greater. For example, the chain that connected the bottle to the spray is suppose to symbolize unity."
    Currently wearing: Into the Blue by Escada

I finally got my sample, too. I liked it enough from the cardboard sniffer to want to try it on skin, but it didn't surprise me the way I'd hoped. I actually think I got a whiff of the Alien base in the drydown which was the most interesting aspect, but I'm still hoping a generous squirt from a bottle will provide a richer experience.

Well,I tried it,and agree it's not as weird as it sounds(I can really go for weird!)and it is quite boring.The caviar note was salty on me,not fishy.I love a salty fragrance,but this to me was a surprisingly dull fruity-floral-aquatic type thing.And not at all unisex to my nose.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 21st August 2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Currently wearing: Bel Respiro by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I think the chain for the cap just looks really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    According to one site I read, "Every part of the fragrance symbolizes something greater. For example, the chain that connected the bottle to the spray is suppose to symbolize unity."
    Well, I guess I can see it as a style statement, or a connecting symbol. But the first thing that came to my mind was the old Tears for Fears song Woman in Chains, which is a sad song. I guess it's just my mood lately. (sorry!). Still, I look forward to anything Thierry Mugler.

Adding several hours later...I just came back from the grocery store and Woman in Chains was playing. Now it's stuck in my head.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 21st August 2010 at 06:26 PM.

Sniffed it this week. "Didn't hate it," if you see what I mean. Thought fig had been done to death, but to his credit the salty accord presents a novel and not unpleasant interpretation. Nice enough, in fact.

Bottle is not to my taste -- I'd call it ugly -- but has at least had some thought put into its design.

Longevity is immense. For me, the woody drydown is the least enjoyable part.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Awaiting my sample from TM. I'm down for fig notes, as for caviar, that's not my bag, but in a fragrance it could be interesting!

Perhaps the men's version will be 'Manatee'. Fish notes would be appropriate.
    Le Mentaliste Magnifique