Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New Fragrance from Mugler

(Hullo folks - sorry if this has been posted before but I got excited!)

OMG that bottle is to DIE for! DIE FOR! I WAAAAAANT IT!

But wtfh? I would be EMBARRASSED to have a perfume with a name like that in my collection. I am speechless at the complete lack of imagination and blatant marketing manipulation. Surely not even the youngest of us would fall for this? Or did they just put all their money into the bottle and asked the neighbours cat what to call it, hoping that the bottle will sell itself? Quite possibly, because that first line I wrote was my insta-reaction and, also quite possibly, it will work on those of us with the weakest knees.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this one but for those who haven't ... WOMANITY! <--- Link
    (second frag down - and the juice itself sounds gross - who want's to smell of caviar? )

Enjoy!

Edit: There is an official site but I find it a tad annoying - the link to it is at the bottom of the article posted.
    Last edited by Kal; 12th May 2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Changed link

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Fragrance from Mugler

A friend is a Mugler sa and told me this was coming a few months back. She couldn't tell me the name, infact she said, "I am having trouble pronouncing it." I thought it was some exotic name but no she said just very hard to say out loud to customers. I see her point.

Also according to her, the Mugler company are a little worried out it will be received by the public as its very different from Angel and Alien. Seems Alien took awhile to become a hit, I don't like Alien and never have.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting website ...

http://www.womanityglobal.us/

Is this the bottle ??

Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 4th May 2010 at 02:25 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

This has placed a blip on my radar... not so much for its packaging and concept, but because of the promise of what this perfume might deliver.
    Its about time an all new Mugler creation emerged.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 4th May 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    A friend is a Mugler sa and told me this was coming a few months back. She couldn't tell me the name, infact she said, "I am having trouble pronouncing it." I thought it was some exotic name but no she said just very hard to say out loud to customers. I see her point.
    I'm not sure if I supposed to laugh at that but I did and I thank you for it. xD

I thought it would be embarrassing to own a fragrance that sounds like something a Simpson's writer would come up with but, trying to sell it? Wow - send your friend my condolences. D:

mysticknot - nice bottle! I guess that's what they are going to drink at their launch. Would be nice to be there regardless of what it smells like.

Dimitri - while I admire both Angel and Alien (Angel specifically since it launched a thousand imitations - some of which I actually like), I would not wear either. The idea of wearing something extracted from Caviar (Womanity) sounds like a nightmare to me! Of course, I'll be testing it ... >.>
    I love the whole Metropolis thing they've got going on with the bottle but pink juice always makes me suspicious.
    I tend to call the 'current' spate of sugar-waters (Eau de Sucre?) "pinks" even if they're light green. xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh and I'll post an actual picture of the bottle once I work out how to do that ...

Tah Daaaah!
    Last edited by Kal; 12th May 2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: hope this works ... ahh there we go ;)
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

Post Thanks / Like

My friend the sa has a bottle for her personal use. So she managed to sneek it into work and hide in her draw for me to try.

Well its quite fresh and I did get fig. Not the L'Artisan style fig more muted. No fish smell from it. I have to say its really quite lovely, not sure it would be me.
    DONNA

That bottle is fantastic. The scent sounds intriguing too, I love fig but never considered it as a perfume note.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can change font now? Weird - anyway - GRATS DONNA! I would love to have had such an early test of it. I'm sure if they want to sell it they can't have it smelling like fish but I must ask you - does it smell of the sea at all? That's what came to mind when they said salt and caviar. The press release did say salt, yeah?

I don't think I'll use that font from now on ... and we need a 'sweat' emoticon.
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

Post Thanks / Like

Love the bottle, and love TM frags. Looking forward to trying this.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for advance review. I will have to give it a try!