Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 53 of 53
  1. #1

    Wink ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Hi,

    I actually dont understand how all people in youtube advice to wear like: "1 to the neck & 1 of each wrist". Can people smell it? and can they finish the bottle like that? I think all these people live in Europe/US.
    I think because I live in Malaysia, always hot here (summer everyday, sometimes raining, lol).
    I just got Creed GIT, I plan to wear 12 spray. Does any of you live in Asia also do same like me?

    Thanks guys!
    Last edited by azri_azmi; 4th May 2010 at 02:18 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Interesting to read! East Asians have a reputation in the west as liking milder scents than those in North America and Europe. Guess you're proving that wrong, ten sprays at a time.

  3. #3

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    12 sprays seems like a lot even if you lived on the sun.

  4. #4

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    hot weather and 12 sprays?
    I'm glad you are way over there.

  5. #5

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    hot weather and 12 sprays?
    I'm glad you are way over there.
    It hasn't exactly gone unnoticed...


  6. #6

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Yeah, maybe too much.

    Havent try my 12 spray to GIT yet, just bought. haha. (but will be problem if suddenly have to attend meeting in a close meeting room).

    Other fragrance that I spray a lot: Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Rochas Man, Hanae Mori & all other fresh fragrance.

    I know, if TMugler B*Men i will not spray more than 2.

  7. #7

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Wearing 12 sprays is too much, IMHO, for most scents. I usually wear 3 - 4 spritzes.

  8. #8

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    GIT is one of those scents where your nose won't be able to smell it after 2 hrs, but others ard you can smell it. 4 sprays is good enuff for me

  9. #9

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ccck View Post
    GIT is one of those scents where your nose won't be able to smell it after 2 hrs, but others ard you can smell it. 4 sprays is good enuff for me
    Oh really? Thats why i tried spray once in my wrist then i think it is not last long.

    But Versace Eau Fraiche is seriously I have to spray more then 5 spray. It is very light scent.. (luckily it last on me)

  10. #10
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Try 4-5 sprays of GIT first, ask the people around you if they can still smell you after a couple of hours in. Bring along an atomizer/decant to top up your dose if you need. It's as warm and humid here, and my scents on skin tend to fizzle away really quick with perspiration (I perspire a lot and rather easily) and all, so I tend to have to re-spray.

  11. #11

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    The trick is to apply to the right parts of the body. I normally use 4-5 sprays...3 sprays to the chest and abdomen and 2 more sides of the neck. If the frags is really strong I will only do 1 spray to the neck (adam's apple) and 3 sprays to chest and abdomen. If u are outside a lot then u might need a bit extra sprays. But if u r in an air conditioned environment for a good part of the day then you really got to limit the no of sprays. We Malaysians ain't the most vocal of ppl so don't expect feedback even though your frag is filling up the whole room.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

  12. #12

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Try 4-5 sprays of GIT first, ask the people around you if they can still smell you after a couple of hours in. Bring along an atomizer/decant to top up your dose if you need. It's as warm and humid here, and my scents on skin tend to fizzle away really quick with perspiration (I perspire a lot and rather easily) and all, so I tend to have to re-spray.
    Yeah i think that is the best thing. But very lazy to respray. hehe.

  13. #13

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Azri_azmi,
    Don't listen to these people LOL...I like 6-8 sprays of most anything from my wardrobe with very few exceptions going down to about 4. I also reapply from a small vial if necessary.
    I agree that in humid weather, one can't smell fragrances because of no evaporation from the skin. Depending on your environment (conservative office, meetings, etc.) do use discretion and trial and error but don't think there's necessarily a right amount just because someone says so.
    Enjoy your fragrances!
    RM

  14. #14

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    For me 12 sprays isn't unreasonable if it's a light scent like 4711. For GIT, I usually do 4 sprays to the chest underneath my shirt and another 3 sprays to my neck. It's pretty strong for the first few hours but turns into a skin scent soon after.
    You can spray your wrist and see if you're able to detect it after several hours. That's how I gauge the longevity and sillage of my fragrances.
    Last edited by teflondog; 4th May 2010 at 05:27 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    The trick is to apply to the right parts of the body. I normally use 4-5 sprays...3 sprays to the chest and abdomen and 2 more sides of the neck. If the frags is really strong I will only do 1 spray to the neck (adam's apple) and 3 sprays to chest and abdomen. If u are outside a lot then u might need a bit extra sprays. But if u r in an air conditioned environment for a good part of the day then you really got to limit the no of sprays. We Malaysians ain't the most vocal of ppl so don't expect feedback even though your frag is filling up the whole room.
    Hei JoNny,

    Proud to be Malaysians! : D

    Pavilion KL no more Creed counter. Just got my GIT at KLCC. Is there any more creed counter iun malaysia that u know? Yeah, i aggree, very few people (Malaysia) comment on my fragrance even I know they actually can smell on me.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,564

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Application really varies with the potency and sillage of the fragrance. Spraying to the neck tends to start the olfactory fatigue earlier for me so I prefer to spray to the chest and solar plexus, one to each arm and maybe a mist over. I find that the layering of topnotes over fabric compliment the heart notes from the skin. But for powerhouses e.g. Grey Flannel, 1-2 to the chest is usually enough.

    And I second matthewfoo's approach. Reapplication works much better than heavy application in the somewhat misguided hope of making a fragrance last longer.

  17. #17

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Azri_azmi,
    Don't listen to these people LOL...I like 6-8 sprays of most anything from my wardrobe with very few exceptions going down to about 4. I also reapply from a small vial if necessary.
    I agree that in humid weather, one can't smell fragrances because of no evaporation from the skin. Depending on your environment (conservative office, meetings, etc.) do use discretion and trial and error but don't think there's necessarily a right amount just because someone says so.
    Enjoy your fragrances!
    RM
    Thanks Bro!

    I like to smell my fragrance myself, not only for people to smell.

    I have to try and error with all new fragrance.

    Oh no, Creed fragrance very expensive. Sure have to use less spray.. hehe..

  18. #18

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    some scents can get stronger over time. do exercise caution. you dont wanna smell like those people on the bus right?

    and do spray on your clothes. that way you can enjoy it privately.

  19. #19

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    some scents can get stronger over time. do exercise caution. you dont wanna smell like those people on the bus right?

    and do spray on your clothes. that way you can enjoy it privately.
    My neighbour at the office will headache if i spray at clothes. Will try to do the day I want to make him headache. Lol! : D

  20. #20

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    I find sprays to the chest and throat give the wearer a good dose--when you move around, your shirt causes puffs of fragrance to come out of the neck of your shirt. Neck sprays will begin to give more projection to the environment. Wrist sprays may give the most projection as you naturally wave your arms around walking or whatever.

    People in Japan tend to be pretty conservative about fragrance in offices and other 'captive' spaces like public transport. Of course, clubbing is another matter. I like the idea of a light reapplication for refreshment. Also, spraying partially on fabric may extend longevity. However, I found out this method backfires in the case of L'Eau de Issey Miyake pour homme. The development gets all scrunched together. Used on skin, LDIM can show off its individual stages of development a bit better.

  21. #21
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,518
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    I hear you, azri_azmi. I live in a climate very similar to Malaysia's (fact: your commercial palm trees came from us! ;o)). 12 sprays of some frags is not entirely criminal, even in hot weather, especially when you take other competing environmental issues (ambient aromas, woodsmoke [yep, even in cities], outdoor cooking aromas, etc) into consideration.

    Number of sprays is a "diplomatic" issue here on BaseNotes, but the least i usually use is 8.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  22. #22

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Hmmmm...i live in SL. For office it will be always 2 sprays and it will do enough till the evening (lover of powerhouses) and takes d MAX use of them. Thanks to BaseNotes i have listed all d powerhouses whenever discussed and will only buy from that list when i spend for perfumes.

    Today did 3 sprays on Aqua Di Gio and i can smell it very better even now, almost after 5-6 hours from the morning. Great! did 2 sprays and wore a shirt on the hanger but then remembered i wore the same for a long walk d before day, so got a new one from the wardrobe and had to reapply - and did only once more on chest

    I wear for my pleasure mostly. If i can smell it while i sit and work, walk and drive and etc. It's more than enough, BUT at the same time if i can smell it during d whole day, even after my own nose getting used to d smell for hours > that means others are surely getting my scent too!

    12 sprays. Never! i'm very greedy! even if its such a lovely, romantic or a special occation it would be 4-5 sprays MAX.

    Well, i use powerhouses, and d other frags that last long and smell nice!
    Last edited by kbandarage; 4th May 2010 at 10:32 AM.

  23. #23

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    I usually apply 4-8 sprays on different parts including clothes

  24. #24

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by azri_azmi View Post
    Hei JoNny,

    Proud to be Malaysians! : D

    Pavilion KL no more Creed counter. Just got my GIT at KLCC. Is there any more creed counter iun malaysia that u know? Yeah, i aggree, very few people (Malaysia) comment on my fragrance even I know they actually can smell on me.
    I thought there was a small Creed counter at the men department of Tangs ?
    There is a Creed section at Isetan@The Gardens but the selection is quite pathetic compared to Isetan KLCC.

    So what kind of freebies did u get when u purchased GIT ? Pls tell me you at least insisted on a few samples LOL.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

  25. #25

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Azri_azmi, Don't listen to these people
    Agreed, sort of - whilst I recommend you definitely test with the number of sprays and, here's the crucial bit, ask several different people for their opinion with different numbers of sprays at different parts of the dry-down, it's not a one-size-fits-all thing. I have VERY dry skin to the degree that the 2-8 sprays most people say is more than enough for them, on me is gone and undetectable by anyone inside of an hour. I have tested this several times over the years with various family, friends and work colleagues. There are very few exceptions to this (I can do 4 sprays of VC&A Pour Homme and it will last and project all day), but as a rule I don't generally use less than 12 or so sprays because otherwise frags would be a pointless hobby for me, akin to just splashing on cold water. In fact for most things closer to 20 sprays would be the average for me. Sounds a lot to most people, but I've experimented long enough to know how frags work (or don't) on my skin. 20 sprays on my skin tends to work the same as half a dozen or so on others.

    So yeah - everyone's mileage varies.
    Last edited by great_badir; 4th May 2010 at 12:08 PM.

  26. #26

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Although I'm not in Asia, I'm in the same boat, folks! Where I live It's 9 months hot and humid and 3 months max a bit less hot (raining). So, I usually apply 9-10 sprays (even more) when the fragrance is light/citrusy. At night or in the less hot months, I tend to use stronger/powerhouse fragrances, and 4-5 sprays are fine.
    It may seem too much, but It isn't! The hot weather isn't the major problem in my case. Humidity is.
    It really "arrests" the fragrance's projection.

  27. #27

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Remember they can breathe through their mouth if they have to.

  28. #28

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbandarage View Post
    Hmmmm...i live in SL. For office it will be always 2 sprays and it will do enough till the evening (lover of powerhouses) and takes d MAX use of them. Thanks to BaseNotes i have listed all d powerhouses whenever discussed and will only buy from that list when i spend for perfumes.

    Today did 3 sprays on Aqua Di Gio and i can smell it very better even now, almost after 5-6 hours from the morning. Great! did 2 sprays and wore a shirt on the hanger but then remembered i wore the same for a long walk d before day, so got a new one from the wardrobe and had to reapply - and did only once more on chest

    I wear for my pleasure mostly. If i can smell it while i sit and work, walk and drive and etc. It's more than enough, BUT at the same time if i can smell it during d whole day, even after my own nose getting used to d smell for hours > that means others are surely getting my scent too!

    12 sprays. Never! i'm very greedy! even if its such a lovely, romantic or a special occation it would be 4-5 sprays MAX.

    Well, i use powerhouses, and d other frags that last long and smell nice!
    Aqua Di Gio? Sure the girls will like ur smell. My bottle already empty. Why girls like this one??
    I feel like this is the cologne that is the last one i will buy for new bottle. Smell very2 good and long lasting, just too common.. : D

  29. #29

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    I usually apply 4-8 sprays on different parts including clothes
    I only spray some on cloths if the top notes is nice. : D

  30. #30

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I thought there was a small Creed counter at the men department of Tangs ?
    There is a Creed section at Isetan@The Gardens but the selection is quite pathetic compared to Isetan KLCC.

    So what kind of freebies did u get when u purchased GIT ? Pls tell me you at least insisted on a few samples LOL.
    No more Creed counter at Tangs. Then straightly to KLCC and the salesperson inform me they cant survive at Tangs Pavilion. The stock there has been sent to KLCC. Oh yeah, i remember The Gardens..

    Sadly they just give Annick Goutal sample (vial) about 3 or 4. Said that they not received Creed sample anymore. And the price INCREASEd!

    I bought Millesime Imperial 75ml for RM 549 before at Tangs Pavilion. Now the GIT is RM 599. Oh no! with no any creed sample!

    Make me think better i use less spray.. : D

  31. #31

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by great_badir View Post
    Agreed, sort of - whilst I recommend you definitely test with the number of sprays and, here's the crucial bit, ask several different people for their opinion with different numbers of sprays at different parts of the dry-down, it's not a one-size-fits-all thing. I have VERY dry skin to the degree that the 2-8 sprays most people say is more than enough for them, on me is gone and undetectable by anyone inside of an hour. I have tested this several times over the years with various family, friends and work colleagues. There are very few exceptions to this (I can do 4 sprays of VC&A Pour Homme and it will last and project all day), but as a rule I don't generally use less than 12 or so sprays because otherwise frags would be a pointless hobby for me, akin to just splashing on cold water. In fact for most things closer to 20 sprays would be the average for me. Sounds a lot to most people, but I've experimented long enough to know how frags work (or don't) on my skin. 20 sprays on my skin tends to work the same as half a dozen or so on others.

    So yeah - everyone's mileage varies.
    Yeah! finally I got someone spray for 20 sprays! : D. (Dont tell anyone, 12 is my minimum spray, maximum maybe 30! Haha.. joking)

    Emmm, maybe i have same problem like u.. not because of weather...

  32. #32

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    Remember they can breathe through their mouth if they have to.
    Hahaha.. If someone around me complain I smell too much, I will use ur word plus: "Shut up! now u can breathe through ur mouth"

    LOL! : D

  33. #33

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Being asian doesnt make me spray any differently than other people )

    However i do spray 8-10 times of any fragrance when i was in Asia. (3 for Black Aoud oh so strong =) )
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

    "No Pain, No Gain"

  34. #34

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    I'm in Texas and I look forward to smelling you in your GIT.

  35. #35

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    I'm in Texas and I look forward to smelling you in your GIT.
    Don't forget to bring along 2 @ 3 hot girls with u! And dont forget to breath with ur mouth! Haha.. LOL! : D

  36. #36

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Don't forget to bring along 2 @ 3 hot girls with u! And dont forget to breath with ur mouth! Haha.. LOL! :
    Won't have to "bring" nothin'! I'll be able to smell you from here!

  37. #37

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    SMH People really have a difficult time judging things such as sillage/longevity it seems. 2 sprays to the chest underneath clothes, during the hottest weather, and I project well, get longevity of well over 6 hours (even with MI), and get regular compliments and can still smell my fragrance well (plus I have dry skin). It's really not that hard of an issue to tackle, but I think people overthink it too often.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  38. #38
    Neurosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I don't have the accent, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    wait im confused, i thought heat and humidity helped spread the scent?

  39. #39

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    It hasn't exactly gone unnoticed...

    lmao

    I'm flying through that towards Japan in a few months... Hopefully the GIT clouds will have dissipated by then for a safe flight!
    Sales thread here

  40. #40

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    wait im confused, i thought heat and humidity helped spread the scent?
    well, heat really makes the perfume burn faster. so while you need less sprays to be reasonably stinky, the stink goes away faster as well.
    some people think cranking the volume to 12 sprays results in more sustain, but it's possibly just a much louder version of the same thing.

    humidity should make the scent last longer.

  41. #41

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    well, heat really makes the perfume burn faster. so while you need less sprays to be reasonably stinky, the stink goes away faster as well.
    some people think cranking the volume to 12 sprays results in more sustain, but it's possibly just a much louder version of the same thing.

    humidity should make the scent last longer.
    Yes, I could certainly understand heat, making a frag disappear quicker, but not humidity. The fact that the air is humid, means the air is already saturated, and cannot take on any more substance. In humid weather, the evaporation of the fragrance should be greatly reduced.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  42. #42

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    I agree, I thought that was what I said : )

  43. #43
    Neurosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I don't have the accent, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    so heat = more projection but a faster burn; humidity = less evaporation and therefore more longevity but less projection? so a hot and humid climate is actually the best of both worlds it seems

  44. #44

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    I agree, I thought that was what I said : )
    Haha, I was agreeing with you, just talking out loud as well.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  45. #45

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    It hasn't exactly gone unnoticed...
    Hee hee!

  46. #46

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    depending on skin chemistry some people need more sprays..like more me i need around 3-4 sprays on my skin for stuff like M7 and Heritage and around 6 for lighter stuffs like bulgari aqua marine. There isnt really a hard and fast rule to this or a set one.

  47. #47

    Cool Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Application really varies with the potency and sillage of the fragrance. Spraying to the neck tends to start the olfactory fatigue earlier for me so I prefer to spray to the chest and solar plexus, one to each arm and maybe a mist over. I find that the layering of topnotes over fabric compliment the heart notes from the skin. But for powerhouses e.g. Grey Flannel, 1-2 to the chest is usually enough.


    And I second matthewfoo's approach. Reapplication works much better than heavy application in the somewhat misguided hope of making a fragrance last longer.
    Agree 100% esp. about neck = olfactory fatigue.
    Women can get away with it on the back of their necks. Scent flows upwards and if they want male attention it's not a bad idea, as we're taller.

    However if she sprays the sides of the neck in the 'hot spot' under the ears prior to a date; though she may get olfactory fatigue, watch out! Odds are she seriously means business


    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    so heat = more projection but a faster burn; humidity = less evaporation and therefore more longevity but less projection? so a hot and humid climate is actually the best of both worlds it seems
    Or the worst, if you sit on a crowded bus with someone with less than exemplary hygiene
    Back in Cuba, the usual routine was to take two showers daily.
    And go with Bay Rum or Limes or such.
    Is this not the case in tropical climates around the globe?

    Here in the desert heat of Southern C.A. Evaporation is the only problem. I'm not sure about powerhouses in humid climates but powerhouses that are NOT sweet work great in the desert.

    Pax,

    Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 5th May 2010 at 08:00 AM.
    My Wardrobe

    Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

    Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

    My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

  48. #48
    Basenotes Junkie CX827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    No, never try 12 sprays at once.
    Myself probably 6 sprays most would be more than enough..

  49. #49

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong, Paris, Singapore
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Never say Never. If 12 sprays works for you (i.e., makes you happy, doesn't make your partner or your boss, secretary run away, doesn't give your cat a sneezing fit)... GO FOR IT!
    And vary it and note the differences too...!

    Me personally I've always been a big amount kind of guy when it comes to fragrance.
    I blanche when others try to prescribe to me, "Spray and walk into it..."
    Good grief ....

    The only time I did regret was OD'ing on too much Opium Pour Homme eau de parfum.
    Got a massive headache and the friend who was watching the movie with me got one too...

    you live and learn !
    Last edited by zenman7; 5th May 2010 at 07:26 PM.

  50. #50

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by zenman7 View Post
    Never say Never. If 12 sprays works for you (i.e., makes you happy, doesn't make your partner or your boss, secretary run away, doesn't give your cat a sneezing fit)... GO FOR IT!
    And vary it and note the differences too...!

    Me personally I've always been a big amount kind of guy when it comes to fragrance.
    I blanche when others try to prescribe to me, "Spray and walk into it..."
    Good grief ....

    The only time I did regret was OD'ing on too much Opium Pour Homme eau de parfum.
    Got a massive headache and the friend who was watching the movie with me got one too...

    you live and learn !
    I totally aggree, about Opium EDP. I dont know either i can finish my bottle or not. it is toooo strong. maybe 1 spray is the best.

  51. #51

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    I did 16 sprays of Montale's Musk to Musk today. I survived -- and others around me did, too.


    PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather




  52. #52
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,564

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    I did 16 sprays of Montale's Musk to Musk today. I survived -- and others around me did, too.
    They figured out the trick of breathing through the mouth? But Musk to Musk is one of my favorites btw.

  53. #53

    Default Re: ASIANS: How do you spray your fragrance?

    GIT has 0 longevity so 12 sprays is very appropriate, assuming they don't all come at the same time. Once every hour for 12 hours seems legit.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 20th July 2012, 07:45 PM
  2. What fragrance do you spray all over your bed and pillows?
    By beltz in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 9th October 2009, 01:01 PM
  3. How to apply a fragrance (edt spray)
    By random0xff in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th November 2008, 05:10 PM
  4. Fragrance and Nasal Spray
    By jim2154mn in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd February 2006, 11:25 AM
  5. Fragrance and Nasal Spray
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000