Default SotD - Tuesday the 4th of May

G'morning ladies!

Miss Dior Chérie

- Eau de Parfum -

Default Re: SotD - Tuesday the 4th of May

Rainy, grey day here. Mitsouko for me.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Bois des Iles parfum. This is entering my top 10. Possibly top 5, but it's going to be an expensive habit, as I have to use quite a lot of it compared to other Chanels.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Rainy here, too

Après l'ondée .....
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Very rainy and grey here as well; the weather turned sharply this afternoon and now it's rather gloomy.

I wore Bvlgari Pour Femme - recently purchased; very lovely heavy floral on me with a great 'lipstick' feel.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Good morning all. I'm in a weird mood today. It's 11 years on this very date that one of my bestfriends commited suicide Obviously the scars have kind of healed with time,but I can't help but to think about her on this particualr day every year non the less Ironically me and the boyfriend are invited to a birthday to a friend of ours later. Must also finish editing my part of two group assignments...so got plenty of program today and hardly any focus Sotd is Poison.

ineespenes - that's very sad, sorry to hear of your friends loss. Suicide is such a tragedy
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by TheLipPrint View Post
    ineespenes - that's very sad, sorry to hear of your friends loss. Suicide is such a tragedy
    Thanks Hope I haven't ruined everyone's day with my mood! Days like this just makes me think,I guess....* a littlebit embarrast*
    Last edited by ineespenes; 4th May 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Sur la Plage

My Scent of the Day is Terre d'Hermes Parfum. Have a great day everyone!

Top notes: Orange, Shiso, Grapefruit
    Middle notes: Flint, Mineral Notes
    Base notes: Woody Notes, Oak Moss, Benzoin

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Serge Lutens Chergui

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

In Chamade again. I guess, I am in the mood, otherwise why do I just let it sit here for months without reaching for it?

Hugs to everyone in need or want.

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

Rapture by Victoria Secret...

"To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." Karen Sunde

May love enable each of us to appreciate heavenly beauty in people and places we may have overlooked...

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Tuesday the 4th of May

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Glummy here too. *sigh*

Need some excitement. Think I'll head up to

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

House Twins with Tdem!!! It's Sarrasins for me!

Blog Entries

((inees)) I completely understand. It's nearly 18 years since my brother died and I'm always a bit scattered on the anniversary of his death. Accept the feelings as normal and go with the flow.

Haven't chosen my SotD yet, will repost when I do. I have lots of fussy financial/legal jobs to do for Mom today, and I'm still unpacking boxes from Florida (sigh).

Basenotes Plus

{{{{{{inees}}}}}}}

I've become a scent mixologist. Yesterday I wore a total of 5 different fragrances...yep, I wore another one after I posted. Took a shower late last night & put on Caron Montaigne body lotion & edp. Daffodils!

The mixing started early today, a dab of Guerlain, Insolence from a never worn sample & Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien edp.

Niiiiiiice!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Wearing the lovely Ajmal Wisal.

Have a terrific Tuesday, all.

AdP Magnolia Nobile this glorious sunny spring day. Sorry East Coast folks, I think I blew our foul weekend weather your way by accident. I meant to just huff and puff it upwards

Vintage Miss Dior edt for me today (yes, yes, I know. )
    The topnotes have that nasty burnt 'off' edge to them that I always hate having to get past, but now, an hour in, the heart has just overcome them and has just wafted up to my nose and made me say 'what's that lovely smell? Oooh! It's me!'
    Don't you love it when that happens?

Hugs to you Ines. Memories of people we have lost are always a little stone in our shoe for the day. Good to remember them, sad to know they have gone. Especially sad when it was suicide. Makes me want to put my arm round your shoulder and give you a little squeeze. {}
    One for you too, unusually glum Tao. {}
    Anyone else want one? Help yourselves. xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I am wearing Dans Tes Bras. I was watching my dog this morning as he sniffed and licked himself and I thought, hey, I like sniffing myself too. I am a bit subtler than my dog. My wrist will do.

Sunny day at Stately Somerville Manor and it should be a busy one too.
    Here is hoping a little of the sun can brighten up those of us who are feeling a little blue.
    I'm just happy I can stop boiling water.

Wearing one of my new acquisitions from Sniffapalooza:

Krigler Established Cognac 66

This was probably the most unique fragrance I experienced all Sniffapalooza weekend. It smells like fine cognac and the barrels that it is aged in and a weird little banana note which reminds me a bit of bananas foster the dessert. I'm sure this isn't for everyone but it is definitely for me.

Have a Tip-Top Tuesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

No. 3 of my Keiko Mecheri Samples - Cuir Cordoba

Notes: suede chord, bergamot, iris butter, atlas cedarwood, hawthorn blossom, black violet, elemi, patchouli, sandalwood, benzoin

I'm beginning to spot a house style, at least amongst the fragrances I was drawn to. Kittens. Keiko Mecheri takes contemporary, nichey feeling concepts and makes them adorable and kittenish and wearable. This is a buttersoft violet suede, like an offcut of fabric that you buy intending to do something with but it's just so soft and lovely you don't want to risk ruining it so you put it away and bring it out occasionally to nuzzle when you need cheering up.

Pieces of nuzzly soft suede to those who need them ;)
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Parfum d'Empire Wazamba.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Cuiron this AM courtesy of Taolady.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Azzaro ~ Chrome Legend

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Memories of people we have lost are always a little stone in our shoe for the day.
    Wordbird- a little nugget of truth - so well put. I love that phrase.

ineespenes - dealing with suicide is so hard even many years after - many hugs for you today ,sweetie.

As I am still in my white floral mania - it's Carnal Flower again.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I have come to the conclusion that the shimmering EdT version (which has apricot, and less vanilla than the original version) of L'Occitane Miel & Citron/Honey & Lemon is a fantastic layering fragrance.

I layered it today over The Thymes Limón and the combination is yummy! The apricot and honey balance and soften the black currant note of Limón. I'll be interested to see if this makes Limón more wearable in hot, humid weather, when it usually turns gamey on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Thanks Hope I haven't ruined everyone's day with my mood! Days like this just makes me think,I guess....* a littlebit embarrast*
    Ineespenes, I'm hoping you feel a little bit better for sharing your sadness here. Hey, we are a family here, through rain and sun! Hugs to you today.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    I am wearing Dans Tes Bras. I was watching my dog this morning as he sniffed and licked himself and I thought, hey, I like sniffing myself too. I am a bit subtler than my dog. My wrist will do.
    Thank you for your wry humor today, Therese. This tickled my funny bone!

I am off to work in L'Artisan Fleur de Narcisse, from a precious sample shared by a precious BNer. I'm going to have to try for discretion today, as I'm going to want to sniff and sniff and sniff. Just like Therese and her pup, HA!

Sure smells good here! Ok, I'm not surprised...
    Today, it's L'eau d'ambre for me, a nice snuggly comfort scent for a funny "back to winter"spring day...rainy,cold,windy...
    Sending those in need of it a big hug!

Moschino by Moschino
    First time I wore it, I thought it had too much vanilla for me, but today it's perfect... (go figure...)
    As per Basenotes:
    Top: Galbanum, Tagete, Freesia, Honeysuckle .
    Middle: Gardenia, Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Nutmeg, Clove, Pepper, Sandalwood, Patchouli
    Base : Amber, Musk, Vanilla.

Hugs to those remembering loved ones today...

Burberry, just perfect today.

Basenotes Institution

Scent Two: Laurel by Monocle x Comme des Garcons

Ines, I'm so sorry. I hope that the birthday party is cheering.

Today I grabbed one of the random samples a salesperson threw in with a purchase -- Ellen Tracy Inspire. I wore it once a few weeks ago and it seemed mildly pretty; today it opened with muddled artificial sweetness and musk/woods, no discernable notes just a big indeterminate smell, and was pretty unappealing. i think melon might have been to blame. Now, it has settled sweet but with a little sharp citrus -- wearable and inoffensive, but I think two tries with ths one are enough. I could have spent the day smelling something so much nicer!

Envy by Gucci

Creed's Green Valley
    Gary

Inees - big hugs! It's been over 20 years since my little brother has been gone. The tragedy of suicide lives on long after in so many ways.

Driveby posting today cuz my house in the almost-finished-craziness. Tons of stuff to do and lots of lists to make. Today I am wearing Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur, one of my fav leathers to fortify myself!

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hugs to all who need them today!

Inees, my condolences for your loss. It's so very hard to lose someone and, even though we eventually heal, a scar is always left behind on our hearts as a reminder.

Taolady, I hope Brooklyn helps get you out of the doldrums.

Once again, it's a gloomy, overcast, cold, and rainy day here, so I'm attempting to convince myself it's spring in Serge Lutens'...
    Fleurs de Citronnier
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 4th May 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Sympathies to Ines.
    I can still smell the Loulou I put on early
    this morning. This Cacharel scent lasts and then some!
    I do like it when I'm in the mood for something
    sweet and powdery.
    Last edited by kewart; 4th May 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Firstly, thanks so much for the lovely warm welcomes I received yesterday! I know I'm really going to enjoy it here.

I'm floating on a cloud of Joy perfume, from the little black bottle & red cap. Pure heaven!

Sending lots of hugs to those in need, especially in sad times.
    Last edited by whitelace; 4th May 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I'm roasting on my road trip stop at my dad's home under the scorching sun of Phoenix AZ - so the few drops in an old bottle of Tommy Girl I found in my 'guest bedroom" must suffice. Fresh and uplifting, at least.
    Everyone have a wonderful smelling day....and welcome to whitelace

Basenotes Plus

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien edt from the butterfly splash bottle. This is the older bottle & it smells wonderful! Lemon, grapefruit, citron & cypress...very refreshing!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Big hug for all of you dear BNers, with an extra one for Ines and all others who could use one...

Yesterday's scent choice (Agent Provocateur) seemed like a good one at the time, but by late afternoon, I felt like it was a complete mismatch for the office.

SOTD: JM Vintage Gardenia

I'm enjoying my sample of this one very much. I think I might be loving the mix of the floral note with the myrrh. I sometimes get a whiff of the cardamom, but today it's all about the myrrh. Love, love, love....

You all smell fabulous, by the way...and Petra Ichor's comments on KM Cuir Cordoba have reminded me that I MUST put this one on my "to try" list.

Wore Silences for a day of orthopedists and Xrays..what I thought was an icky sprain turned out to be a fracture. The bright side is NO cast, NO crutches and just a bugly immobilizer "boot". I even get to slip into sneakers and drive if necessary. This could have been much worse.

Will wear Douce Amere later.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 4th May 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Evening all,

spent half the day in the forest playing with all the kids at work. Wonderful day and seriously tired now.

Scent of the day Cuir de Lancome.

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon- it's Caron 's Poivre- thanks to Haunani who introduced me to this fab perfume. It's now one of my utmost favorites.

Smile Re: SotD - Tuesday the 4th of May

D&G Sicily. Been wearing this almost every day for a while now, it's just so comfortable Don't care if no-one else notices my fragrance, I love it anyway.

I'm sharing the house with Tao today ... I am testing Bond High Line today.

Never in a million years, would I think I would like a fragrance with the word "grass" in the notes list. Just goes to show ... never say never! This stuff is the bomb! (does anyone say that anymore??) I got THREE compliments today, the first one before I even got in the door at work. One of my co-workers was walking behind me and said she was enjoying the scent so much, she didn't want to catch up and walk with me! (I promise, I had only three sprays on!) Still, it is SO different for me, I need to wear a few more times before I decide if it is FBW.

Sending hugs to all (especially Ines and Tao!)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

A hug for Ines and all my friends here who know loss from suicide.

Hello to Whitelace, our neighbor to the north.

Dropped $500 (sheesh!) at the vet today getting the dog's teeth cleaned and one pulled. DH & I have stopped going to the dentist, but we're still forking out the bucks for our baby.

Wore a touch of Mitsouko.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

TL pour Lui (Ted Lapidus)

Joining in with hugs for all in need, and an extra big hug for inees.

Welcome to BN, whitelace.

I'm wearing Invasion Barbare today from a teensy decant I've been hoarding. After a full day's wearing I can safely say I no longer need to have a full bottle of this scent, but it certainly is compelling. Have a great evening and take care, all.

Caron Alpona. I've been meaning to try this forever, and I'm finding it really startling. My metaphor so far is "a cat bathed in orange marmalade soap". And that's a good thing.

Carnal Flower

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Wore Silences for a day of orthopedists and Xrays..what I thought was an icky sprain turned out to be a fracture. The bright side is NO cast, NO crutches and just a bugly immobilizer "boot". I even get to slip into sneakers and drive if necessary. This could have been much worse.

Will wear Douce Amere later.
    Get better Zibeline ! Rest up . Thinking of you !

Zibs, best wishes to your ankle.

Q., best wishes to your pooch and banking account.

Many of my favorites today: Cacharel, Caron, Domenico & Stefano, etc. Me? Aomassai, it is cold here all of a sudden.

Quarry I am right there with you. Just did the doggie dental work about a week or so back. Not cheap. Hugs to all. Wore Chloe today.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

My Sote.....Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD - Tuesday the 4th of May

Timbuktu.................day

Shalimar EDP............evening.

Better late than never! SOTD and SOTE was Paco Rabanne's Eau de Calandre.