Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Smelling dirty and animalic

I don't usually like dirty smelling fragrances. But I smelled MKK the other day and absolutely loved it! I'm seriously considering buying a bottle, I just don't want to get comments like, "you smell like SHIT!". Maybe I should wait until I'm a little older. Great scent, though!

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I'm seriously considering buying a bottle, I just don't want to get comments like, "you smell like SHIT!". Maybe I should wait until I'm a little older. Great scent, though!
    better be careful with the application, then.

My Perfumed Court sample of MKK had a faint poopiness I just couldn't get over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Warrior View Post
    My Perfumed Court sample of MKK had a faint poopiness I just couldn't get over.
    Try just a little bit on your skin, and see how people react. Looking at the reviews, it is surprising how many times people receive unexpected compliments for these kinds of scents.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post

Who was that Frenchman who said that he loved those perfumes best which recalled "une femme qui a négligé sa toilette pendant quelques jours"?
    I think it was Jacques Guerlain and if not, he said other things along those same lines.
    Last edited by Zizanioides; 6th May 2010 at 12:15 AM.

I suppose that the "fritos" (cottonseed oil) smell of the soft skin between a clean dog's toes would count as animalic, and I truly wonder if there has been an attempt to use that in a scent?

Kidding, sort of. Interesting idea. Yes, I have smelled the dog's feet, and precisely because someone else told me that's what they smelled like. And yes, it does.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 5th May 2010 at 11:24 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Well, we grow up, get toilet trained and then playing with our own feces becomes taboo. I think the famous noses through out history have never grown up and still, psychologically, roll around/play in their own sh*t. I love them for this reason - it's the creative stage that almost everyone, except for artists, are beaten out of.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th May 2010 at 05:54 AM.

I don't know... even if it's not taboo to play with faecal matter, there's no way it's going to smell good to me. I think part of the animalistic appeal is that it renders a primitive, unwashed, bestial vibe. Sort of the opposite of the cultured, smooth and maybe straight-jacketed feel one gets from gentle society. Of course, nobody wants to be totally primitive, unwashed and bestial, because instead of standing out, they would be isolated from society, so the use of animalistic notes have to be done very delicately.