Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens New Releases: Bas de Soie & Boxeuses; Cuir Mauresque for export...

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...s-de-soie.html

Perfume Shrine is announcing new Lutens for 2010 - an export hyacinth and a Paris Exclusive leather, under the names Bas de Soie and Boxeuses.

I remember someone mentioning Bas de Soie back in April and it being laughed off as an April Fools prank. I guess not!

Also, news that Cuir Mauresque will be the limited-edition export this time around.

Default Re: Serge Lutens New Releases: Bas de Soie & Boxeuses; Cuir Mauresque for export...

Hello guys!

It was me that talked about the "Bas de Soie"!
    I guess it wasn't a joke!
    What do you guys think about the new "Bas de Soie" and "Boxeuses"?
    I'm interested in the "Boxeuses"

Default Re: Serge Lutens New Releases: Bas de Soie & Boxeuses; Cuir Mauresque for export...

Boxeuses notes make it sound rather like Daim Blond ( fruity leather ), but the oud note is an interesting question mark ( I've long been wondering when Lutens was going to jump on the oud bandwagon; it seemed made for the line ).

I notice there seems to be a trend in now having threes of a type now within the SL line. Doubles have been common - Clair and MKK for musk, Rose de Nuit and Sa Majeste for rose, A La Nuit and Sarrasins for jasmine, etc. - but Fourreau was the third lavender, and now we're getting a third leather. I wonder if it will be sufficiently different from his other two.

Of course, a hyacinth fragrance excites me.

Basenotes Institution

The hyacinth one does not interest me, but the leather one sounds nice.

The names sound dreadfully hard to pronounce.

I have hoped for Cuir Mauresque to be a limited-edition export for SO long! This is wonderful news for me!!!

Hmmm. I love leather but hate oud. I love hyacinth but hate powder. (Perfume Shrine mentioned hyacinth with less green and more powder; I love the green.) Meaning that I can't begin to predict whether I'd like these.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I have hoped for Cuir Mauresque to be a limited-edition export for SO long! This is wonderful news for me!!!
    I agree!

So, what are the chances for Tubereuse Criminelle in 2011?

*crickets*

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree!
    Thirded! I've really grown to love Cuir Mauresque.. can't wait for the export bottles to hit the shelves this fall!

Leather, plum and licorice are for me!
    Bouxeuses is mine!

The Bas de Soie I have to try it!
    Florals are not for me! But being a Lutens floral I might like it!
    I liked Nuit de Cellophane! Rarely use it, but like it!

Basenotes Plus

I look forward to trying these, especially after the big "Huh???" that was L'Eau.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    I look forward to trying these, especially after the big "Huh???" that was L'Eau.
    +1

"Boxeuses" is more or less a "Daim blond"-like, nothing new from SL ... Still fine but not very original

Bas de Soie sounds absolutely enticing and delicious. I am also truly excited about the Cuir Mauresque. I have adored that one for so long, nice it will be available without a trip. Hopefully it will smell as lovely as it used to, considering all the regulations popping up daily by the IFRA.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    "Boxeuses" is more or less a "Daim blond"-like, nothing new from SL ... Still fine but not very original
    Have you actually tried Boxeuses?? Wax sample or liquid??? Daim Blond -like?????? OK, but can you tell anything else???????????

Have you actually tried Boxeuses?? Wax sample or liquid??? Daim Blond -like?????? OK, but can you tell anything else???????????
    Liquid.
    There is the same apricot note than in Daim Blond, woody, musc and a leathery found. If you take : daim blond, cuir mauresque, féminité du bois, you have a mix of some scents i recognized there.

Thank you, Suga!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Great review of Bas de Soie by Octavian Coifan on 1000fragrances. And Serge Lutens spoke to me a bit of the two fragrances in his usual, cryptic and witty manner in this interview...

Many thanks for this very interesting interview.
    I'm so sad whan he talks about reformulation...

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Many thanks for this very interesting interview.
    I'm so sad whan he talks about reformulation...
    I fear for my favorites, too.