Code of Conduct

Smile Need recommendation for online shops within Canada please

I'd very much appreciate any recommendations for online fragrance purchases within Canada. I've bought from the Fragrance Garage, and am probably going to order from PerfumePlus629. The Fragrance Garage was great, but I'd like more variety. A couple times I've had success with eBay, but unfortunately this week I got scammed with a fragrance that was not authentic.

I know that several places, including Sephora, ship to Canada from the U.S., but what I'm trying to do is avoid duty with cross-border shopping.

I've ordered some samples from both the Perfumed Court and the Posh Peasant, thanks to seeing those two recommended here. With an order $20 or under in value, they usually don't levy any duty, so a small order of samples works.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by whitelace; 4th May 2010 at 07:57 PM.

Default Re: Need recommendation for online shops within Canada please

http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/

Sympathies on the duty issue - you get hit harder than even we do in the UK!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelace View Post
    I'd very much appreciate any recommendations for online fragrance purchases within Canada. I've bought from the Fragrance Garage, and am probably going to order from PerfumePlus629. The Fragrance Garage was great, but I'd like more variety. A couple times I've had success with eBay, but unfortunately this week I got scammed with a fragrance that was not authentic.

I know that several places, including Sephora, ship to Canada from the U.S., but what I'm trying to do is avoid duty with cross-border shopping.

I've ordered some samples from both the Perfumed Court and the Posh Peasant, thanks to seeing those two recommended here. With an order $20 or under in value, they usually don't levy any duty, so a small order of samples works.

Thanks in advance!
    I have bought from FragranceX and FragranceNet many times, receiving orders valued at least at $75.00, and have NEVER had to pay any duty fees whatsoever. I highly recommend both.

What a coincidence you mentioned FragranceX. Minutes ago my parcel arrived from them with some samples I ordered, along with a $5 off coupon! Thanks for those names - I'll browse their sites.

I'll probably have to hold my credit card with an oven mitt on, cuz it'll be smokin'!

Hi Ladies

Im extremely surprised that we are mentioned in the reviews and very pleased. I came across this site as I was monitoring our name in google and seen these remarks. Unfortunately with the reviews it was mentioned we have very little variety compared to some other fragrance stores. We actually have access to literally over hundreds of colognes and perfumes but found it more economical to only have the most uptodate ones on our site. Whether its a good or bad thing we dont know but what we want to do is take our time and provide the best possible quality not only in our products but also in our customer service. Unfortunately we have some pretty stiff competition with our american counterparts. Our goal is to have our site completely Canadian supplied supporting our Canadian economy, unfortunately being a little guy in the pond it is hard to do, but with our determination we will get there.. please have patience with us. We are open to any suggestions you may have as far as the variety goes, if you have a request we can supply it for you just have to email us and we will give you a competitive price. We are familiar with the other fragrance companies you have mentioned and actually have worked along side them. Taking our time in supplying you variety also assures you your getting 100% authentic quality of which you ordered. Since our journey into this business we have learnt alot of things about the perfume and cologne industry. Many thanks goes to the employees of Chanel Canada and Coty Canada they are great mentors. If I can relay one piece of advice without causing prejudice to anyone is the buyor beware. If the price is too good to be true, then more then likely its not true.... well the price is true but the quality may not be. When purchasing perfume or cologne take a look at what the market value is then if its lesss then half that or close to the half mark I would think about ordering it. In saying that Im just giving some personal advice. Again I thank the ladies who had mentioned our name on this site and ask that you have patience with us in our growing stages. Again if you have any advice, request suggestions we have open ears and would like to hear from you.

sincerely

Michael Major/ Steve Russell
    Fragrance Garage
    www.fragrancegarage.ca

Also The Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver. I've heard people rave about Nas. (I'm not affiliated, nor have I ever even ordered from her.)
    https://theperfumeshoppe.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kärleksparfym View Post
    Also The Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver. I've heard people rave about Nas. (I'm not affiliated, nor have I ever even ordered from her.)
    https://theperfumeshoppe.com/
    I actually visited The Perfume Shoppe just two weekends ago. It is quite small but the selection is excellent and mostly high end. I got to smell things I had never had a chance to test before. The owner is very nice and helpful and spends whatever time you need with her. Of course, I just had to buy something... and left with a bottle of Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi, which incidently had been highly recommended to me by some Basenoters. From what I could tell, what is offered on the website corresponds to what's available is the store. All in all, a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance Garage View Post
    Hi Ladies

Im extremely surprised that we are mentioned in the reviews and very pleased. I came across this site as I was monitoring our name in google and seen these remarks. Unfortunately with the reviews it was mentioned we have very little variety compared to some other fragrance stores. We actually have access to literally over hundreds of colognes and perfumes but found it more economical to only have the most uptodate ones on our site. Whether its a good or bad thing we dont know but what we want to do is take our time and provide the best possible quality not only in our products but also in our customer service. Unfortunately we have some pretty stiff competition with our american counterparts. Our goal is to have our site completely Canadian supplied supporting our Canadian economy, unfortunately being a little guy in the pond it is hard to do, but with our determination we will get there.. please have patience with us. We are open to any suggestions you may have as far as the variety goes, if you have a request we can supply it for you just have to email us and we will give you a competitive price. We are familiar with the other fragrance companies you have mentioned and actually have worked along side them. Taking our time in supplying you variety also assures you your getting 100% authentic quality of which you ordered. Since our journey into this business we have learnt alot of things about the perfume and cologne industry. Many thanks goes to the employees of Chanel Canada and Coty Canada they are great mentors. If I can relay one piece of advice without causing prejudice to anyone is the buyor beware. If the price is too good to be true, then more then likely its not true.... well the price is true but the quality may not be. When purchasing perfume or cologne take a look at what the market value is then if its lesss then half that or close to the half mark I would think about ordering it. In saying that Im just giving some personal advice. Again I thank the ladies who had mentioned our name on this site and ask that you have patience with us in our growing stages. Again if you have any advice, request suggestions we have open ears and would like to hear from you.

sincerely

Michael Major/ Steve Russell
    Fragrance Garage
    www.fragrancegarage.ca
    Hi Michael and Steve!

I just took a look at your online store. I find your prices reasonable, but have to agree with some of the comments made here previously about the selection of products. I get the impression that a lot of the people who shop online for perfume are perhaps more knowledgeable about perfume than your average retail store customer and are seeking things that might not be so easy to find in department stores. It would probably be to your advantage to list more products. But that's just one opinion! i bookmarked your site and will make sure to visit it often. Good luck!

Hi Ladies
    I am so greatful for the help in your advice to better our site. In doing so I am pleased to announce that we have brought on board Juliette has A Gun. We have access to all of Mr Ricci's fragrance but in doing research the most popular ones are Lady Vengeance and Calamity J. I will be expanding the variety slowly as to have them all in stock. For now if you would like a sample of the above mentioned parfums, I would gladly send them to you free of charge. You can email us with your request and full address to information@fragrancegarage.ca. Along with your free samples there will also be a letter with a code on it, this letter will give you $5.00 of the price of your first purchase. This is just a start for what direction we are going to go, being in Canada its is very difficult to find resources in Canada suppliers. Again thank you for your advice and hope you keep an eye on us and watch us grow.

Michael Major
    Fragrance Garage
    www.fragrancegarage.ca

p.s this opportunity is very exciting for me because Holt Renfrew was the only store you could purchase Juliette has A Gun and now you can purchase it through us. Please let us know if we are going in the right direction and any advice is appreciated. You have our ears. Thank You

eperfumes.ca