View Poll Results: Millesimw Imperial VS. Virgin Island Water

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Millesime Imperial

47 61.04%
  • Virgin Island Water

30 38.96%

Default Millesime Imperial VS. Virgin Island Water

Between which Creed which do you prefer? They're both lighter, fresher warm weather scents.

Which do you prefer overall and why?
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: Millesime Imperial VS. Virgin Island Water

VIW by far out of these two. It can be argued that a cheaper substitute could be found for MI. No "good" substitutes for VIW. St barts is very week and I get no coconut, and coconut lime verbena is not even close in my opinion (no rum)
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

I love Virgin Island Water,with the sweet sugar cane with the tropical type smells with lime, coconut and white rum it makes it fresh, sweet, alive , invigorating and a fragrance that always puts a smile on my face. My favorite fresh scent ever.

VIW is really nice, better suited for the summer months IMHO. Imagine Hawaiian Tropic meets a Mojito

Damn, i just bought MI and GIT, told myself i'd buy no more frags for a while, but this is bringing back fond memories of the VIW i sampled... must... resist!!!
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Male View Post
    Damn, i just bought MI and GIT, told myself i'd buy no more frags for a while, but this is bringing back fond memories of the VIW i sampled... must... resist!!!
    lol

Voted VIW because I have Unforgivable multi plat which is good enough for a MI replacement
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Sur la Plage

I really like VIW. I find MI mediocore.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've read the VIW projection is terrible though. I find Green Irish Tweed projection and longevity decent. Anything less I wouldn't really fork money over for.

Too bad because I swear I remember liking VIW when I sampled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Voted VIW because I have Unforgivable multi plat which is good enough for a MI replacement
    I'm getting Multi Platinum over MI as well, definitely a suitable replacement considering price.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Wow, really tough question. I prefer MI for its sheer wearability, I don't mind wearing it anytime, anywhere. VIW, clearly doesn't have this going for it, which is the reason I don't own a bottle, because it simply doesn't fit in the majority of situations. That being said, I find VIW incredibly addicting, and just a beautiful scent overall. I guess I'd pick MI for the complete package, but I think VIW is pretty dynamite as well.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 5th May 2010 at 01:14 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Wow, really tough question. I prefer MI for its sheer wearability, I don't mind wearing it anytime, anywhere. VIW, clearly doesn't have this going for, which is the reason I don't own a bottle, because it simply doesn't fit in the majority of situations. That being said, I find VIW incredibly addicting, and just a beautiful scent overall. I guess I'd pick MI for the complete package, but I think VIW is pretty dynamite as well.
    i agree, viw is harder to wear but boy oh boy does it smell good, mi is more versatile.

wow... in my opinion Millesime Imperial is far superior.

I own VIW and like it a lot... but it is a niche scent - appropriate for being at the beach but little else.

Millesime Imperial is a masterpiece. Extremely versatile. both situationally and locationally. It has tremendous depth and complexion. It can even be paired with most other Creeds (GIT, Selection Verte, OV) to improve them immensely.

No insult to VIW, but MI is leagues ahead.

I probably shouldn't vote since I haven't tried VIW. But I do think MI is masterfully done, if a bit light for my tastes. Also very versatile. I can't imagine a scenario where you couldn't wear it.

It seems to me like it was Creed's entry into the lighter scents arena in the 90s, and it is unashamedly "Creed-ish." Will likely be considered a classic, if it isn't already.

I wear MI, I gave VIW to my wife. It smells great on her. MI - it's ok, not great on me. I voted for the sexy beach smell of VIW, especially on an attractive woman. Very nice.

MI for me any day of the week!!!
    Gary

Both are great. But if I had to choose only one it would have to be MI.

@Lonewolf - If you don't like VIW you can always give it to your GF. One thing to consider is that it's arguably a summer specific scent. You only need a 1oz bottle to get you through the season.

BTW, there's a Neiman Marcus in Troy. You can try a whole bunch of Creeds there.
    Last edited by adonis; 5th May 2010 at 04:55 AM.

In a purely hypothetical situation, VIW. But both of those frags have a longevity of about 15-25 minutes so in a practical situation - neither.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    @Lonewolf - If you don't like VIW you can always give it to your GF. One thing to consider is that it's arguably a summer specific scent. You only need a 1oz bottle to get you through the season.

BTW, there's a Neiman Marcus in Troy. You can try a whole bunch of Creeds there.
    Oh, I'm not debating on which to buy, just purely a poll to determine who likes what better. I'm about 5 minutes away from the Somerset Mall which has Saks, Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Macys and Nordstroms and I'm there quite a bit sampling lol.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Basenotes Plus

M I by an absolute mile. No issues with longevity here - lasts for ever on me. (Coincidentally my SotD for today too).
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th May 2010 at 06:07 AM.

MI for me. It's a masterpiece. As good as Unforgivable and UMP are, they're still not substitutes IMO.

VIW is nice but it leaves me feeling slightly sick. Still, there really is nothing better to wear on a hot day at the beach.

M-I . Manage to combine fresh and light notes with that luxury, exlusive vibes. The "gold standard" in fragrances!

Millesime Imperial and it's not close.
    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I do think MI is masterfully done, if a bit light for my tastes. Also very versatile. I can't imagine a scenario where you couldn't wear it.
    It seems to me like it was Creed's entry into the lighter scents arena in the 90s, and it is unashamedly "Creed-ish." Will likely be considered a classic, if it isn't already.
    I'll expound on this.

MI was created in 1995. It's almost as if the composition was made today, seemingly with all the advantage of hindsight on the aquatic/watermelon era of scents. But it was not. It was just made with utmost taste and timeless style, which are the cornerstones of flawless foresight.

Both are very nice, but VIW to me is by far the better of the two and I also find it is longer lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Both are very nice, but VIW to me is by far the better of the two and I also find it is longer lasting.
    How's the longevity on it? I hear mixed things on both of these actually.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

MI, hands down. I own both and enjoy them both. However, I wear MI at least once/twice a week. I have a huge rotation so that is a lot considering the ones I pass on just to wear MI. As already mentioned, MI's versatility is what sets it apart. You can wear this to the gym, work, beach, picnic, formal event, etc. It really doesn't matter. Works anywhere and will not offend. And you'll smell pretty damn good while your at it. I also find that the more you wear MI, the longevity grows. Or more correctly, your nose grows to recognize it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by brrrry View Post
    MI, hands down. I own both and enjoy them both.
    Same Here.

I actually own both of these and find them both to be great scents. I would give the slight edge to VIW as the scent that attracts me more, however as many have said I prefer the versatility of MI. What I actually do is layer the two scents. I will do about half a spritz of VIW and layer with a full spritz of MI. The results are amazing. It really helps to subdue the coconut and adds a lot of depth and attention to the creamy rum note of VIW. I suggest anyone with both to give it a try.
    Last edited by Captcrunch; 21st May 2010 at 03:16 PM.

I like almost any Creed frag, but MI remains one of my faves

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    I actually own both of these and find them both to be great scents. I would give the slight edge to VIW as the scent that attracts me more, however as many have said I prefer the versatility of MI. What I actually do is layer the two scents. I will do about half a spritz of VIW and layer with a full spritz of MI. The results are amazing. It really helps to subdue the coconut and adds a lot of depth and attention to the creamy rum note of VIW. I suggest anyone with both to give it a try.
    Great idea on the light layer of VIW. I would give the overall edge to MI. It is Creed's most versatile fragrance, IMO.

I haven't tried VIW and I'm not big on coconut so I doubt I'd enjoy it.. regardless I would like to try it sometime. So I guess MI wins by default!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    wow... in my opinion Millesime Imperial is far superior.

I own VIW and like it a lot... but it is a niche scent - appropriate for being at the beach but little else.

Millesime Imperial is a masterpiece. Extremely versatile. both situationally and locationally. It has tremendous depth and complexion. It can even be paired with most other Creeds (GIT, Selection Verte, OV) to improve them immensely.

No insult to VIW, but MI is leagues ahead.
    Funny so many people say VIW is great for the beach. When I spend lots of time at the beach with suntan lotion all day, I like to shower and put a new fragrance on for the evening. But when the summer hits and I wish I was at the beach I can use a whole bottle of VIW in like 3 months.

If Millesime Imperial had longer longevity I'd place it higher POSSIBLY. Overall I prefer Virgin Island Water I'd say. My first impression was good but the longevity wasn't that great. After I sampled it more often the longevity was not bad actually Millesime Imperial's longevity on the other hand never lasted more than 3 hours and VIW's lasted anywhere from 4-7 hours.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Millesime Imperial is far more complex, interesting, longer lasting, well-designed, richer, classic -- just better all over.
    Virgin Island Water is lime, coconut, and sweetness. It's simple, overpriced for the ingredients, and doesn't last long. Oddly, I'm wearing it now. It's also fun and smells good.

I'm not sure if the question was fair. I mean, it's a bit like comparing a car and a motorcycle. Two different functions.

I have to say MI for both the versatility and for the longevity on me.

VIW has good enough longevity and I can not understand why it is considered as a perfume without duration. Its sillage is small, but that is another matter..