Code of Conduct

Default I tried creed windsor and ... this weekend

I tried creed Windsor this weekend ,Creed Orange Spice, Italian cypress TF.
    I was close to buying the 405.00$ 1.7oz bottle(Windsor) the day after I tried it. But, I still want a new bottle of VIW and may get the orange spice as well. I like the Italian Cypress but will wait for cooler weather for that decision.

My question to myself is where I want this "hobby" to go. I would love to have Winsor in my collection, but cant afford to wear it often. Its tuff enough to justify the VIW, but I love it. Anyway Im leaning towards the 250$ VIW and 140$ Orange spice, these two I could wear often.
    Last edited by Jack; 4th May 2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Default Re: I tried creed windsor and ... this weekend

i would lean toward those too, buy the one you think smells the best.

I know, but there’s that small part of me that wants the "rare" creed. I guess that small part of me is the reason I don’t have a big savings account. I could buy about 8 shares of a stock I have my eye on for 400$ lol

tough choice i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I know, but there’s that small part of me that wants the "rare" creed. I guess that small part of me is the reason I don’t have a big savings account. I could buy about 8 shares of a stock I have my eye on for 400$ lol
    I'd buy 7 shares of the stock and get large decants of all the Creeds you want.

If you still like one of them when the decant's gone (and decants can last quite awhile), then buy a bottle.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 4th May 2010 at 10:27 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I bought (blind) a small bottle of Windsor for $405 back in January, when the flacons were sold out. I loved it so much, I bought another one.

They have since announced that they are releasing another 100 flacons thru the NYC Creed Boutique, and I'm getting one of those too. If you call them, they MIGHT have one left. I think they are almost sold out.

Yes, it's a ridiculous amount of money. But if you love the frag so much, and you're a collector of Creed like I am, it might be worth it. I don't know since I don't know your financial situation. Obviously, don't be stupid. BUT, I can tell you that if you love Creed (and Windsor) like I do, you won't regret the purchase.

To me, it's that good.

Creeds Windsor is a very classy scent that you dont come across too often. VIW and OS will always be there. Windsor will not. Consider the extra release a lucky second chance to get this scent.

Interesting to see the different perspectives. I do have the 1.7oz Windsor (wearing it today). I am happy I bought it.

From my own personal perspective, it is a unique scent for sure. I too wanted a little piece of something exclusive.

I like it, but I don't Loooooooove it. It's a bit of an odd scent to me. Tough to wear.

In the end Jack, you've got to decide yourself- there are good arguments both ways. If you really, really like Windsor, that should factor in.

Personally, no regrets, but having two Creeds I really love that I would wear a lot versus this one is a tough call....

Now Vintage Tabarome-- That's a different story.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 4th May 2010 at 11:56 PM.

May I ask, Jack, where did you try Windsor? Unless I'm mistaken it is unavailable anywhere right now?

I love Windsor but I say: go with the fragrance that speaks more *to you*. I think it is perfectly reasonable for somebody who doesn't like Windsor (the fragrance, not the rarity, the snob-appeal, etc.) as much as I sincerely do to not want to shell that kind of money on it.

It's not science, it is not art really (no matter what Luca Turin would tell you), it is more subjective than anything... except love.

I actually bought a 60ml decant of Windsor and regret it.
    even though I paid the same price/ml as the 250ml flacon. Go Figure
    to each his own
    but as StylinLA mentioned, Vintage Tabarome, that's a different story.

I would say if you really feel like its worth it, go for it. It won't be around much longer, although I think it might make a come back
    Last edited by Hasupk@gmail.com; 5th May 2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

they are supposedly putting it out again because it sold out in 2.5 weeks, if you can get it and you love it that much get it you will not get another chance in most cases. this is the only private collection they have brought back after it was sold out.

Sur la Plage

Buy what you like and will wear the most. If that is not Windsor, then so be it - you won't be missing much IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Buy what you like and will wear the most. If that is not Windsor, then so be it - you won't be missing much IMO.
    Agree.

rose with soda pop is what it smells like, i feel like the Creed house has a fascination with soft drinks sometimes. First it was Royal Delight or should i call it royal root beer (thanks Primrose) and now Windsor. Maybe the Creed house should make soft drinks too, they will probably be as unique as the colognes, I would buy a can.

Cool Re: I tried creed windsor and ... this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    rose with soda pop is what it smells like, i feel like the Creed house has a fascination with soft drinks sometimes. First it was Royal Delight or should i call it royal root beer (thanks Primrose) and now Windsor. Maybe the Creed house should make soft drinks too, they will probably be as unique as the colognes, I would buy a can.
    That's funny 007. Royal Delight is the only Creed I truly dislike. I thought Neroli Sauvage evaporated too quickly and Royal Water was a yawn but RD was worse: something made of sweet syrup and God knows what.

Still, I'm happy for those who love it. Live and let Live.
    Offhand, some of my loves from Creed: REL, Acier Aluminium, Himalaya, Baie de Genièvre and whatchamacallit?
    Oh yes, Vintage Tabarome

To the OP: If you're waffling it sounds as if you really don't love it. Forget "exclusivity." Get what you like and save your dough for the next love--or the next impulse buy.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    That's funny 007. Royal Delight is the only Creed I truly dislike. I thought Neroli Sauvage evaporated too quickly and Royal Water was a yawn but RD was worse: something made of sweet syrup and God knows what.

Still, I'm happy for those who love it. Live and let Live.
    Offhand, some of my loves from Creed: REL, Acier Aluminium, Himalaya, Baie de Genièvre and whatchamacallit?
    Oh yes, Vintage Tabarome

To the OP: If you're waffling it sounds as if you really don't love it. Forget "exclusivity." Get what you like and save your dough for the next love--or the next impulse buy.

Cheers,

Mario
    acier is nice, vintage i love it, and royal english is awesome.

Windsor - a not bad, not essential purchase. I bought it, wear it, and don't regret buying it. But I wouldn't rush out to buy more at $400+.

VIW works better on my wife than it does on me. Orange Spice - make sure you're buying a fresh bottle.

And yes, Vintage Tabarome is worth tracking down. I wear it fairly frequently - always a winner.

Thanks everyone. I bought the orange spice and really enjoy it. I have high hopes for the new woods and spices in the fall. If woods and spices is as good as I expect, I will get a falcon and atomizor for christmas.

ugh... i'm glad you like Orange Spice, but i find it hideous.

Windsor and Orange Spice are worlds apart... WOOOOOORLDS.

IMO, worlds apart in price not quality. Windsor being rare makes it interesting to me.

IMO, worlds apart in price not quality. Windsor being rare makes it interesting to me.
    that's funny... the "rarity" of Windsor means absolutely nothing to me.

It's the extraordinary quality of the fragrance that makes me love it.

and yes, I don't mean to be blunt, but the quality of Windsor is WORLDS above Orange Spice. I mean, we're talking facts here, not opinion.

that said, it's your nose, buy what you like even if it's Orange Spice!

Sur la Plage

Thanks everyone. I bought the orange spice and really enjoy it. I have high hopes for the new woods and spices in the fall. If woods and spices is as good as I expect, I will get a falcon and atomizor for christmas.
    You bought what you like - that is all that matters. I think Orange Spice is a great scent.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thats cool you are getting a falcon for Christmas! They are cool birds.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thanks for the spell check,us ingineers arnt known for spelling.

Muffin do you think it cost that much more to make Windsor; how is it a fact Windsor is higher quality. The pizza shop by my house says its the best in the world. According to the owner I guess.

I just tried Orange Spice recently and I noticed that it had a very similar vibe to Eau d'Hermes (vintage) and also Kouros Tattoo. These are cheaper than OS, so give it a try and see if they can hold you over for now.

Thanks Superman, funny I don't care for kouros but like OS.

Jack, did you try the regular Kouros or the Tattoo/Summer flanker?

I tried the regular, never seen flanker.

rose with soda pop is what it smells like
    it boggles my mind that you (repeatedly) knock Windsor for smelling "soda-pop"-like... yet you praise Royal English Leather as one of your favorites colognes.

REL is, by far, one of the most cavity-inducing, sickly-sweet fragrances I have ever smelled. Like someone put root-beer, twizzlers, and ice cream in a blender... with a touch of "new toy" smell (like the inside of a Toys R Us or a new Cabbage Patch Kid).

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    it boggles my mind that you (repeatedly) knock Windsor for smelling "soda-pop"-like... yet you praise Royal English Leather as one of your favorites colognes.

REL is, by far, one of the most cavity-inducing, sickly-sweet fragrances I have ever smelled. Like someone put root-beer, twizzlers, and ice cream in a blender... with a touch of "new toy" smell (like the inside of a Toys R Us or a new Cabbage Patch Kid).
    rel is more leather with a citrus polish, not a soft drink smell at all. royal delight and windsor have soft drink accords in them, just what my nose tells me, and to be honest i do not want to smell like soda.

Muffin do you think it cost that much more to make Windsor; how is it a fact Windsor is higher quality. The pizza shop by my house says its the best in the world. According to the owner I guess.
    I think the ingredients in Windsor are more expensive and of higher quality, yes. Take a look at their compositions sometime and compare. One can also tell how intricately a fragrance is composed by how it wears over time. Windsor has a nice (albeit too brief) progression that winds from gin to pine to rose to powder. Orange Spice, however, is very linear. Smells the same upon application as it does 4 hours later.

Linearity isn't bad, per se, especially if the dominant note is good (see Original Vetiver). But it does take less sophistication and skill to make.

But again, complexity doesn't mean jack if you don't like how it smells! You like the way Orange Spice smells more than Windsor, so by all means go with Orange Spice and enjoy!
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 7th May 2010 at 07:35 PM.

rel is more leather with a citrus polish, not a soft drink smell at all. royal delight and windsor have soft drink accords in them, just what my nose tells me, and to be honest i do not want to smell like soda.
    I'll take comfort in the fact that you are the only one I have ever seen describe Windsor as "soda", and that I've seen many people turned off by the super-sweet root-beer aroma of REL.

I'll take comfort in the fact that you are the only one I have ever seen describe Windsor as "soda", and that I've seen many people turned off by the super-sweet root-beer aroma of REL.
    Rel is not root beer, it is citrus leather and it smells goooood lol, i describe things in a different manner i suppose, windsor to me smells like rose and soda pop, on my skin that is, perhaps the body chem on other people make it smell distinct.

Muffin why don't you get off it and take your comfort and boggled mind away. The man describes things as he wishes and in completely inoffensive ways. Ways that you bully him about, however.

Get off it. No one likes to read bullying like this.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

For the little my experience's worth, I had a big (the Creed logo one) sample of Orange Spice. I liked it quite a bit first I got to wear it... it seemed citrusy and spicy at the same time (no surprise there), and the lingering orange note seemed delicious after two hours. By the time I ended the sample I was glad I didn't buy the bottle. What seemed interesting in the beginning started feeling a tad rude, crude, and disharmoniously put together, for Creed standards that is. Compared to many other things, it is still a decent cologne. Just my 2c.

You know what? Windsor smells like soda.

I'm almost certain that if we were to put together all the negative comments about Windsor, we'd get a total number of commentators a lot greater than the number of all the flacons, atomizers, and decants ever sold, put together. ( :

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    You know what? Windsor smells like soda.
    that makes two of us

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    For the little my experience's worth, I had a big (the Creed logo one) sample of Orange Spice. I liked it quite a bit first I got to wear it... it seemed citrusy and spicy at the same time (no surprise there), and the lingering orange note seemed delicious after two hours. By the time I ended the sample I was glad I didn't buy the bottle. What seemed interesting in the beginning started feeling a tad rude, crude, and disharmoniously put together, for Creed standards that is. Compared to many other things, it is still a decent cologne. Just my 2c.
    Nice way to put it not like your trying to convert someone. I even agree with your opinion, but I still love orange spice. Maybe I'm just in the mood for something "rude and crude." Just getting tired of the sweet fresh stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Muffin why don't you get off it and take your comfort and boggled mind away. The man describes things as he wishes and in completely inoffensive ways. Ways that you bully him about, however.

Get off it. No one likes to read bullying like this.
    Thanks.

that makes two of us
    Makes three of us, but I like soda pop.

Makes three of us, but I like soda pop.
    that's cool, soda can smell good but i am just not sure if one should smell like it.