Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I tried creed windsor and ... this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    it boggles my mind that you (repeatedly) knock Windsor for smelling "soda-pop"-like... yet you praise Royal English Leather as one of your favorites colognes.

REL is, by far, one of the most cavity-inducing, sickly-sweet fragrances I have ever smelled. Like someone put root-beer, twizzlers, and ice cream in a blender... with a touch of "new toy" smell (like the inside of a Toys R Us or a new Cabbage Patch Kid).
    rel is more leather with a citrus polish, not a soft drink smell at all. royal delight and windsor have soft drink accords in them, just what my nose tells me, and to be honest i do not want to smell like soda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Muffin do you think it cost that much more to make Windsor; how is it a fact Windsor is higher quality. The pizza shop by my house says its the best in the world. According to the owner I guess.
    I think the ingredients in Windsor are more expensive and of higher quality, yes. Take a look at their compositions sometime and compare. One can also tell how intricately a fragrance is composed by how it wears over time. Windsor has a nice (albeit too brief) progression that winds from gin to pine to rose to powder. Orange Spice, however, is very linear. Smells the same upon application as it does 4 hours later.

Linearity isn't bad, per se, especially if the dominant note is good (see Original Vetiver). But it does take less sophistication and skill to make.

But again, complexity doesn't mean jack if you don't like how it smells! You like the way Orange Spice smells more than Windsor, so by all means go with Orange Spice and enjoy!
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 7th May 2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    rel is more leather with a citrus polish, not a soft drink smell at all. royal delight and windsor have soft drink accords in them, just what my nose tells me, and to be honest i do not want to smell like soda.
    I'll take comfort in the fact that you are the only one I have ever seen describe Windsor as "soda", and that I've seen many people turned off by the super-sweet root-beer aroma of REL.

I'll take comfort in the fact that you are the only one I have ever seen describe Windsor as "soda", and that I've seen many people turned off by the super-sweet root-beer aroma of REL.
    Rel is not root beer, it is citrus leather and it smells goooood lol, i describe things in a different manner i suppose, windsor to me smells like rose and soda pop, on my skin that is, perhaps the body chem on other people make it smell distinct.

Muffin why don't you get off it and take your comfort and boggled mind away. The man describes things as he wishes and in completely inoffensive ways. Ways that you bully him about, however.

Get off it. No one likes to read bullying like this.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

For the little my experience's worth, I had a big (the Creed logo one) sample of Orange Spice. I liked it quite a bit first I got to wear it... it seemed citrusy and spicy at the same time (no surprise there), and the lingering orange note seemed delicious after two hours. By the time I ended the sample I was glad I didn't buy the bottle. What seemed interesting in the beginning started feeling a tad rude, crude, and disharmoniously put together, for Creed standards that is. Compared to many other things, it is still a decent cologne. Just my 2c.

You know what? Windsor smells like soda.

I'm almost certain that if we were to put together all the negative comments about Windsor, we'd get a total number of commentators a lot greater than the number of all the flacons, atomizers, and decants ever sold, put together. ( :

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    You know what? Windsor smells like soda.
    that makes two of us

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    For the little my experience's worth, I had a big (the Creed logo one) sample of Orange Spice. I liked it quite a bit first I got to wear it... it seemed citrusy and spicy at the same time (no surprise there), and the lingering orange note seemed delicious after two hours. By the time I ended the sample I was glad I didn't buy the bottle. What seemed interesting in the beginning started feeling a tad rude, crude, and disharmoniously put together, for Creed standards that is. Compared to many other things, it is still a decent cologne. Just my 2c.
    Nice way to put it not like your trying to convert someone. I even agree with your opinion, but I still love orange spice. Maybe I'm just in the mood for something "rude and crude." Just getting tired of the sweet fresh stuff.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Muffin why don't you get off it and take your comfort and boggled mind away. The man describes things as he wishes and in completely inoffensive ways. Ways that you bully him about, however.

Get off it. No one likes to read bullying like this.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    that makes two of us
    Makes three of us, but I like soda pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Makes three of us, but I like soda pop.
    that's cool, soda can smell good but i am just not sure if one should smell like it.