Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 5 May

Good morning!

Another day in Guerlain Mitsouko for me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 5 May

Good Morning all, hope the week is passing nicely.

I am wearing Risqué by Juvena, and it really is a lovely scent.

Well, I will be back later, need to sleep now

Hugs all around!!!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Plus

Wednesday is Cabotine Rose by Gres for me, which suits the hot weather in Phoenix very well. I had forgot I stashed an unopened box of it in my "things I leave here" drawer during my last visit.
    Have a fragrant day all!
    Last edited by knit at nite; 5th May 2010 at 06:46 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Morning all. I'm in Mitsouko PDT today.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 5 May

Jean - Paul Guerlain's

V E T I V E R

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm heading for bed now, but thought I would post before retiring in case I cannot get onto the site when I wake up. I'm in an Ava Luxe mood at the moment, so I plan to wear Viva. Good morning or sweet dreams, whichever applies -- and take care, all!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm in a deadly sweet concoction of Eau de Parfum

Dior Addict & Ange ou Démon

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 5th May 2010 at 10:12 AM.

I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but today I'm in Lanvin Rumeur.

And after years of denigrating this stuff .... today I *like* it!

Have a super day, all!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Good morning I'm really moved by how supportive you all were yesterday. Memories can be tough sometimes Today I have to finish the editing for the assignment ( couldn't get much done yesterday). It's a grey day,so it's perfect for studying. Sotd is Coco edp.

mama cassis - smell bent
    Wishlist is pointless.

Feeling the need for my Birthday Flower....

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Keiko Mecheri Day 4 - Oliban

Notes: atlas cedar wood, olibanum, palisander, blonde tobacco, damascena rose, honey, ambergris, tonka bean

Clean and soft focused. It starts brightly, citrus and cloves, then softens into the woods and powdery rose. The frankincense seems to dance in and out, twirling with the other notes. It has the sort of unisex elegance that would make it scrummy on a man, whilst also reminding me of Hitchcock heroines.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Blog Entries

Joining Taolady in lilies of the valley today, with a bottle of Muguet des Bois from the 90s, before they added the swampy notes to it. My own lilies of the valley should be opening any day....

Basenotes Plus

Giving High Line a test run from a purse spray sample.

Sofie is home today with a migraine...sleeping now.

I'll keep the scents on the low down, so they won't bother her.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Dorissima Narziß.

Notes include tarragon, royal sage, rose, atlas cedar, vetiver, tonka, and fig leaves.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mr. G., that leather bottle is superb!

Soirdelune, I wore Rumeur yesterday for substitute teaching (3rd graders - oy!). I love Rumeur, it's light but long lasting. Someone said it smells like Narcisso Rodriguez for Her, and I didn't get that at first but now I do. It's just not as cloying and dense.

Ineespenes, I missed posting yesterday - sending you a ((hug)) sweet girl. ♥

I’m wearing Cabaret by Grès today. I love it. A reviewer said it reminded her of the old rose glycerin soap from Crabtree & Evelyn, and I agree – it smells very much like that, a clean, crisp & light rose. This is becoming a comfort scent for me, I suppose just because of personal associations with rose fragrances like this. I find them soothing.

Lately, I reel from the super sweet and syrupy to the dry and crisp. I haven’t yet found a perfect balance between the two, so I alternate.

Hope all goes well for everybody today, and (whispering) get well soon wishes for Sofie.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 5th May 2010 at 01:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, my bottle of Muguet des Bois must be getting old, as the scent was nearly gone by the time I got back from taking DD to school.

I checked the back yard and my lilies of the valley are indeed opening, so I picked one to whiff and compare with MdB and Diorissimo.

This led to a little scent-comparing. The result: I layered Diorissimo over a fresh spritz of Muguet des Bois, and the result was more like the real scent of LOTV than either of the perfumes by themselves.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 5th May 2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: tags

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Baldessariini this already warm and muggy AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hanae Mori : HM for Men (EDT)

Hermes Kelly Caleche for this morning. A bracing and slightly sharp take on floral and leather combo.

Malle Lys Mediterrane.

Going to see Steve Smith of Red & Green fame this coming Sunday -- gotta love the Possum Lodge handy man with a roll of duct tape, raspy voice and incredible sense of reality (check your PBS stations).

I am wearing Ta'if today.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

L'Heure Bleue

@TaoLady: thanks, dear....
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Afternoon all,

weird weather day in my part of Sweden today, it seems like spring really wants to be here but is hesitating. Sunny and warm one minute, then chilly winds and clouds the next.

I could still smell my Angel Celestial Body Cream when I woke this morning, so I layered it with Eau de Star. I really didn't like this when I first tried it, I thought the watermelon note was metallic and synthetic. The only way I can wear it is very, very moderately applied; one spritz between the twins is enough. That way it stays really nice, and I don't get the feeling of artificially coloured melon sweets.

Basenotes Plus

RHM, I'm sorry about Sofie's migraine. I hope she's feeling better soon. xo

Chanel No 22. I never fail to be bowled over by the beauty of this one.

Take care, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Carnal Flower

Beautiful sunny spring day here in Somerville and I wanted to wear something bright fragrance-wise.

Jo Malone White Tie & Tiara

This is one of those fragrances I'm liking more every time I wear it and I liked it fine the first time I wore it.

Have a Worthy Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Institution

Good morning to everyone and good thoughts to all of you !

Scent twins with Tigs and Libertine in Mitsouko.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 5th May 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Apres L'Ondee
    The infamous fragrance of violets in the rain.
    Melancholy and joy at once, as when the sun peeks through a rain cloud.
    Heartache is painful, but the memories of love are sweet.

Notes: heliotrope, vanilla, iris roots, anise, violets, and carnations
    Last edited by kumquat; 5th May 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Patchoulissime by Keiko Mecheri (from a sample)

I woke up this morning, craving a patchouli scent. Since it seemed too warm to reach for my Borneo 1834, I decided I'd try this one out that's been on my To Sample list for a while. It reminds me of White Patchouli by Tom Ford, but a bit more natural smelling. Not so rose prominent. A bit too musky for my tastes, but it has a nice sheerness that I'm warming to.

Morning greetings from West Coast US. I'm off to work in Shaal Nur...

Good morning from Canada!

Am enjoying Lise Watier's Desirable.

I hope spirits are brighter today for those feeling low. Have a great day, everyone!

Good day all!

Wearing IRISSS on left hand, Irish Silver Mist on right... (both from samples/decants)

I'm comparing, since my first sniff of IRISSS seemed exactly like ISM! (But no, on closer comparison, ISM + vanilla - some cedar = Irisss. So Irisss is a bit wetter and sweeter.)

Will be off work for 3 weeks until my next orthopod appointment. Resting in Laguna, to like a semi-aquatic is a new experience for me.

Blast from the past: Clinique Happy. The sillage is so awesome on this one today.

I'm joining Petra and mikeperez in a Keiko Mecheri sample. I got my sample box last night, and if you have the slightest interest in trying this line, it's a fantastic deal. I chose five scents and they threw in three bonuses, so for $12 I got eight 2 ml. sprays, very pretty with gold lettering, and they come in individual paper envelopes listing the notes in each plus there's a booklet with descriptions of all the scents in the line.

I'm in KEIKO MECHERI OSMANTHUS for my first test.

I'm not sure what osmanthus actually smells like, but people who've said this scent is strongly reminiscent of SL Datura Noir are totally right, to my nose. KM Osmanthus is a little softer and doesn't have quite as much of the poisonous/narcotic note I find so intoxicating in Datura Noir, but that note is there and the fragrances are very similar. I don't know if it smells like osmanthus, but it's lovely and heady and I like it a lot.
    Last edited by Thalia; 5th May 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Caron Nuit de Noel EdT.

And ha! Looking at pictures on Google, I think osmanthus are the ornamental trees that are blooming like crazy a couple of blocks from my house in the mini-mall landscaping! I'm going to walk over and sniff them after work.

Somehow it takes some of the mystery and allure from a niche soliflore when you realize that the real thing is growing next to the Rite-Aid.
    Last edited by Thalia; 5th May 2010 at 05:18 PM.

Eau D'Hadrien edt Annick Goutal

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Got some goodies in the mail today, so I'm in;

Fleur du Male

- Eau de Toilette -

Wearing Hermes Voyage today. This is such a divine fragrance. I'm thrilled to have it in my wardrobe.

It's Guerlain Sous le Vent for me today.

Osmanthus oil smells mossy, apricot-like, rich and sweet. It's absolutely delightful. I've been working with it recently on a personal blend with tuberose and gardenia notes. In fact, that's the scent I've been mostly wearing this week...

... today I'm sampling Scents of Time by David Pybus.

Tomorrow I'll be at Poole and Bournemouth College together with a rep from P&G to co-evaluate students' perfume marketing presentations. They've chosen Coty and Scents of Time as topics. Should be very interesting!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 5 May

Encre Noir with a touch of Timbuktu.

I woke up wanting L'Artisan's Bois Farine. Don't know why. I'm also wearing this musk from Sabon called Zohar -- it's surprisingly lovely on me and only $32!

Thank you all for your kindness and sympathy at this sad time. It means a lot to me.

I am not wearing anything, I am really sad for what has happened today in the centre of Athens, were three people were killed in a fire during a huge demonstration march...

I send my wishes for a speedy recovery to Sofie and Zibeline.

Sending happy thoughts for everyone here and hugs to all who need them.

It's another gloomy day here (about 2 weeks straight now!!!) of cold, overcast, windy, rainy weather with occasional hail storms. When will this all end or, at least, when will we get a break??!!! Attempting to brighten my mood with the 90s' version (with rose, geranium, and narcissus) of Aveda's...
    Chakra V - Creativity

It smells almost exactly like Aveda's Volumizing Tonic, very refreshing and uplifting!

Gentle healing hugs for Zibeline, Sofie (and her mom!), and Dora...

SOTD: Manoumalia

I go back and forth on this one. I'm still using up my sample, but sometimes it's like the next "must have" and other days...not. Today, it reminds me a LOT of Fracas. Maybe I'll wear that one tonight or tomorrow.

Thalia has captured my attention with the mention of a KM sample set? Hmmmm....off to look now...

Azzaro chrome is just about the only thing i can wear in the 90's with high humidity

I love that white Fleur du Male bottle.

I got carried away with my fragrances today, spritzing on this and that, so freshened up with an afternoon shower and Jo Malone's Tuberose from a sample Mysticknot sent me a while back. This is pretty, thanks (((M)))! I'm ready to face the evening now and get dinner going. I owe my husband a decent meal. It seems like ages since I've bothered to cook anything.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to anyone celebrating!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 5th May 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Lilybelle- glad you're enjoying the Tuberose !

I'm joining you in tuberose love with Carnal Flower this afternoon - just got back from the gym .

Basenotes Plus

My girl is feeling better & she asked me to say "thank you!" to those of you who wished she was feeling better. My sister says that her son also had migraines as a child but he out grew them.
    He started fire school today, so I've been thinking about him.

The High Line didn't last long on my skin but the Apres L'Ondee I applied afterwards lasted the entire day. Now I'm wafting around in Balenciaga Paris, my mama's day present to myself.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    And ha! Looking at pictures on Google, I think osmanthus are the ornamental trees that are blooming like crazy a couple of blocks from my house in the mini-mall landscaping! I'm going to walk over and sniff them after work.

Somehow it takes some of the mystery and allure from a niche soliflore when you realize that the real thing is growing next to the Rite-Aid.
    Heehee!

Hugs and well-wishes to all today in our mostly nutty world!

Today I achieved my "under-avatar-descriptor" by wearing Montale Black Aoud to work.

... I literally left a trail of scent everwhere I went. I really thought I hadn't overapplied, but apparently I need to significantly underapply this for work. Nobody complained, even said it smelled nice. But next time, I'll try to remember that on my mentoring session Wednesdays I need to back off a little and wear something more discreet!

Oddly enough, it was perfect for a warm but quite windy day... of course most of my day is spent in an air conditioned office so it may as well be freezing outside as far as that's concerned.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

30 Roses, am TOTALLY jealous of your little treasure trove of muguets. I had them in PA but no way will they grow down here. LUV your Diorissimo/Coty combo. Must try with my Molinard.

Meanwhile, thanks to an intro from C Rose I ordered

Kenzo Eau de Fleur de The
    (always on the peony trail!!)

Airy and pretty - almost aquatic light floral in which peony shows up very late in the game. Great blind buy!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Malle Lys Mediterrane.

Going to see Steve Smith of Red & Green fame this coming Sunday -- gotta love the Possum Lodge handy man with a roll of duct tape, raspy voice and incredible sense of reality (check your PBS stations).
    I love the Red Green show... I always laugh at it for reasons other than the boyfriend laughs at it, but there ya go.

Which brings to mind... What would Red Green wear?
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

Now my Carnal Flower has worn off ..... I'm in Vol de Nuit extrait.

Good evening all,

Sorry to hear so much sadness occurring in people's lives at the moment. May the remainder of the week bring much peace and happiness.

Tonight I decided to put on a little Guerlain Philtre d'Amour, in the original bottle (which is just so darling). I wish I would have been smart enough to purchase a few at the time, when they were sold for a reasonable amount and in the tall spray bottle.

Well, hope everyone has a pleasant night with sweet dreams and a glorious morning awakening to follow.

Huge hugs for all
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Havana Reserva tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Nighty, night...AG's Heure Exquise for sweet dreams.