Code of Conduct

Default Is my Eau D'Hermes vintage or reformulated?

I just bought this bottle of Eau D'Hermes and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's the vintage or the reformulated version? It has the same bottle as this picture:

This is a really smooth leathery and slightly animalic scent. It's what I was hoping Cuir Ottoman would be like. Very masculine and sexy... well at least I feel like that when I put it on

If this is reformulated, I really wanna try to see what the vintage one is like.

Default Re: Is my Eau D'Hermes vintage or reformulated?

i have one with a clear cap, and i felt it smelled a bit different from the one i tested, which would be the one you have. i think yours is older, i remember it as a bit more earthy, and less fresh. having smelled it only once (and that was the first time) i think i liked your version better, but i can't tell how big the difference really is. it could be perception/memory, or even diminished topnotes, it just seemed different. (lots of uncertainties, i know! maybe other members have experienced something?)

i do not know if there's an even older version.

i have one with a clear cap, and i felt it smelled a bit different from the one i tested, which would be the one you have. i think yours is older, i remember it as a bit more earthy, and less fresh. having smelled it only once (and that was the first time) i think i liked your version better, but i can't tell how big the difference really is. it could be perception/memory, or even diminished topnotes, it just seemed slightly different.

Basenotes Institution