Code of Conduct

Default l'Occitane Eau De Baux

Was in the DFW airport last week with 4 hours between flights and wondered into a l'Occitane store for the first time to experience their products. In general, their fragrances were quite appealing to my nose .... especially the men's Eau De Baux which I ended up purchasing. I found it quite different from the usual run-of-the-mill fragrances found in most department stores. This is a great day-time fragrance for the office and casual wear. Not overpowering, but subtly classy.

Top Note: Pink pepper, Cardamom
    Middle Note: Cyprus, Incense
    Base Note: Vanilla, Tonka Bean

Default Re: l'Occitane Eau De Baux

Eau Des Baux is indeed a great fragrance, distinctive and highly enjoyable to wear, good choice!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Hey, I live in DFW!! I've been lookin' EVERYWHERE to find it all over the place. Who knew it'd be a short drive away. Hmmph...

I popped into L'occitane this evening to try this fragrance, all I can say is that this is not my cup of tea...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Sur la Plage

I think it is fantastic stuff.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think it is fantastic stuff.
    I concur. It is long-lasting with a sweet touch. A nice oriental for about $40 USD and a matching line of shaving products.

I agree also that this may not be for everyone.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Not my cup of tea either really
    smells like some medicated rub to me
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

LOVE Eav des Bavx also but I do have to say from using it a long time now ... less is definitely more. On my skin anyway, it's very easy to overspray. Some days I hit it just right and it smells fantastic. Others, not so much. Difficult (for me anyway) to really hit the "sweet spot" with this but when I do, it's well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasupk@gmail.com View Post
    Not my cup of tea either really
    smells like some medicated rub to me
    You obviously go to a better class of medic than me then lol.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

l'Occitane makes some excellent fragrances that deserve some recognition. Eau de Baux is great. They also have a fabulous Iris and other interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    l'Occitane makes some excellent fragrances that deserve some recognition. Eau de Baux is great. They also have a fabulous Iris and other interesting stuff.
    I agree, tott. The Notre FLore Iris is a wonderful iris that is not too powdery. I can call this a unisex, but recommend a test/wear first.

The Cade (juniper) and AOC Lavender are also good in the men's line.

The Labdanum is absolutely dreamy!! Very unisex!

http://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Catalog/...:referralID=NA
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

A wonderful fragrance.

All of their men's fragrance are great.

Eau de Baux in the shower gel is super stuff - it will start your morning off right.

Eau de Baux the best of the range for sure! Spiced woody goodness in a bottle.

I really like many L'Occitane scents, with the notable exception of Vetyver, which I expected to enjoy. Seemed kind of medicinal and rubbery to me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I need to try this one.

One thing I will say that in my experience the L'Occitane stores have wonderful customer service: attentive, but not pushy, friendly and knowledgable. I have been thoroughly impressed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    One thing I will say that in my experience the L'Occitane stores have wonderful customer service: attentive, but not pushy, friendly and knowledgable. I have been thoroughly impressed with them.
    +1. I went in there the other day to get a reed diffuser (they make great room scents, FYI) and had a wonderful experience.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Good scent but I found it to be something Serge Lutens would have done but softer, so I tend to enjoy Chergui, etc...more.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    +1. I went in there the other day to get a reed diffuser (they make great room scents, FYI) and had a wonderful experience.
    I'm always interested in hearing about good room scents. Which did you chose? Do you have experience with more than one of them? (Sorry to derail the thread, Eau de Baux is great!)
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    All of their men's fragrance are great.
    I agree, but the Baux is the masterpiece of the lot.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'm always interested in hearing about good room scents. Which did you chose? Do you have experience with more than one of them? (Sorry to derail the thread, Eau de Baux is great!)
    I ended up getting the Lavender (very pure and calming - and I love lavender as a room scent), but I also really liked the Provence one, which also featured lavender prominently, but also featured some other herbs and florals. They had a really nice Fig room scent, too.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 7th May 2010 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I ended up getting the Lavender (very pure and calming - and I love lavender as a room scent), but I also really liked the Provence one, which also featured lavender prominently, but also featured some other herbs and florals. They had a really nice Fig room scent, too.
    Thanks LJ! I'll definitely give em' a sniff next time I'm near a L'Occitane.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense