Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Samples - What is your average order size & how often do you order? Examples?

I'm very curious as to sample-ordering habits. I've just placed 2 orders, and I'd love to know what others do. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Samples - What is your average order size & how often do you order? Examples?

I binge-order. Every so often I just go on a spree and buy samples or minis from five or six lines at once. Then I settle down and smell everything for a few months until the urge hits me again and I go on another drunken spree -- well, perfumes ARE alcohol-based products, I guess it makes sense.

In the last month or so, I've bought unsniffed minis of Fendi Theorema, Guerlain Mahora, and Balmain Vent Vert (all of which I love, it doesn't always work out that way!), plus bought three samples from Beautyhabit (and they threw in two extras), five samples from Keiko Mecheri (they threw in three extra), and six samples from Eau D'Italie. I also got a sample of J.Lo Deseo free at Sephora, a free carded sample of Ed Hardy Hearts and Daggers at Macys, and a couple of free samples-with-purchase from Beautyhabit. Now I'm not going to buy anything for a few months -- really! Unless I cave and get the Ormonde Jayne discovery set, but I think I'm going to hold off until I have less to smell.

For me, sample programs are a reasonable way to experience many very expensive frags that I would probably never purchase in a full bottle -- although my Beautyhabit samples did lead to a purchase, which I'm thrilled with. I think all my sample purchases above added up to $42, and for that amount I get to try 19 fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Samples - What is your average order size & how often do you order? Examples?

I ordered a few times a year, but usually no more than around six or so at a time. I think it's too expensive with shipping (I'm cheap), but I will do it if I'm really interested in a fragrance and don't want to blind buy a full bottle. I'm about ready to hit the 'submit' button an order for samples of a few Guerlain and Chanel classics. I'm trying hard not to feed any cravings but it seems like a hopeless cause.

Post Thanks / Like

my sample size is 4-6, every 2 months roughly.
    But then there is swapping with friends, and getting mini viles at the mall. :-)
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, manufacturer sample programs are usually much more reasonably priced than samples from retailers like Luckyscent, Perfumed Court, or Beautyhabit.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I been known to order just 1 sample from Luckyscent and then again ,also up to 6-7 samples at crazed times. My average would be 3 I guess.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Splash Bottles Suck
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Thalia about the manufacturers providing samples at a better price than other online retail distributors. Before christmas I ordered 5 samples from L'Artisan in Montreal, and only had to pay the shipping. Those same 5 samples would have cost at least $15 plus $5 shipping from TPC or Luckyscent.

I only became interested in perfume about a year ago, and I've been ordering samples every few months, on average about 5-6 at a a time. Sometimes I feel it is a better deal to order more when ordering from places like TPC and Luckyscent because of the flat rate shipping (10 samples acquired from two orders placed a few months apart costs $10 shipping rather than $5 if I ordered them all at once). I try to discipline myself though, because in an order of 5 or 6 samples I'll take the ones that I like the best or find the most interesting, and determine from those what kind of scents I want to order in my next set of samples. As a novice I've found this to be a good way of navigating the huge sea of fragrances out there.