Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question I Heard it on the Grape Vine.

I was doing some research on the internet when I came across a site on which you choose your favorite fragrance and the site recomends three others based on your favorite fragrance. So, I could not resist typing in (yes, you guessed it) Mitsouko. It came up with Rochas Femme and Histoire d'Amour. Now I know I can't deal with one of the notes in Rochas Femme but, I have no experience with Histoire d'Amour. Please put on your analytical hat and bestow any information you might have regarding this fragrance. I await your replies.

Default Re: I Heard it on the Grape Vine.

Long time ago when I was doing them teasers, I had one about it. #73, if you use Advanced Search option.

Kumquat is selling hers -- what? two years now? -- on the Sale and Swap Forum. Cheap, too!

This same source where you saw the other two fragrances, actually gives three. Go back and check the third one -- it is well worth hunting down, too!

While sniffing XerJoff line a few weeks ago, I mentioned this Aubusson as a better fragrance with the same feel as compared to Shingl.
    Last edited by Twolf; 6th May 2010 at 11:04 PM.

Here is the link for everyone, if you are interested: http://www.fragrance-editions.com/fa...id=2139&type=F

It is Michael Edwards'.

I was smitten with Histoire d'Amour when I first discovered it about seven years ago, but haven't worn in much in the past couple of years. Its not fruity like Mitsouko, but is a lovely, well balanced Chypre IMO. It has some notes that are somewhat uncommon in Chypres: Osmanthus, Narcissus; but also has galbanum giving it a nice greeness. Its a steal at the price you can get it for now - get some!