Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Fragrances I'm ashamed to admit I like (guilty pleasures)

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I admit to liking the EDT of Guerlain's Insolence. Candy-flower violet top notes that no self-respecting Basenoter would admit to taking an interest in...
    Nope...I love Insolence!

Default Re: Fragrances you feel you 'shouldn't' like but secretly do...

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Pink Sugar, Escada Moon Sparkle and Marylin Miglin's Goddess for me. As for shockers on somebody else, one of our execs, a very polished woman of about 45 smelled lovely one day. I asked what it was expecting something pricey or exotic. She quietly said "Paris Hilton".
    Shout out to a fellow "Marilyn Miglin Goddess" Fan
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

WINGSfor men giorgio beverly hills... drugstore royalty

I've been ashamed to like Ambrette 9 by Le Labo for a long time now. Just because so many people say it smells like babies. That or they can't smell it at all. But I can smell it all day! All the time! It doesn't make me think of babies! It clings to my skin and I love it. It's on my "find a decant" list.

I also love love love Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. I love it, another one of those barely-there scents, and again it clings on all day. I saw somebody describe it as "gloopy" on another forum, and I was like, "... gloopy? GLOOPY?!" I got all outraged! "I think you'll find that's Miss Dior Cherie. Not Miss Dior Cherie L'eau!" Well, I think it's lovely! Nuh nuh nuh! I didn't respond to the comment, but I said it loudly to my computer screen.

So I'm kind of embarrassed about those two. And also, whenever I click Harajuku Lovers Lil' Angel as my scent of the day, I get worried people think I'm wearing the regular Lil' Angel. I always want to be like, "No, no. NO! It's the Sunshine Cuties version!" Which is so much better, obviously. But it is! It's delicious!
    Last edited by mel_lou; 5th July 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Sometimes I find that it isn't the fact that the fragrance is mass market, sold by a celebrity ,advertised to the gender opposite my own or to an age demographic I am no longer/or not in yet isn't the embarrassing thing about a fragrance . The embarrassing thing is the NAME!!!!!
    I wear fragrance first for my own enjoyment NOT to seduce someone around me !I just want nice smells (LOTS and lots see my wardrobe)
    One of these days I will be wearing a nice Sophie Grojsman rose scent at work and I 'll be asked what I'm wearing<wince at the thought>
    Ummm.... Sexual . No I'm NOT trying to hit on you -it's the name of the fragrance . Try Ross or Marshalls if you want a bottle.
    There are other fragrances with ick names too .The whole sex sells thing is gonna make me copy the character in a Stephen Bly book and rename or number any awful named scents that I am uncomfortable revealling the name of.
    (western-mystery-comedy-romance trilogy quite a hoot especially the fragrance incidents)
    Currently wearing: Walk On Air by Kate Spade

Basenotes Plus

Honestly, the only thing that could make me ashamed would be to realize that I was wearing frags based on others' opinions of what I should like, rather than letting my own preferences guide me.

That said, FCUK Her is a fragrance name that's pretty cringe-inducing...
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrances you feel you 'shouldn't' like but secretly do...

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    +1...
    +2.

I don't really do shame for the harmless things I enjoy in life, but I have a fondness for New West that is a little out of tune with the rest of my taste. It was my first instant fragrance love, although I have never owned or worn it myself. Perhaps I should do something about that, perhaps I should just enjoy the scent memory.

Also another vote for Pink Sugar. It's nauseating, horrifying and fascinating at the same time, but I love how distinctive it is.

Cool Re: Fragrances I'm ashamed to admit I like (guilty pleasures)

I adore Jessica Simpson's fragrances, yes, Fancy and Fancy Nights. There I've said it!

Basenotes Institution

I've grown to love Idole d'Armani !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Red Door E Arden

I'm not a huge one for marine scents, but I have a soft spot for Giorgio Ocean Dreams as it was one of my first 'grown up' perfumes as a young teen. Also, all hail Dana- I love Tabu, English Leather and their version of Chantilly. All cheap and trashy! I like Charlie also- and what's embarrassing about Sun, Moon and Stars?! I love it!

Coco and No 19. Why? "What? Coco and No. 19?? Arent they for women??"

'Guilt' is strong word... but, okay. I love vintage Arpege extrait, but there is no way but saying that it is so quintessentially feminine smelling to my nose - until it reaches its slightly leathery-animalic base (this is sublime!). I love it though and have worn it going out of the house. I did not notice any special attention I was drawing.

I LOVE Jessica Simpson Fancy. Love.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

i wear Zirh Ikon (to work) and Trumper Sandalwood (to parties)
    not only are they men's fragrances but they are inexpensive, and so eay to wear.
    maybe because my other guilty pleasure (appart from spending time and money sniffing scents) is cigarette smoking.. this does call for specific juice gear lol (i still wear my hair long, enjoy nice clothes and some jewelry though
    i end up being quite vague as where i get my sandalwood and spice from, when asked.
    Vivre d’erreurs et de parfums.

Pour comprendre le bonheur, il faut le voir comme étant une récompense et jamais un but. (Antoine de St Exupéry).