Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Heritage question

^^^
    I agree completely Mike, I also notice a very high quality sandalwood note from top to bottom in the vintage (1996 orange box) EDP that I don't smell in the vintage (1996 orange box) EDT, although I think there must be sandalwood in the EDT too, but it's very pronounced in the EDP.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You're welcome. Always happy to see a newbie who appreciates the artistry and achievements of the house of Guerlain.

I am wearing the very last of my decant of the vintage EdP as my SOTD. When I sprayed it on this morning, the first thing I notice is a very prominent sandalwood note, right off the bat. Maybe in the vintage juice Guerlain used real Mysore sandalwood (?). It's a bit more 'meaty' than the sharp radiance of the EdT. It's a tiny detail, but it's what makes it click for me.
    So now it makes sense why while i didn`t dectect so significant differences between the old edp and the new edp, i found the vintage edp richer and more natural...

Basenotes Institution

rickbr - you can find a HUGE amount of information on the differences between Heritage vintage and new Eau de Parfum, and the differences in the bottles / boxes/ caps on Indie_Guy's thread from last year here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...view?p=1657251
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th May 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rickbr - you can find a HUGE amount of information on the differences between Heritage vintage and new Eau de Parfum, and the differences in the bottles / boxes/ caps on Indie_Guy's thread from last year here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...view?p=1657251
    Thanks for the link Mike!
    I discovered that I have the first reformulation of Heritage, since my bottle is the 75ml refill. It has a slightly different opening from the first edp that I bought, but is much better than the recent one, which I weared one time and couldn't wear again because of the strange opening

The mystery continues...

2 vintage bottles of Heritage...
    One of them has a batch # (ZK 2CA 2) on the bottom and on the side of the box, the other doesn't.
    The only difference is that the box with the batch # is more of a matte box than the other one, which is a glossy box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

I guess the questions have been answered, so i wanted tot add that there's also a newer bottle, rectangular shaped, of the 75 ml Héritage, with golden "framing" on the actual bottle, different from the "regular" bottle. The shape is similar to that of the L'arsene lupin bottles but golden framed, golden normal heritage juice, and round bulkier cap. I think it's limited ed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    I guess the questions have been answered, so i wanted to add that there's also a newer bottle, rectangular shaped, of the 75 ml Héritage, with golden "framing" on the actual bottle, different from the "regular" bottle. The shape is similar to that of the L'arsene lupin bottles but golden framed, golden normal heritage juice, and round bulkier cap. I think it's limited ed as well.
    Can you post a link?

Castorpollux,, can you post a link please, so we can "see" what that new design is ?

you can head over to monsieurguerlain's site, a fellow basenoter and he has many bottle galleries, i believe he has one pic over there

the link is here:
    http://monsieurguerlain2.blogspot.co...ollection.html

His site is great so make sure to contact him and thank him too!

cheers

note: he was on Basenotes a long time ago but i don't know if he's still active or if he canceled his account, he posted the link to his website ages ago.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 11th August 2010 at 11:38 PM.

you can head over to monsieurguerlain's site, a fellow basenoter and he has many bottle galleries, i believe he has one pic over there

the link is here:

cheers

note: he was on Basenotes a long time ago but i don't know if he's still active or if he canceled his account, he posted the link to his website ages ago.
    Thank you for the link. However, these bottles are not new designs. As a matter of fact, those are the original bottles (EDT and EDP) that were used, to release Heritage. I'm also thinking that the right bottle (the longer smaller one with the gold frame) was a refill bottle.
    Feel free to correct me, if I'm mistaken.

you might want to ask Mr.Guerlain about his bottle of course, he's a nice guy so he'll help you out.

cheers!

Basenotes Institution

the link is here:

cheers

Mr. G is on vacation and will most likely be back posting on BN soon.

I guess the questions have been answered, so i wanted tot add that there's also a newer bottle, rectangular shaped, of the 75 ml Héritage, with golden "framing" on the actual bottle, different from the "regular" bottle. The shape is similar to that of the L'arsene lupin bottles but golden framed, golden normal heritage juice, and round bulkier cap. I think it's limited ed as well.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that is a new bottle as one of the vintage EdP versions used to come in that gold-framed bottle. I recently saw it on either Scentemental or Xmen's sale thread.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that is a new bottle as one of the vintage EdP versions used to come in that gold-framed bottle. I recently saw it on either Scentemental or Xmen's sale thread.
    Right,,, that's what I said in Post #40