Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Gay Guys Only!!!! What Fragrance do you like on men?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Anthony View Post
    I don't think you can beat the scent of clean, does it for me all of the time.
    Clean Men?? Original? i do love the Shower Fresh!

D&G The One. My BF wears it so I guess that counts?
    TBH I'd probably like anything (male or female fragrance) on a guy if he was cute enough

Blog Entries

Monsieur Rochas.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I've got to admit, I don't really like the title of this thread. If I posted a thread "Straight Guys Only" it could be viewed as homophobic.

Do we really have to subdivide ourselves? I thought we were all here because we loved fragrances.

What next?

White guys! What fragrances do you like on other white people?

An extreme example I know, but you get my drift.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

^^ please, not again!

Thread From Yesterday!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 10th May 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I've got to admit, I don't really like the title of this thread. If I posted a thread "Straight Guys Only" it could be viewed as homophobic.

Do we really have to subdivide ourselves? I thought we were all here because we loved fragrances.

What next?

White guys! What fragrances do you like on other white people?

An extreme example I know, but you get my drift.
    Do you also think that the Sticky ("which scent gets you the most female compliments") has to be closed?

Stop whining.

Blog Entries

Good god.

I left these forums for just such a post.

My first day back as a poster and it rears its ugly head.

Guess it's me.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Good god.

I left these forums for just such a post.

My first day back as a poster and it rears its ugly head.

Guess it's me.
    Aw Hoos, we've missed you and don't want you to go. We like Monsieur Rochas too. We'll all say we're wearing it if it will make things better.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hey, Guys,

I am obsessed with frags (FOR ME), but, truth told, I love a man to smell absolutely natural. I even like a slight male body odor when getting really close. I know that makes me a big hypocrite, since I like to smell like a perfume counter, but there it is! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    Do you also think that the Sticky ("which scent gets you the most female compliments") has to be closed?

Stop whining.
    Stop whining?

Oh, I have a multitude of responses to that, but in the interests of keeping my temper, I'll refrain.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    ^^ please, not again!

Thread From Yesterday!
    Fair enough - I didn't see that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post

What about the appalling division of the men's and women's forum? We're all here because we enjoy frags, right? No need to be so sexist about it!

For better or worse, we aren't disembodied noses appreciating smell for its own sake. The scents we wear intersect with our cultural perspectives, our sexual and gender identities, and even our religious views ( as an example, a number of former and practicing catholics have strong associations with frankincense, both good and bad depending on their experiences ).

This has been hashed over in another thread, but given it's come up again, it's worth addressing on this thread, too.

Straight guys do this all the time - see this endless thread. Why are there so many guys who just want to know what straight women think is sexy on a guy? I find guys sexy - don't I get a say? Well, no, because what I find sexy is not necessarily going to help a guy trying to appeal to women. Likewise, this is a thread by a gay guy looking to find what other gay guys find sexy. I don't see why there can't be threads for both, or even further divisions if someone cares to post them. ( There has been a "What do older women like?" thread quite recently - i.e. "Cougars only!" ) Nothing anti-hetero was said here, it was just someone seeking to target a gay audience for their opinions just as straight guys ask straight women almost daily on Basenotes.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 10th May 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    What about the appalling division of the men's and women's forum? We're all here because we enjoy frags, right? No need to be so sexist about it!

For better or worse, we aren't disembodied noses appreciating smell for its own sake. The scents we wear intersect with our cultural perspectives, our sexual and gender identities, and even our religious views ( as an example, a number of former and practicing catholics have strong associations with frankincense, both good and bad depending on their experiences ).

This has been hashed over in another thread, but given it's come up again, it's worth addressing on this thread, too.

Straight guys do this all the time - see this endless thread. Why are there so many guys who just want to know what straight women think is sexy on a guy? I find guys sexy - don't I get a say? Well, no, because what I find sexy is not necessarily going to help a guy trying to appeal to women. Likewise, this is a thread by a gay guy looking to find what other gay guys find sexy. I don't see why there can't be threads for both, or even further divisions if someone cares to post them. ( There has been a "What do older women like?" thread quite recently - i.e. "Cougars only!" ) Nothing anti-hetero was said here, it was just someone seeking to target a gay audience for their opinions just as straight guys ask straight women almost daily on Basenotes.
    Oh... whatever.

Pardon me for having an opinion.

Interesting thread It's kinda funny that people say there aren't many gay men that enjoy fragrances. It's interesting to see all these stereotypes get smashededed. Not all women enjoy them either so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's fun to see things from a different perspective!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I sprayed L'instant EDP this morning and fell in love with myself all over again today.

Basenotes Institution

I enjoy smelling many fragrances on guys, too many to mention. Preferably something that does NOT smell aquatic, fresh and is lightly applied.

Off the top of my head: Tuscany by Aramis smells so sexy on a guy. But, the weird thing is, I don't own a bottle of it. Strange, huh?

I'm a sucker for a gentleman that can pull of scents I can't. Why, just last week, I was rendered wholly incapacitated by a dude wearing Tom Ford for Men. It smells rancid on me, but on him it smelled like heaven.

Kerosene

Quote Originally Posted by le grand duc View Post
    you were last night ...

hahahaha!

Guys, please start wearing more Kouros. You have no idea how good it makes you smell. I can't think of a sexier scent.

That said, just about any fragrance would appeal to me if worn by a guy I'm really into, even the most derivative Light Blue/Cool Water clone.