Code of Conduct

Default Gay Guys Only!!!! What Fragrance do you like on men?

This one is for the amazing gay men!!!! I thought it would be interesting to ask: What scent do you like to smell on another man? What do you think is sexy? What scent draws you in?????? What do you get the most male compliments on??????? HAVE FUN with this and I can't wait to see your responses!!!! HAGD! \

Default Re: Gay Guys Only!!!! What Fragrance do you like on men?

Honestly, I'd like to smell any of my favorite fragrances on a guy, as long as it wasn't the same as what I was wearing that day. Can't say there's any one particular fragrance I find sexy, but orientals and florals are more inviting than citrus or aquatics ( again, reflecting my tastes in general ).

I'm the only gay guy I've ever met - aside from quite a few fellow Basenoters - who is into fragrances. Most, in fact, specifically state how they hate fragrances, so there's no such thing as a "first date" fragrance for me; it's far too risky.

lols Vladdypwnz...
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

AAAhahaha, Vladdy!

Well, let's see ... I have been with more than one guy wearing PI,
    especially this hung, blond dude, that I have vivid memories of.
    J'adore blond dudes ... and, my oh my, this one in particular was a
    jawbreaker..! *meeeeeeeeeeeeow*
    Therefor I like PI on a man, brings back memories ... sticky and sweet!

But a (clean) sweaty man, wearing no frag at all, can sometimes be
    the best smelling dude on the dancefloor ...
    I know that my fellow gay BNers, and some ladies, will agree on this one!

I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is. I like to smell John Varvatos on him.

Quote Originally Posted by tabbakh View Post
    I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is.

My friend Steve is gay as musical theater and he loves Fierce. He also loves Millesime Imperial and Kenneth Cole Reaction.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I'm not gay, but when I worked @ Macy's, the floor manger there who is gay always complimented me when I would wear Paris Hilton for Men or BLV.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I'm not gay.
    You were last night ...

Cumming by Alan Cumming. No Joke!

Last edited by nsamadi; 7th May 2010 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    You were last night ...
    Bahaha!

Anything as long as his pants are off.
    I'm not your toy.

Cumming by Alan Cumming. No Joke!

ROTFL! I *love* the way he spoofs perfume advertising. You should see the ad he did spoofing Sophie Dahl in those Poison ads!

Thanks for sharing this!

BTW, I can't say if I beleive there is a collection of scents any group of people of any given persuasion would prefer. People have different tastes in perfume. Personally, I'd love to smell a strong, indolic jasmine on a man...it exudes virility and sensuality.
    Last edited by Primrose; 7th May 2010 at 02:53 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like my colognes how I like my men... strong and sweet.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Personally, I'd love to smell a strong, indolic jasmine on a man...it exudes virility and sensuality.
    Very sexy, indeed!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th May 2010 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I'm the only gay guy I've ever met - aside from quite a few fellow Basenoters - who is into fragrances. Most, in fact, specifically state how they hate fragrances.
    I agree with this... gay men into fragrances seem few and far-between.
    Last edited by Furriner; 7th May 2010 at 03:43 AM.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Very sexy, indeed!
    Your avatar/signature is creepy, man. I've seen dead people (not like in 6th sense) and at a quick glance, it looks like a dead person's eyes.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

On me, the guys like Sueur de Couilles... it doesn't smell bad on a str8 guy either, if you can get that close. Kind of a skin scent, really.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 7th May 2010 at 06:02 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    On me, the guys like Sueur de Couilles... it doesn't smell bad on a str8 guy either, if you can get that close. Kind of a skin scent, really.
    I know exactly what you mean, as long as it's applied lightly
    ...although the gourmand flanker, Crème de Prépuce, disgusts me
    Last edited by Trufflehunter; 7th May 2010 at 07:29 AM.

Sur la Plage

Eau-Mo - www.eau-mo.com

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I reckon good ole Eternity for Men smells great on guys but Id go along with the Duke , clean sweaty hairy chests PHWOAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

What a tragedy! Cologne on man is so sexy!! Come to Boston and Providence, RI. It seems like every guy at gay clubs use cologne.
    I'd say the favorites are AF Fierce (nothing like conforming to stereotypes), Dolce & Gabanna FM and Armani Code. Nothing revolutionary but I happen to like each of those scents.

Serge Lutens Mkk or CDG Avignon.

Quote Originally Posted by Virabhadra View Post
    Your avatar/signature is creepy, man. I've seen dead people (not like in 6th sense) and at a quick glance, it looks like a dead person's eyes.
    It's a Greek bronze head from Delos. I've updated it with another bronze. The eyes look weird as the stone/pupil insert is missing. Your avatar is beyond fear!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th May 2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Your avatar is beyond fear!
    Thanks. I get crazy with Photoshop sometimes and I am my best victim when it comes to picture-butchery.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    I know exactly what you mean, as long as it's applied lightly
    ...although the gourmand flanker, Crème de Prépuce, disgusts me
    That's not otherwise known as Eau Pecorino is it?

From my experiences, I haven't noticed any differences in what straight and gay men think smells good on men. Not to hijack the thread, but I think the whole straight/gay thing is a false dichotomy anyway in terms of human sexuality.

I don't think you can beat the scent of clean, does it for me all of the time.

I had put on 2 light spritzes of Derby by Guerlain (check out my SotD posted earlier today) before going over to some friends (who happen to be gay) this evening. Out of the blue, one of them said, "One of you is wearing a very nice scent..." I spelled out which fragrance it was. (He's actually lived in Paris so he was familiar with the boulevard where it can be purchased ).

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Anthony View Post
    I don't think you can beat the scent of clean, does it for me all of the time.
    Clean Men?? Original? i do love the Shower Fresh!

D&G The One. My BF wears it so I guess that counts?
    TBH I'd probably like anything (male or female fragrance) on a guy if he was cute enough

Blog Entries

Monsieur Rochas.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I've got to admit, I don't really like the title of this thread. If I posted a thread "Straight Guys Only" it could be viewed as homophobic.

Do we really have to subdivide ourselves? I thought we were all here because we loved fragrances.

What next?

White guys! What fragrances do you like on other white people?

An extreme example I know, but you get my drift.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

^^ please, not again!

Thread From Yesterday!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 10th May 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I've got to admit, I don't really like the title of this thread. If I posted a thread "Straight Guys Only" it could be viewed as homophobic.

Do we really have to subdivide ourselves? I thought we were all here because we loved fragrances.

What next?

White guys! What fragrances do you like on other white people?

An extreme example I know, but you get my drift.
    Do you also think that the Sticky ("which scent gets you the most female compliments") has to be closed?

Stop whining.

Blog Entries

Good god.

I left these forums for just such a post.

My first day back as a poster and it rears its ugly head.

Guess it's me.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Good god.

I left these forums for just such a post.

My first day back as a poster and it rears its ugly head.

Guess it's me.
    Aw Hoos, we've missed you and don't want you to go. We like Monsieur Rochas too. We'll all say we're wearing it if it will make things better.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hey, Guys,

I am obsessed with frags (FOR ME), but, truth told, I love a man to smell absolutely natural. I even like a slight male body odor when getting really close. I know that makes me a big hypocrite, since I like to smell like a perfume counter, but there it is! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    Do you also think that the Sticky ("which scent gets you the most female compliments") has to be closed?

Stop whining.
    Stop whining?

Oh, I have a multitude of responses to that, but in the interests of keeping my temper, I'll refrain.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    ^^ please, not again!

Thread From Yesterday!
    Fair enough - I didn't see that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post

What about the appalling division of the men's and women's forum? We're all here because we enjoy frags, right? No need to be so sexist about it!

For better or worse, we aren't disembodied noses appreciating smell for its own sake. The scents we wear intersect with our cultural perspectives, our sexual and gender identities, and even our religious views ( as an example, a number of former and practicing catholics have strong associations with frankincense, both good and bad depending on their experiences ).

This has been hashed over in another thread, but given it's come up again, it's worth addressing on this thread, too.

Straight guys do this all the time - see this endless thread. Why are there so many guys who just want to know what straight women think is sexy on a guy? I find guys sexy - don't I get a say? Well, no, because what I find sexy is not necessarily going to help a guy trying to appeal to women. Likewise, this is a thread by a gay guy looking to find what other gay guys find sexy. I don't see why there can't be threads for both, or even further divisions if someone cares to post them. ( There has been a "What do older women like?" thread quite recently - i.e. "Cougars only!" ) Nothing anti-hetero was said here, it was just someone seeking to target a gay audience for their opinions just as straight guys ask straight women almost daily on Basenotes.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 10th May 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    What about the appalling division of the men's and women's forum? We're all here because we enjoy frags, right? No need to be so sexist about it!

For better or worse, we aren't disembodied noses appreciating smell for its own sake. The scents we wear intersect with our cultural perspectives, our sexual and gender identities, and even our religious views ( as an example, a number of former and practicing catholics have strong associations with frankincense, both good and bad depending on their experiences ).

This has been hashed over in another thread, but given it's come up again, it's worth addressing on this thread, too.

Straight guys do this all the time - see this endless thread. Why are there so many guys who just want to know what straight women think is sexy on a guy? I find guys sexy - don't I get a say? Well, no, because what I find sexy is not necessarily going to help a guy trying to appeal to women. Likewise, this is a thread by a gay guy looking to find what other gay guys find sexy. I don't see why there can't be threads for both, or even further divisions if someone cares to post them. ( There has been a "What do older women like?" thread quite recently - i.e. "Cougars only!" ) Nothing anti-hetero was said here, it was just someone seeking to target a gay audience for their opinions just as straight guys ask straight women almost daily on Basenotes.
    Oh... whatever.

Pardon me for having an opinion.

Interesting thread It's kinda funny that people say there aren't many gay men that enjoy fragrances. It's interesting to see all these stereotypes get smashededed. Not all women enjoy them either so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's fun to see things from a different perspective!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I sprayed L'instant EDP this morning and fell in love with myself all over again today.

Basenotes Institution

I enjoy smelling many fragrances on guys, too many to mention. Preferably something that does NOT smell aquatic, fresh and is lightly applied.

Off the top of my head: Tuscany by Aramis smells so sexy on a guy. But, the weird thing is, I don't own a bottle of it. Strange, huh?

I'm a sucker for a gentleman that can pull of scents I can't. Why, just last week, I was rendered wholly incapacitated by a dude wearing Tom Ford for Men. It smells rancid on me, but on him it smelled like heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by le grand duc View Post
    you were last night ...

hahahaha!
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Guys, please start wearing more Kouros. You have no idea how good it makes you smell. I can't think of a sexier scent.

That said, just about any fragrance would appeal to me if worn by a guy I'm really into, even the most derivative Light Blue/Cool Water clone.